British champion gets busted for cheating

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited October 2019 in Road general
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... -advantage

british zwift champion gets busted.

ffs - have these people no life? or self respect? or are they just that desperatly sad they need anything?
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• zest28
    zest28 Posts: 403
    How can you cheat when it was not illegal back then?

And you really think he won because he used a "Tron-Bike" rather than the Watts he was producing? :lol: He would have won on many other bikes as well.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Cameron - is that you?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Zest28 wrote:

And you really think he won because he used a "Tron-Bike" rather than the Watts he was producing? :lol: He would have won on many other bikes as well.
    If he wasn’t cheating why was he hiding things.2,000 Watts at 45kg body weight :lol:
  • zest28
    Webboo wrote:
    Zest28 wrote:

If he wasn’t cheating why was he hiding things.2,000 Watts at 45kg body weight :lol:

Because he only did that to unlock a bike in the game called the "Tron-Bike" rather than set KOM's as some people like the way the bike looks but don't want to spend time climbing 50000 metres in the game.

If he wanted to cheat, he would have used the fastest bike in the game rather than the "Tron-Bike".

And exactly how was a he cheating as it was not illegal back then for the Swift championship.
  • webboo
    Zest28 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Zest28 wrote:

Because he only did that to unlock a bike in the game called the "Tron-Bike" rather than set KOM's as some people like the way the bike looks but don't want to spend time climbing 50000 metres in the game.

If he wanted to cheat, he would have used the fastest bike in the game rather than the "Tron-Bike".

And exactly how was a he cheating as it was not illegal back then for the Swift championship.
    How sad are you trying to make out it’s all legitimate.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Zest28 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Zest28 wrote:

The tron bike is the fastest.

Also....it's zwift :lol:
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Read the link Zest
    “...manipulation of data...”
    In doing so, he is guilty as charged and deserves ridicule and loss of face and reputation.
    The fact that he may have been legit in the actual event is irrelevant .
  • jgsi
    F ck..is this Zest , Mile uncher ver. 48????????
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    why is it considered "sad" to cheat at e sports more than in other cycling?

he didnt cheat in the actual race, as far as i can see he just didn't clock up the mileage/elevaion required to get the in game bike he used - so yeah it is cheating but it would be like a racer stealing the bike he won a race on because it was more aero/lighter than the one he had. He still won the race but did it in an unethical way.

I'm sure far worse cheating goes on in esports than this but the relatively small fine seems fair for the cheating.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    JGSI wrote:
    Read the link Zest
    In doing so, he is guilty as charged and deserves ridicule and loss of face and reputation.
    I mean, doesn't anyone deserve ridicule for entering any such event?
  • jgsi
    bompington wrote:
    JGSI wrote:
    Read the link Zest

Depends on your own views of course... maybe sad but esports cycling is not going to go away or get lesser attention.

For my style of training for old gits road racing in the summer, Zwift just suits me fine.
    I wouldn’t be interested though in pursuing it to this competition level though, no way Jose.
    Be prepared to see it on Eurosport next year.... I mean they cover indoors climbing comps a lot.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Amount of support for Cam in this appalling. In my eyes, he deserves DQ just because he thought it was OK to $#!& on effort of everyone who did climb 50km for their neon bikes.
  • mamil314 wrote:
    Amount of support for Cam in this appalling. In my eyes, he deserves DQ just because he thought it was OK to $#!& on effort of everyone who did climb 50km for their neon bikes.
    I suspect that like Zest they've sucked up the lie that he's been found guilty of rules that didn't exist when he was actually found in breach of existing British Cycling conduct rules.

I suspect the truth is of little interest to them but rather his version of events.
  • bompington
    JGSI wrote:
    ... I mean they cover indoors climbing comps a lot.
    Zwift could be compared more closely to a chin up competition than indoor climbing
  • bompington
    ... but I wouldn't be surprised if you can find that on Eurosport somewhere
  • webboo
    bompington wrote:
    JGSI wrote:
    ... I mean they cover indoors climbing comps a lot.
    Zwift could be compared more closely to a chin up competition than indoor climbing
    They only cover the World Championships and World cups and usually are won by the best in the world. Not some bloke you’ve never heard claiming to weigh about as much as one of Chris Froome's legs.
    It may more like this.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mVwmvMppkZ4
    Mind you still get World Cup winners turning up for it.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Ignoring what he did and how he did it for a second, the glaringly obvious issue I have here is after weighing in riders, and using identical(provided) trainers + HRMS in the final race.. Why were the riders not all mandated to be on the same bike and equipment?

