NFL 19/20- Season 100 - Playoffs

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited January 2020 in The bottom bracket
Very much looking forward to this season.
Will the Brady/Belichick combo deliver yet again without The Gronk?
The Browns roster is looking good and could make post season! Can't even remember if they ever have.

First game is a real corker. Packers @ Bears on Thursday. Aaron Rogers vs the best defence in NFL.

Also excited about watching Mahomes for Chiefs, an absolute revelation last year. That 'no look pass'.

This is going to be such an exciting season.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• do you know if any of it is going to be on British telly - ie any crazy ITV4 link ups you sometimes get for games?

Or any highlights packages?

#oooh,4thdown
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mr_goo
    do you know if any of it is going to be on British telly - ie any crazy ITV4 link ups you sometimes get for games?

#oooh,4thdown

BBC I think are covering the 4x London games in Oct.
    Plus they have Sat and Tues shows. Probably the best sports program they do.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    do you know if any of it is going to be on British telly - ie any crazy ITV4 link ups you sometimes get for games?

#oooh,4thdown

BBC I think are covering the 4x London games in Oct.
    Plus they have Sat and Tues shows. Probably the best sports program they do.

top stuff - thank you!
    #ooooh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    What I’d like to see the Bills, Dolphins and,most particularly, the Jets put up a fight against the Patriots in the AFC East

They’ve rolled over and played dead for far too long now

Cleveland Browns should be the revelation for the season after years of dross , play offs and divisional title are a distinct possibility and maybe even a championship final appearance
  • mr_goo
    crispybug2 wrote:
    What I’d like to see the Bills, Dolphins and,most particularly, the Jets put up a fight against the Patriots in the AFC East

They’ve rolled over and played dead for far too long now

Cleveland Browns should be the revelation for the season after years of dross , play offs and divisional title are a distinct possibility and maybe even a championship final appearance

I agree with you on the AFC East. Whilst I follow the Packers I have a soft spot for quite a few other teams namely the Dolphins. Back in the 80s with Marino in his pomp they were an exciting team. Not sure Josh Rosen is going to live up to anything near that. I anticipate the Jets to finish runners up but still miss out on a wildcard.

I agree with you about the Browns. Can't wait to see them go toe to toe against the Steelers, Mouthy Mayfield v Big Ben.

My Predictions for this season is
    AFC Champions - KC Chiefs
    NFC Champions - New Orleans Saints
  • mr_goo
    Week 1 and it's no change at the hyped up Browns as they crash at home to Titans.
    Dolphins had their a55 handed to them on a plate by Ravens.
    Business as usual for the Pats.
    Chiefs and Cowboys start campaigns well.
    Seahawks edge Bengals by a point.
    Good debut from Kyler Murray to lead Cardinals back from the brink to a tie against the Lions.
    And the Thurs game to kick off the 100th season was a win for Packers at Bears.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    Week 1 and it's no change at the hyped up Browns as they crash at home to Titans.
    Dolphins had their a55 handed to them on a plate by Ravens.
    Business as usual for the Pats.
    Chiefs and Cowboys start campaigns well.
    Seahawks edge Bengals by a point.
    Good debut from Kyler Murray to lead Cardinals back from the brink to a tie against the Lions.
    And the Thurs game to kick off the 100th season was a win for Packers at Bears.

thank you for update - much appreciated.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mr_goo
    Week 2. Thursday night game and very surprisingly the Bucs win at the Panthers. The Bucs defence was the key and kept the flamboyant Cam Newton fairly quiet. Haven't seen his post game press conference yet. What's he going to be wearing this time? After last week's short sleeved suit jacket and gawd knows what wrapped round his head and the trade mark fedora.

Big big game at Lambeau on Sunday. Packers host their fiercest rivals the Vikings. It's gonna be a cracker.
  • mr_goo
    Week 2 kicked off with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Carolina Panthers. Despite the Panthers rookie kicker 4from4 the Bucs ran out winners. Cam Newton only completed 50% of passes and no touchdowns. wore a Mrs Doubtfore head scarf for post match conference and blamed the defence for defeat.

