6th La Course by Le Tour de France. *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,615
    Impressive Vos. Pity Spratt.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    OK I'm waiting for the interview with Cecilie...
    Correlation is not causation.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    iainf72 wrote:

Context for you:

Tom Cary
    @tomcary_tel
    ·
    8m
    Replying to
    @petercossins
    not a good look, Pete. But also true that Vos was mobbed at finish, had done TV/podium etc And media centre a good mile from finish, meaning most reporters had already headed back to type up reports. Plus, press could ask Qs from main press centre. And men's TT under way!

Michael Hutchinson
    @Doctor_Hutch
    ·
    5m
    I've seen the finish line trailer empty for Tour stage winners as well, depending on how far away the press room is. Question is perhaps how many reporters were at the press room video link?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,221
    iainf72 wrote:

I guess that is the downside of having the race running alongside the men's race. They are all out trying to cover the 'main event' for want of a better word and many of them won't even be journos who usually cover cycling, just those on the gravy train.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    iainf72 wrote:

Don't worry, I'm sure the BBC will find a way to put a positive spin on it.

(Although they haven't managed so far with Rory McIlroy.) :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    iainf72 wrote:

Context for you:

Tom Cary
    @tomcary_tel
    ·
    8m
    Replying to
    @petercossins
    not a good look, Pete. But also true that Vos was mobbed at finish, had done TV/podium etc And media centre a good mile from finish, meaning most reporters had already headed back to type up reports. Plus, press could ask Qs from main press centre. And men's TT under way!

Michael Hutchinson
    @Doctor_Hutch
    ·
    5m
    I've seen the finish line trailer empty for Tour stage winners as well, depending on how far away the press room is. Question is perhaps how many reporters were at the press room video link?

Well I look forward to seeing it as empty for the mens stage winners then cos surely all the same contextual reasons will apply n'est ce pas ?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    awavey wrote:
    Well I look forward to seeing it as empty for the mens stage winners then cos surely all the same contextual reasons will apply n'est ce pas ?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
    I think Pross has nailed it in his post.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Pross wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

I guess that is the downside of having the race running alongside the men's race. They are all out trying to cover the 'main event' for want of a better word and many of them won't even be journos who usually cover cycling, just those on the gravy train.

They were all out having lunch at some tiny bistro somewhere if any of those behind le tour articles are anything to go by how journalists cover the stages, and will pop up to cover the last 30mins,safe in the knowledge anything major they missed will be covered on line somewhere.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    awavey wrote:

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
    I think Pross has nailed it in his post.

Agreed. I think that's it in one.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    awavey wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

They were all out having lunch at some tiny bistro somewhere if any of those behind le tour articles are anything to go by how journalists cover the stages, and will pop up to cover the last 30mins,safe in the knowledge anything major they missed will be covered on line somewhere.
    Although in this case it is a TT stage with the start and finish in the same place.

My guess is that many of them missed La Course to rewrite last year's articles about how disgraceful it is that there's no Women's Tour de France. It often seems to me that half the coverage of women's sport is complaining about the lack of profile of women's sport.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • flite
    flite Posts: 219
    Thank you for the report underlayunderlay. Just caught up having not been able to watch the TV coverage.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Although in this case it is a TT stage with the start and finish in the same place.

My guess is that many of them missed La Course to rewrite last year's articles about how disgraceful it is that there's no Women's Tour de France. It often seems to me that half the coverage of women's sport is complaining about the lack of profile of women's sport.

^This.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Thinking back on this, I really enjoyed it. Proper silly racing.