Robot vacuum cleaner

Pep
Pep Posts: 501
edited August 2019 in The cake stop
OK we are on the market for a robot vac cleaner.
Better if with mop function (or should I rather buy two robots?)

What's your experience and reccomendation?
Thanks,

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Pep wrote:
    OK we are on the market for a robot vac cleaner.
    Better if with mop function (or should I rather buy two robots?)

What's your experience and reccomendation?
    Thanks,

Better to get a domestic in as they more versatile.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    I just bought one.

You need to decide whether you want one that goes in random directions or one with a fancy mapping system. The latter costs a lot more (£500+). Reviews of all of them seem to be really mixed, so on that basis I went with a really cheap one (£100) to see if we would get any use out of it. We do use it, and it does seem to pick up dust, but the randomness means that some areas get done multiple times and others not at all. Also, it gets stuck on things like the base of the breakfast bar stools.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Translation: I want to buy a gadget that in 20 years time might justl have evolved into something that is about half as good as the non gadget way of achieving the same task but right now is just total utter sh1t but I still want it as I am deluded into thinking it will save me time which could otherwise be spent sat in front of the tv. Which one of these sh1t pointless gadgets should I get? :wink:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    We have an iLife one which also mops (~£120 rings a bell). It genuinely does a good job.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    They tested some on the gadget show and they were all awful. How hard can mopping be ?
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    but look at the fun they provide for your cats :lol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk4XB2wZqF4
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Don't know about modern ones, by ex-MrsSecretSam and I used to have one.
    It was useless.
    Get a cleaner instead.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Are you lazy to clean your own house with a vacuum cleaner? The robot vacuum don't do a good job most of the time. There's always a corner that they don't get to. Robots are not humans, robots are not your wife. I guess you don't have pets. Otherwise, you wouldn't shop for vacuum robots. They are not that powerful to vacuum the hair from the carpets, and he can't get the hair from the bed and couches. That's why you need to clean the house by yourself with a powerful vacuum cleaner, like the Shark APEX AZ1002 DuoClean. Don't let robots replace humans, otherwise soon enough the movie Terminator will become reality.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,411
    edited November 2019
  • I will tell you one fact that not all robotic vacuum cleaners are currently relevant. It’s just that there are places in the house that he won’t be able to clean well and then he has to correct this situation himself. I want to offer you an article where you can learn all this yourself Prolux CV12000. And you will understand. that even using a central vacuum cleaner would be much better.
  • febprog1
    febprog1 Posts: 1
    I have said more than once that at the moment, robotic vacuum cleaners are not the best option. It is even better to use standard dust filter. All because of one problem, they have not filter dust in the air. As for me, it’s better to install a dust collector filter. So this is purely my personal opinion.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited May 2020
    Pfft, just bought one the other day. Not the ones mentioned in the 2 posts above.
  • . Don't let robots replace humans, otherwise soon enough the movie Terminator will become reality.

I can imagine some kind of auto-pleasuring machine or sex robot. It would be called "The Masturbator". This would just jerk you off or finger your foofoo but a high end robot known as "The Sperminator" could do all sorts. There'd even be a system which stores gentleman juice and inseminates you during intercourse. You could put this function on some sort of timer or press a button to make your Sperminator fire it's load exactly when you want it, giggity.
  • thistle_
    oxoman said:

Thistle, I beat you to it. Married mine 24yrs ago, since added to. one's 20 and the other is 14yrs old. :D

I think there's definitely a case of role reversal in our household :confused: and not in a kinky way.
  • thistle_

. Don't let robots replace humans, otherwise soon enough the movie Terminator will become reality.

I can imagine some kind of auto-pleasuring machine or sex robot. It would be called "The Masturbator". This would just jerk you off or finger your foofoo but a high end robot known as "The Sperminator" could do all sorts. There'd even be a system which stores gentleman juice and inseminates you during intercourse. You could put this function on some sort of timer or press a button to make your Sperminator fire it's load exactly when you want it, giggity.
    Here you go:
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/lifelike-sex-robots-have-heartbeat-22009064
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    How does a robot vacuum cleaner cope with a flight of stairs?
  • TheBigBean

A clever one learns the map downstairs and upstairs and its owner transports it between the two. It doesn't clean the stairs.

A less clever one needs to be blocked off, so it can't fall down the stairs.
  • thistle_

A clever one learns the map downstairs and upstairs and its owner transports it between the two. It doesn't clean the stairs.

A less clever one needs to be blocked off, so it can't fall down the stairs.
    Or mine makes a map, finds where the edge is, goes straight to it, hangs over the edge and decides it's stuck and needs rescuing
  • veronese68
    Thought something like that might be the case, so you'd still need to buy a conventional one to do the stairs?
  • TheBigBean

Thought something like that might be the case, so you'd still need to buy a conventional one to do the stairs?

Yes as it will always miss bits even if you don't have stairs. Presumably you own one already though
  • thistle_
    90% of my floor is now spotletlessly clean with the robot (it goes around every day), but it doesn't do right into the corners, or the skirting boards/door frames, or the cobwebs off the ceiling, or the stairs...

So it won't replace a normal vacuum but if bits of dirt everywhere drives you mad now that you're WFH all the time and can see it, it makes life a bit easier.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    who needs one with pinno's pop-up shop just around the corner...
  • veronese68

Yes as it will always miss bits even if you don't have stairs. Presumably you own one already though
    No, don't have one. Too many flaws/floors