Tuesday, once more into the void

step83
step83 Posts: 4,170
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
Morning,

Police swarming round here an been banging on everyone's doors as there been a fair few gunshots in the woods this evening.
Apparently the golf course owners get a bit jittery when they hear gunfire :| we're on the edge of a working wood and farmland, urgh. No sleep for a few hours I suspect till they get bored an go home.

Recommend me bar tape as well please, need one that won't melt in the rain, was debating black leather Brooks stuff but open to squisher options.

Comments

• Lizard Skins or Supacaz for squish and grip.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Morning, very quiet at South Wootton , just Johnnie Walker on the radio
    Lizard skins is my preferred bar tape
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    edited September 2019
    oxoman wrote:
    why do we send people out qualified with no actual job experience, bring back proper on the job apprenticeships I say.
    I worked most school/university holidays since I was 16 before getting a proper full time job. Learned how to get in on time and that making tea was the most important part of the day
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    'ning

no shots here, though i can think of plenty of worthy targets

heady whirl of coffee and webex, may go get squiffy later
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bar tape = Lizard skins. Black.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Morning folks,
    Hard work getting myself up and out this morning, not helped by the fact that the trouble is working from home for a couple of weeks. Pedalling seemed like hard work, seems to be a little bit windy so I'll blame that. Can't be fagged to get in early any more, HR are doing their best to destroy morale by saying no more bunking off early. The meaning of the phrase give and take is lost on some people. I'm sure it'll blow over soon enough, hope so.
    There was someone on that nextdoor thing moaning about gunshots near us a while back. Not sure how long they'd lived next to Richmond Park for but they will find the cull is a regular occurrence, we can even hear it from ours if the windows are open.
    Bar tape, Lizard Skins as mentioned. I got the thicker one this time, think I prefer the thinner one. Although it was quite handy over the cobbles on Sunday.
    Anywhoo, onward and upwards...
  • ciao

it is silent at Casa MF save for the twittering of wildlife, so all is good. no one popping caps in these parts let alone Plod knocking on doors.

currently drinking coffee whilest reading the paper and curled up with The Hound.

Picking up a SUP later for TDV. God knows when she's going to use it but hey, it'll keep her happy.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bar tape - Lifeline is nice, but seeing as everyone is recommending Lizard Skins i may get some to go in the box to go to Italy to put on the Boardman that is out there.

#grippy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • errrr - £20 a roll? forget that.

#howmuch?

so i ordered some medicinal honey instead

#healingpowers

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Step83 wrote:
    Recommend me bar tape as well please, need one that won't melt in the rain, was debating black leather Brooks stuff but open to squisher options.
    I got the Evans own brand stuff for my last bike, it was nice and squishy but unless you wrapped it really tight it kept coming loose (the self adhesive backing was useless). If you wrap it tight, it's not squishy any more :roll:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    fizik microtex classic, lasts well, grippy not squishy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Cinelli Gel Cork tape, in black! Mines been on for about four years. Unwind for maintenance then wrap back on. I kept the previous tape and run a strip under the new along the top at contact points. just about wearing out where I lean the bike against the bench in the shed.
    Today I forgot to re-pressurise the back tyre after yesterdays visit from the P* fairies. Bit bouncy so rode mostly out of the saddle.
  • I use the Fizik Performance offering. Not overly expensive (£8 from Wiggle) and has lasted three summers on my Trek now with no signs of wear.

Nothing exciting to report other than I may wander around the gym at lunch.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Looking like skinned lizards shall be adorning the Deda's then, shall see if LBS has any in black later.

Hoodlems that were shooting were never found (surprise surprise) but they apparently found some yoof doing non prescription medication and a group of people enjoying the interiors of other peoples cars whilst not wearing much.
    No bears nor bigfoot nor the fabled riches of Mr Turing were sighted nor recovered.

Shoot all sleep last night anyway so I'll be living on life giving coffee.
  • currently deciding whether to buy new wheels. frantic messaging going around local mafia to see who gets biggest wiggle discount.

does anyone know if platinum & gold are the same?

#moneysavin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    currently deciding whether to buy new wheels. frantic messaging going around local mafia to see who gets biggest wiggle discount.

does anyone know if platinum & gold are the same?

