sungod
sungod Posts: 16,535
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee ahoy, webex and lab, early bail

it be international talk like a pirate day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, clear skies so we should see the sunshine again, I will try and enjoy the day oxoman hopefully end the day with a swim and sauna
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    WFH so may fit fun bike ride number 3 in, last nights was only a quick blast with youngest rugrat and hound, but it was fun :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    A combination of the OH being away and me WFH today lead to an unexpected amount of wine consumption. Now I feel a bit poorly. Nice day, might get out on the bicycle later and potentially fit a quick run in at lunch
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Avast!

waiting on yet another box which in theory should be the last of them.

Not sure what I've touched but my left palm seems to be erupting into what looks like a chemical burn which is lovely, I'll blame the poor quality coffee at work for that.

Work for a bit then skulk off home an play with contents of box.

Garrr?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Rum for breakfast then, plus a bit of light pillaging before lunch.

Lovely bright and sunny morning. Off to use that fancy coffee machine in the kitchen, then blag some work...
  • Site visit ahoy...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,147
    arrr
    Ran part way to the crows nest this morning. Seems to be dark in the mornings now :(
    Pilates later, not pirates unfortunately.

John Rhys Davies was advocating keelhauling on the boat safety video the other week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Eq9XisXHw
  • Swore like a pirate quite a few times today, mainly during the tree stump removal process. This required 2 chainsaws, a spade, mattock, axe, a crowbar, and a towing strap on the back of the ute to drag the stump out. Some minor wheel slippage and clutch pain later it was done.

Us: 1 Tree Stump: 0

Had a sparky round to do some wiring changes, which went surprisingly well. Except for the bit he forgot to do. :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Question for you lot, 140mm or 160mm brake discs? Need to order some or stopping on the new bike will be limited to walls hedges or my feet.
  • Step83 wrote:
    Question for you lot, 140mm or 160mm brake discs? Need to order some or stopping on the new bike will be limited to walls hedges or my feet.
    Frame dependent usually. 140 only suitable for rear brakes I think?

In any case, I'd stick to 160 and if you have to, get an adaptor for the mounts if the frame is built for 140's.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

In any case, I'd stick to 160 and if you have to, get an adaptor for the mounts if the frame is built for 140's.

Kinesis say its built for 140's but will take 160's need to wait on the brakes now to work out what adapters I need.
  • Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Kinesis say its built for 140's but will take 160's need to wait on the brakes now to work out what adapters I need.
    Ah ok, if the frame is designed for 140, then use them, less faff.
  • hopkinb
    Swore like a pirate quite a few times today, mainly during the tree stump removal process. This required 2 chainsaws, a spade, mattock, axe, a crowbar, and a towing strap on the back of the ute to drag the stump out. Some minor wheel slippage and clutch pain later it was done.

Surely dynamitey boom boom?!
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Swore like a pirate quite a few times today, mainly during the tree stump removal process. This required 2 chainsaws, a spade, mattock, axe, a crowbar, and a towing strap on the back of the ute to drag the stump out. Some minor wheel slippage and clutch pain later it was done.

Had the offending tree been out in the paddock, yes, or at least something pyrotechnic but this one was right outside the en-suite bathroom window. Bit close to the house for a big bang approach. :D
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    203mm
    oh wait, different bike.

I'd go with 140 and change later if you feel like you need more power. You just need a different adaptor and rotor so it's a cheap upgrade so logistics girl won't notice.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Just been for a spin on one of the mtbs at lunch, I could some great trail potential in a massive quarry nearby, need to get digging this autumn!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,303
    Afternoon mi hearties,
    Mild Thursday morning hangover was accompanied by some decidedly unstable behaviour down below. I probably could have done without the last pint, but I did enjoy it.
    Meeting the old dear's neighbour tonight, I may have to make him walk the plank.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    203mm
    oh wait, different bike.

I'd go with 140 and change later if you feel like you need more power. You just need a different adaptor and rotor so it's a cheap upgrade so logistics girl won't notice.

203mm could be amusing.

To be fair she has a pony so doubt she would care, things a money hoover. 140mm is less faff can just slap them on, think I need an adaptor regardless for the front but wont know till the brakes turn up.

V, just slip into west country pirate for no apparent reason. We have a guy here who confused the new starters for about a week by doing a different accent/language for a week. great fun to watch.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Had the offending tree been out in the paddock, yes, or at least something pyrotechnic but this one was right outside the en-suite bathroom window. Bit close to the house for a big bang approach. :D

Fair enough! :D
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:

To be fair she has a pony so doubt she would care

A pony?! Bl00dy hell Step. How old is she?!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,331
    Surely it should be 160mm front and 140mm rear?

Weather's too good to post anything, so I won't.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

To be fair she has a pony so doubt she would care

A pony?! Bl00dy hell Step. How old is she?!

25 :lol: bang on my 1/2+7 limit :D

140mm should be fine allround, if not I can just get a 160 an keep the spare 140 for the second wheelset I'll do at some point.
  • I'm running 160's at both ends, 140's would be fine but the adapter make the set up +20 and as I'm no racing snake 160's made more sense.

And look better.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Afternoon. Seeing I'm sailing around the Ionian, a nautical theme seems apt. We went to the iconic shipwreck bay, very scenic. Now moored up in Lixouri. Time for a beer...
  • Sounds nice, enjoy it!

I'm about to go mattress shopping.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    Step83 wrote:
    203mm
    oh wait, different bike.

203's are fine on my old DH bike so they must work for everything else?

Afternoon All, bit of a busy day here but strangely not really stressful. Riding home in a bit so I've definitely earned myself a drink on arrival. Almost makes up for not going out this week.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    avast me hearties, decided to deep six the webexes, around 11-ish anchored the schooner of gmc at a sunny island and rendezvoused for bubbly lunch with mrs s
  • sungod
    hic

arrr
  • thistle_
    sungod wrote:
    avast me hearties, decided to deep six the webexes, around 11-ish anchored the schooner of gmc at a sunny island and rendezvoused for bubbly lunch with mrs s

hic

arr
    They do sparkling rum now?
  • sungod
    cocktail of the day...

french pirate

take flute, pour half measure of orange curaçao, one of dark rum, and fill with champagne