Yes,they were riding their trade team/sponsor equipment on the provided trainers, but surely the bikes/wheels used in "game" should have been equal - meaning that a result was based on tactics, knowledge and ultimately the ability to ride, not via advantage gained from having an older/well used and leveled up account with choice of unlocks.

Besides that, using ANT+ simulators etc is a massive ToS violation Zwift side so he'll be quite lucky to retain his account. In much the same way as using aim assists, or texture mods to see opposing players in FPS games.

*For the record, I am a massive fan of Zwift and indoor training in general
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • zest28
    edited October 2019
    That is also what I don’t understand. They could have let the finals be held with everybody on the same bike.

British cycling is really a joke imo retrospectively banning people for new regulations that did not exist back then.

Suppose if the UCI introduces new regulations regarding limits of the use of certain substances. Will they now ban and remove the results of people who were in violation of that in the past despite different regulations being in effect back then? That would be crazy.

The kid is being punished harder than Chris Froome while Chis Froome did actually break an active regulation that did have a much bigger impact on the final results.
  • Zest28 wrote:
    That is also what I don’t understand. They could have let the finals be held with everybody on the same bike.

British cycling is really a joke imo retrospectively banning people for new regulations that did not exist back then.

Suppose if the UCI introduces new regulations regarding limits of the use of certain substances. Will they now ban and remove the results of people who were in violation of that in the past despite different regulatins being in effect back then? That would be crazy.
    Are you too stupid or ignorant to understand he breached existing rules?

I'd suggest you read the BC decision and BC handbook for the relevant rules but suspect reading and comprehension are not your strong points.
  • zest28
    So when did he used the bot? He did it before this regulation was introduced which is what makes this messed up.

If he did the bot after this regulation was introduced, he deserved the 1 year ban. But this was not the case.
  • Zest28 wrote:
    So when did he used the bot? He did it before this regulation was introduced which is what makes this messed up.
    Jeez, you're really being thick.

When was Code of Conduct Clause 3.2(h) introduced?
  • zest28
    edited October 2019
    The new regulation he got busted for was introduced 8th of march this year while he unlocked the Tron bike ages ago with the bot.

The regulation he got busted for is so new that it was not even active during the Qualifier rounds.
  • When was Code of Conduct Clause 3.2(h) introduced?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Pretend racing. He was happy to take any advantages of winning whether financial, material or followers.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Zest28 wrote:

If he did the bot after this regulation was introduced, he deserved the 1 year ban. But this was not the case.

FFS your happy he’s using a bit to cheat at Zwift, contrary to their user rules and saying when he’s caught it’s messed up?

He is closely associated with a media entity who have posted on social media a meme style photo of doing exactly this, using an ANT+ simulator to unlock the TRON bike.

The ‘bot’ levelling up rides were removed from his account/profile to evade detection (Reference: Zwift)
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    bompington wrote:

Why? Ever had a go? It’s damn hard and loads of fun. If 179bpm average HR for over an hour can ever be fun. I’d enter this stuff if I was any good, which there is no danger of.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    NorvernRob wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Why? Ever had a go? It’s damn hard and loads of fun. If 179bpm average HR for over an hour can ever be fun. I’d enter this stuff if I was any good, which there is no danger of.

It's just been demonstrated you don't need to be good. Just hack the program.
  • jgsi
    A lot do... plain obvious.
    It’s still a good training platform though to keep you pushing the pedals.
    This UCI / BC Hook up that Zwift has manipulated, well its bllx.
    If they up the subs again, I will be out. 12.99 is ENOUGH already.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,931
    amrushton wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    bompington wrote:

Really? Clearly you know diddly squat about racing on Zwift.
    You may be able to cheat your way to a better in game bike, but are you really suggesting that those who made the live finals aren't any good? No cheating possible on the night.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    amrushton wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    bompington wrote:

It really hasn't. What has been demonstrated is that it is possible to gain experience and/or level based unlockable items in a game while not playing it. Not much different to Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Minecraft, Fortnite etc etc, Quite a clear ToS violation regarding Zwift before any mention of British Cyclings rules.

All of the riders inc Jeffers still had to put massive efforts, use course knowledge and pedal just right to benefit from drafing. Zwift racing is not easy, some folk aren't fans of indoor training and that's ok... I'm not a fan of going out on dark, pishing wet horrible night rides.
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.