#moneysavin'

I've got platinum, I think it's better than gold.
  • hopkinb
    Dammit, bo I haven't, I've not bought from wiggle since December. I'm gold.
  • step83
    From Wiggles website

Customer Status Price Paid Saving £ Saving %
    Standard £37.99 £0.00 0%
    Gold £36.09 £1.90 5%
    Platinium £33.44 £4.55 12%

Somehow I have Platinum apparently
  • Step83 wrote:
    From Wiggles website

Customer Status Price Paid Saving £ Saving %
    Standard £37.99 £0.00 0%
    Gold £36.09 £1.90 5%
    Platinium £33.44 £4.55 12%

Somehow I have Platinum apparently

sweeeet - thank you. additional 12% saving.

#GETIN!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Dammit, bo I haven't, I've not bought from wiggle since December. I'm gold.

need to spend more, dude.

buy some stuff. anyfink.

do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now.

#doit

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    BUY ALL THINGS!

Reminds me, a while back I got the black version of the brake cable outers. May bung them on at the same time as the new tape.

#stealthy
  • Is anyone else just as confufddled by Brexit now?* I'm beginning to lose the will to live with it all now.

I'd just be happy for a clean break from it all and see what happens on the other side rather than listen to suits banging on about it day in/day out.

*Posted here because there is proper thread where people understand it and argue like politicians.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited September 2019
    Just rode the S3 to Edwyn's Bespoke Butchery for Breakfast Bacon and have noticed that I have lost an end plug off the S3.

Means new wheels.

#purchases

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Is anyone else just as confufddled by Brexit now?* I'm beginning to lose the will to live with it all now.
    A little.
    I'd just be happy for a clean break from it all and see what happens on the other side rather than listen to suits banging on about it day in/day out.
    There's no such thing as a clean break, sorting out the mess will take ages. Leaving without a deal is not the end, it's just the beginning of the next episode. I think the current state of affairs is a disgrace, the mother of all parliaments is a laughing stock. Did anyone mention it when you were in Italy? A lot of the ones I spoke to in summer said our parliament made theirs look good, and they know they've got a shitshow.
    Half of what we sell goes to the EU, talking to shipping companies is interesting, none of the ones I have dealt with are keen. Although they will just put the prices up to cover everything. We will probably end up consolidating small orders into a few large consignments to our Paris outfit and them shipping stuff on from there. It will lead to our Paris operation getting bigger and this place shrinking if they screw this up. I'm sure we're not alone in that respect.
  • step83
    Is anyone else just as confufddled by Brexit now?* I'm beginning to lose the will to live with it all now.

*Posted here because there is proper thread where people understand it and argue like politicians.

Lost the will to live with it a while ago to be honest. There was a vote, MP's appear unhappy with the public's choice so are trying to have another vote or some crap.
  • i did a politics degree at a red brick, professipnal background, radio 4 listener, Times & Guardian reader, married to a well brainy bird whos work involves a slight understanding international stuff because it involves where she goes to do her stuff. Essentially we should be clued up on this.

Avid remainers so again, we should be clued up.

Not a clue whats going. not a scooby. nothing at all. and totally bored by it all.

all i know if that this clusterfukkk needs to end so we can pick up the pieces and try to start again.

#totalclusterfukkkk

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603

Maybe not befuddled but there are a lot of permutations and hard to predict things in play here so I wouldn't want to put my money on anything until at least the end of the week. And maybe not even then.

Would certainly make my job a shed load easier if rain stopped play now. Still, it's fun being able to spout bollox when people come to me in the office and ask for my views on what's happening :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Significant Other's significant birthday today. Spectacular spring sunshine, sat on balcony this morning with coffee watching dolphins in the bay in front of us. Took convertible for a pleasant drive in the country to do lunch. Home in time for drinkies in late afternoon sun on balcony again, then out for fish 'n chips dinner.

Perfect.

Sometimes this retirement gig is hard work. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    And on a more serious note I'm stuffing my face with some pick 'n' mix from the local buffet take away place as I rode in and I am ferkin starving.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Significant Other's significant birthday today. Spectacular spring sunshine, sat on balcony this morning with coffee watching dolphins in the bay in front of us. Took convertible for a pleasant drive in the country to do lunch. Home in time for drinkies in late afternoon sun on balcony again, then out for fish 'n chips dinner.

Perfect.

Sometimes this retirement gig is hard work. :D
    I would tell you go away but then I realised you're about as far away as you physically can be without involving space travel :)