sungod Posts: 16,555
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

expecting another scorchio, arranged a long lunch
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, thunder, lightning , rain what a start , things can only get better
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Morning

We had the thunder and lightning about 1 am, so not had much sleep. Feels fresher outside, but weirdly still humid.
    Possibility of some running later, we'll see.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, not too much thunder that I heard here, a couple of rumbles but not enough to wake the dog. Finally getting a morning out looking at some trees for the first time in months which should be nice
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Beach, beer, pool & beer
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I to had thunder an lightning, looking at the live map looks like loads of us did.
    More needed though, rain though has done a treat had mist this morning so it'll be super humid now all day may have to escape somewhere like the coast but cars a bit broken still.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Step83 wrote:
    ...but cars a bit broken still.

Borrow the OH's car... d'oh, silly me :D .

There's a thought, has she left the spare key?

Very thunderingery and lighteningery here at about 6am ish. I'm pi$$ed off at that 'cos I would have liked to have been awake enough to watch it.
    Off pedalling when it clears.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao!
    sunshining, first coffee of the day drunk, friend has already popped round to take bambino to sailing so lovely company first thing.

weights sesh, start to get kit ready, sound out work re November away with some dudes. Bit of mentor/new medic planning to do as well, so will scratch head over that.

#minion
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    I to had thunder an lightning, looking at the live map looks like loads of us did.
    More needed though, rain though has done a treat had mist this morning so it'll be super humid now all day may have to escape somewhere like the coast but cars a bit broken still.

just smash it with a hammer, set fire to it and fling it into next door's garden using a trebuchet them buy an Abarth 595 and a RGV500 hybrid.

#vrooooooooooooooooom

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    About those Fiat Bathtub's WTF is going on with the exhaust on them they sound more meaty that my old V6
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Excellent light show last night, lasted ages until I fell asleep. Surprised to not be invaded by triffids this morning.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Thunder and lightning felt like it went on all night, but bugger all rain so the lawn is still looking like a weetabix. I feel like I got about 3 hours sleep so I'm exceedingly grumpy today.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,026
    BBQ beer and wine last night so feeling a bit delicate, site meeting earlier today so at least i didn't have to concentrate too much for the first few hours. Probably hit the gym tonight and then hit the sack and sweat out another night.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Lovely ride around Kingussie/Aviemore/Rothiemurchus loop thingy.
    It's muggy. Loads of debris on the roads and the Spey is a raging torrent.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    No storms here last night - well none that I noticed anyway. Nice warm ride in this morning but this evening may be a bit on the sweaty side. And I'll give tomorrow a miss as its going to hit 38C in The Big Smoke tomorrow - will go out for dinner instead and drink cold plonk.

Tonight may be more preoccupied with stopping junior hounds newfound pass times - digging holes in the garden and eating snails.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    'pastime'.

Someone gave you a job?!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Driving to St Petersburg on the west coast, hopefully for a spot of R&R.
    Florida is odd. Everyone is either ripped/toned or morbidly obese.
    I have started eating salads. They are still massive, but at least I'm getting fruit and veg, and they don't put fried things in.
  • hopkinb
    Oh, and if anyone understands the tipping thing, can they tell me? I'm walking around flinging singles and fives around like I'm in a strip bar. I have no idea how much, or to whom. :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    About those Fiat Bathtub's WTF is going on with the exhaust on them they sound more meaty that my old V6

smart innit? they soooo rock

the MFs test drove one and it was utter brilliant fun - joyous.

just imagine TDLW in one...

#cheapbrilliantfun

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I have started eating salads. They are still massive, but at least I'm getting fruit and veg, and they don't put fried things in.

on our way to the jungle we stopped in Houston, so went for steak.

ordered a side salad.

it was a 1/4 of an iceberg lettuce slathered in blue cheese dressing. as in a wedge shaped 1/4 of a lettuce.

#wedgeoflettuce

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Oh, and if anyone understands the tipping thing, can they tell me? I'm walking around flinging singles and fives around like I'm in a strip bar. I have no idea how much, or to whom. :roll:

its the official way of bunping up people's wages so that they break above minimum wage whilst shythead republicans can give themselves huge tax breaks while not providing healthcare for all, free school meals, college funding, investment into deprived inner city areas, etc.

either way, its only a couple of quid.

#youknowthescore

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

on our way to the jungle we stopped in Houston, so went for steak.

ordered a side salad.

it was a 1/4 of an iceberg lettuce slathered in blue cheese dressing. as in a wedge shaped 1/4 of a lettuce.

#wedgeoflettuce

So far I've been lucky then. Really good chicken salads with avocado, dressing on the side, no bacon. They put bacon in everything.
  • thistle_

#wedgeoflettuce
    Miller and Carter have that as their "thing". Would rather have some lettuce leaves.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

its the official way of bunping up people's wages so that they break above minimum wage whilst shythead republicans can give themselves huge tax breaks while not providing healthcare for all, free school meals, college funding, investment into deprived inner city areas, etc.

either way, its only a couple of quid.

#youknowthescore

I know, I dont resent giving the fcukers money, as I know they depend on it due to the fcuked up labour laws that make people effectively beg for their wages, but I don't want to under tip. For example, do I leave the room cleaner some bills? How often do I tip the valet parking guy?
  • Matthewfalle

#wedgeoflettuce
    Miller and Carter have that as their "thing". Would rather have some lettuce leaves.

miller & carter? weren't they something to do with marilyn monroe?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Evening folks, busy day here. Lounging was interrupted by going to meet a friend at the butcher’s in Panzano for lunch, very rare lump of beef was washed down with a cold beer followed by coffee and cake. Recovery from this huge exertion involved lounging by the pool. I’ll have to stop lounging and get ready for more scoff in an hour or so. No salad for me.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,546
    hopkinb wrote:
    They put bacon in everything.
    I honestly can't see the problem with that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    They put bacon in everything.
    I honestly can't see the problem with that.
    Depends whether it's that wafer thin crispy maple cured rubbish or proper meat.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    So much food, I can barely move.
  • Matthewfalle
    four colonels, two half colonels, four majors and a bag of other pips, and me, wearing my most faded scruffiest man in the army rig and a worn out pair of dessies.

#zerocares

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    So much food, I can barely move.

what did you have?