Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Robot vacuum cleaner

PepPep Posts: 501
edited August 2019 in The cake stop
OK we are on the market for a robot vac cleaner.
Better if with mop function (or should I rather buy two robots?)

What's your experience and reccomendation?
Thanks,

• robert88robert88 Posts: 2,706
    Pep wrote:
    OK we are on the market for a robot vac cleaner.
    Better if with mop function (or should I rather buy two robots?)

What's your experience and reccomendation?
    Thanks,

Better to get a domestic in as they more versatile.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,321
    As Rob, mentions above. All of them are pretty useless don't do edges or corners properly and struggle with stuff left on floors, just get some fit young bird or old biddy to do a proper job or even DIY.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • TheBigBeanTheBigBean Posts: 9,281
    I just bought one.

You need to decide whether you want one that goes in random directions or one with a fancy mapping system. The latter costs a lot more (£500+). Reviews of all of them seem to be really mixed, so on that basis I went with a really cheap one (£100) to see if we would get any use out of it. We do use it, and it does seem to pick up dust, but the randomness means that some areas get done multiple times and others not at all. Also, it gets stuck on things like the base of the breakfast bar stools.
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 15,959
    Translation: I want to buy a gadget that in 20 years time might justl have evolved into something that is about half as good as the non gadget way of achieving the same task but right now is just total utter censored but I still want it as I am deluded into thinking it will save me time which could otherwise be spent sat in front of the tv. Which one of these censored pointless gadgets should I get? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 7,202
    We have an iLife one which also mops (~£120 rings a bell). It genuinely does a good job.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • cougiecougie Posts: 22,512
    They tested some on the gadget show and they were all awful. How hard can mopping be ?
  • awaveyawavey Posts: 2,368
    but look at the fun they provide for your cats :lol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk4XB2wZqF4
  • secretsamsecretsam Posts: 4,523
    Don't know about modern ones, by ex-MrsSecretSam and I used to have one.
    It was useless.
    Get a cleaner instead.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Are you lazy to clean your own house with a vacuum cleaner? The robot vacuum don't do a good job most of the time. There's always a corner that they don't get to. Robots are not humans, robots are not your wife. I guess you don't have pets. Otherwise, you wouldn't shop for vacuum robots. They are not that powerful to vacuum the hair from the carpets, and he can't get the hair from the bed and couches. That's why you need to clean the house by yourself with a powerful vacuum cleaner, like the Shark APEX AZ1002 DuoClean. Don't let robots replace humans, otherwise soon enough the movie Terminator will become reality.
  • I will tell you one fact that not all robotic vacuum cleaners are currently relevant. It’s just that there are places in the house that he won’t be able to clean well and then he has to correct this situation himself. I want to offer you an article where you can learn all this yourself Prolux CV12000. And you will understand. that even using a central vacuum cleaner would be much better.
  • febprog1febprog1 Posts: 1
    I have said more than once that at the moment, robotic vacuum cleaners are not the best option. It is even better to use standard dust filter. All because of one problem, they have not filter dust in the air. As for me, it’s better to install a dust collector filter. So this is purely my personal opinion.
  • thistle_(mbnw)thistle_(mbnw) Posts: 3,253
    edited 29 May
    Pfft, just bought one the other day. Not the ones mentioned in the 2 posts above.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 7,321
    Thistle, I beat you to it. Married mine 24yrs ago, since added to. one's 20 and the other is 14yrs old. :D
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.