New England shut out Dolphins in Miami 45-0. The Dolphins tanking season gathers pace. Lots of empty seats in stadium. Could they go a whole season without a win? At this rate you won't get good odds. That's over 100 points conceded in the first two games and only 10 in reply.
    Packers got off to a flyer at home against fiercest rivals Vikings with an unaswered two touchdowns in first qtr. Vikings struck back at half time. Second half petered out and Packers ran out 21-16 winners.
    Cowboys go about their business with little fuss, Dak Prescott leading them to a 10 point win over Redskins.
    Game of the NFC saw last season's beaten Superbowl finalists LA Rams comfortably overcome one of this season's favourites New Orleans Saints 27-9. Helped in the most part by Drew Brees retirement from game with hand injury.
    Bill's win in New York (New Jersey ) for second week in a row this time their strong rushing game producing 3 touchdowns to roll over the Giants.
    Best on the road result has to be Colts two point win at Tennessee Titans. Jacoby Brissett threw for 3 TDs and looking good, filling in for the recently retired Andrew Luck.
    Super Gob himself Baker Mayfield led the Browns to a very comfortable win over the Jets in Monday night's game.
    Honourable mention to KC Chiefs who march on with another fine win against a resurgent Raiders.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Ah I missed this as it's in the weird part of the forum.

Cam is single handedly trying to destroy my fantasy team. He will not prevail (though I keep getting beaten on the waiver wire for his replacements).
  • mr_goo

Cam is single handedly trying to destroy my fantasy team. He will not prevail (though I keep getting beaten on the waiver wire for his replacements).

Cam Newton winds me up. If he concentrated more on team harmony rather than harmony hairspray the Panthers would be a real force. They'll 0-2 so far. I predict a stuttering season.
    Best trade him in. Mahomes, Prescott or Rodgers.
  • rick_chasey
    Mr Goo wrote:

Cam Newton winds me up. If he concentrated more on team harmony rather than harmony hairspray the Panthers would be a real force. They'll 0-2 so far. I predict a stuttering season.

Haha, like they'd ever be on the waiver wire!
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:

Haha, like they'd ever be on the waiver wire!

Well you'll easily get Josh 'the chosen' Rosen.
  • Mr Goo wrote:

Same for the Giants, I feel like i'll have my head in my hands most weeks. Benching Eli is a positive move as long as it lasts more than a week! but its going to be long old road!
  • rick_chasey
    Mr Goo wrote:

Same for the Giants, I feel like i'll have my head in my hands most weeks. Benching Eli is a positive move as long as it lasts more than a week! but its going to be long old road!

Nuts they didn't do this sooner. Apparently Manning was still doing all the reps in practice, so Danny Dimes has has had something like 6 reps with the starting team.

That and the o-line still isn't convincing; he's in for a rough ride.
  • Nuts they didn't do this sooner. Apparently Manning was still doing all the reps in practice, so Danny Dimes has has had something like 6 reps with the starting team.

That and the o-line still isn't convincing; he's in for a rough ride.

Jones played well enough in preseason to merit a shot at it from week 1 imo. Added to a below par draft and poor decision making have them on the back foot which will take a fair amount of time to turn around.
  • rick_chasey
    Manning still eating $23m in cap too.
  • Manning still eating $23m in cap too.

Which is why he wont waive his no trade clause.
  • mr_goo
    Ben Roethlisberger out for season. Last time he was out for a whole NFL season was when he was a college QB.
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    Ben Roethlisberger out for season. Last time he was out for a whole NFL season was when he was a college QB.

Ah now that is a shame. Is that the end for him....hope not.
  • mr_goo
    Mr Goo wrote:

Ah now that is a shame. Is that the end for him....hope not.

This season already seeing the sidelining of two top QBs. Drew Brees out for a few weeks too. I had Saints down for NFC Final and possible Superbowl.
  • rick_chasey
    Fantasy bloodbath
  • mr_goo
    Forgot Nick Foles of Eagles. Out for season too. Mind you most of Eagles star players are injured.
  • mr_goo
    Titans at Jags is the Thursday night game. I'm expecting Marcus Mariota to lead them to victory and leave the Jags 0-3.
  • mr_goo
    Well that just proves that I know nothing. Jags run out 20-7 winners versus Titans. Gardner Minshew the 2nd the stand in Jags QB threw for two TDs. Mariota on the other side was swamped by the Jags D-line and sacked nine times.
  • rick_chasey
    Refs were rubbish.
  • mr_goo
    Week 3 gets underway propper on Sunday. As usual in regular season there are some superb match ups:-

Rams @ Browns

Saints @ Seahawks

Ravens @ Chiefs

49ers could go 3-0 if they overcome Steelers which I expect them to do. Dolphins are at Cowboys so expect a high score for the home boys and little in return from a very fractured Miami side.
  • rick_chasey
    Beware the 0-2 teams! Cornered animals.
  • mr_goo
    Beware the 0-2 teams! Cornered animals.

Except the Miami Dolphins.
    Strictly speaking they're mammals.
  • rick_chasey
    Danny Dimes, woof.