Suits

13»

• Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,387
    sungod wrote:
    wearing the pointy black ziggy stingray's today :D

i shall be emerging from eurostar st p. about 1610, say hello and i'll stand a bottle at the bubbly bar upstairs
    Drat, I could have made it there if I'd been reading this when you posted...you can for now carrying on being international man of mystery (with a similar sense of style as the original :wink: )
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,633
    Brioni for me. I save like bu66ery and buy one every couple of years. Set off nicely with shirts by Oscar of Sweden.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • webboowebboo Posts: 2,052
    Should a cyclist have more suits than bikes.
  • I don't own a suit.
    I've never owned a suit.
    I never will own a suit.
    They don't suit me,
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 665
    I have to wear a suit every day (‘‘tis a very traditional school that I work in) so I keep an eye on eBay for decent second hand Next suits. Most I’ve spent is £25 plus dry cleaning for OK-ish wool suits. I refuse to pay more when on any given day, I could end up with chewing gum (or worse) stuck to me hence ruining them.

Shoes on the other hand are almost impossible to find. On my feet most of the day so I’m always on the look out for something comfortable enough for that that aren’t going to tear my feet to pieces as they break in. Tried leather soles and nearly fell over a dozen times when it rained. Super shiny floors don’t you know.

Thank you for reading (or not!)
  • webboowebboo Posts: 2,052
    I tend to wear suits for most social occasions if I get the chance.
    I wore one for a job interview a few weeks ago. The job was for a conservation assistant which I got, however I don’t wear a suit for the job. As it turns out a conservation assistant gets to clean toilets both ancient and modern in the 16th century Manor House where I’m working.
  • rick_chaseyrick_chasey Posts: 43,847 Lives Here
    johngti said:

I have to wear a suit every day (‘‘tis a very traditional school that I work in) so I keep an eye on eBay for decent second hand Next suits. Most I’ve spent is £25 plus dry cleaning for OK-ish wool suits. I refuse to pay more when on any given day, I could end up with chewing gum (or worse) stuck to me hence ruining them.

Shoes on the other hand are almost impossible to find. On my feet most of the day so I’m always on the look out for something comfortable enough for that that aren’t going to tear my feet to pieces as they break in. Tried leather soles and nearly fell over a dozen times when it rained. Super shiny floors don’t you know.

Thank you for reading (or not!)

You can get rubber soles put on for £15.

Then when that wears out you don’t need to replace the leather, just the rubber, and you don’t slip around.
  • johngtijohngti Posts: 665

You can get rubber soles put on for £15.

Then when that wears out you don’t need to replace the leather, just the rubber, and you don’t slip around.

Yeah done that with one pair, it’s ok. I like a bit more cushioning though. And quiet soles are good for not making your presence known until you’re close enough to catch the little scrotes doing something they shouldn’t!