wednesday like thoughts inside a dream

2»

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Are there always weirdos running around London at lunchtime? All the gear no idea types? Running at walking pace then stopping every couple of minutes to do stretches?

Hayden, use gaffer tape instead of a measly plaster.
  • Are there always weirdos running around London at lunchtime? All the gear no idea types? Running at walking pace then stopping every couple of minutes to do stretches?

No, 3m vhb .
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Are there always weirdos running around London at lunchtime? All the gear no idea types? Running at walking pace then stopping every couple of minutes to do stretches?

No, 3m vhb .
    I thought that was some sort of runnist’s code, then I realised he meant tape. At least I think so.
    Have fun HD, look at subito.it for bikes out there. Get a cool Italian steel framed road bike.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

No need for the "at lunchtime". 24 hour weirdos.

You should try the cycle commute coming in from the southwest along the embankment for a full appreciation of the all the gear no idea types. GBP10k bikes are not rare.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    edited September 2019
    ISO/EN1090...

"Oh look, it's a C section... no wait, it's an H section..." ?

Phoned Scottih power on Monday morning.

"No worries we'll be there at 2.15pm"
    Me: "Make sure you call me before hand, I don't live there"
    "How much warning do you need?"
    Me: "15 to 20 mins"
    "Okay, no problem"

No call. No call yesterday.

Me: "I called on Monday to notify you of a fault. Here's the reference number...[confirm address etc]..."
    "Yes, the engineer went there but there was no one in" !?!?

W@nkers.

Anyway, it's been wet and blowy all day. Same as the weather.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    Pinno wrote:
    Phoned Scottih power on Monday morning.
    There's a cable hanging down over the path near here. Reported it a few years ago, didn't hear anything back then a couple of weeks later there was a missed call on my phone which came up as Scottish Power when I googled so pretty sure it was the guys looking for the cable.
    Rang them back and they denied all knowledge. Can you check if someone's been out to look? No we can't do anything like that. :roll:
    Cable's still there, glad I'm not tall.
  • Midweek admin day in town. Stopped by hardware store on way home but shopping fail - they had no stock of the one thing we need. :roll:

so just buy loads of stuff you don't need or more bike bits. you always need more bike bits.

ffs man, you're wcting like a clubbie amateur shopping for mudguards.

#youknowbetterthanthat
    Oh I still picked up a few things that weren’t what I went in there for, pack of electrical tape, a dustpan and broom, and a can of degreaser to add to the collection, but what I really needed was a replacement wheel for the wood chipper. They had all the other sizes and fittings but not this specific one.

They don’t do bike parts, other than rack hooks to hang them up.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb wrote:

No need for the "at lunchtime". 24 hour weirdos.

You should try the cycle commute coming in from the southwest along the embankment for a full appreciation of the all the gear no idea types. GBP10k bikes are not rare.
    Reminds me of a bloke I saw on a golf course one day. Full ensemble of the most expensive clubs you can buy, pro-tour bag, all the accessories, an outfit head to toe in Ralph Lauren golf attire...

To nick a phrase from David Feherty I think, had a swing like someone trapped in a phone booth trying to kill a snake with a hammer. Took four such swings - only two of which made actual contact with the ball - to get past the end of the tee box. :D
  • Veronese68 wrote:

No, 3m vhb .
    I thought that was some sort of runnist’s code, then I realised he meant tape. At least I think so.
    Have fun HD, look at subito.it for bikes out there. Get a cool Italian steel framed road bike.
    Local FB page here had a Chessini for sale the other day. Lush.
  • veronese68
    Chesini are in Verona, I bought a frame to build up from Ebay in Italy. They make everything from kids bikes to high end racers. I used to think they were as big as Bianchi as I saw them more than anything else in Verona, but they are particular to the area.
  • Veronese68 wrote:

Hah, 500e for a 1998 Giant... 600e for a '79 Eroica Rauler with a stiff link? I'll stick with plastic bikes and disc brakes :lol:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Hah, 500e for a 1998 Giant... 600e for a '79 Eroica Rauler with a stiff link? I'll stick with plastic bikes and disc brakes :lol:
    Maybe not then :oops:
  • thistle_
    Veronese68 wrote:

Basket of westies for 350e though https://www.subito.it/animali/west-high ... 095415.htm but it's not clear whether the basket is included.
    Google translates it as "due to overproduction" :roll: