friday with many fiddly things

2»

Comments

• I guess I had what could have been viewed as a mid life crisis when I was 40 when I bought a Porsche Boxster S and then after that a 911. But really it was just that I'd always wanted a Porsche and it was only at around 40 I could afford one.

Now, I could buy pretty much any car(within reason, not Bulgatti etc) but don't really feel the need, the itch has been scratched. There are still times I contemplate buying another Boxster just as a fun summer car, keeping the others for more practical use but it's hard to justify.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,603
    I guess I had what could have been viewed as a mid life crisis when I was 40 when I bought a Porsche Boxster S and then after that a 911. But really it was just that I'd always wanted a Porsche and it was only at around 40 I could afford one.

Now, I could buy pretty much any car(within reason, not Bulgatti etc) but don't really feel the need, the itch has been scratched. There are still times I contemplate buying another Boxster just as a fun summer car, keeping the others for more practical use but it's hard to justify.
    Sounds like you need to have another mid-life crisis. You'll start itching again eventually - I did.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Step83 wrote:
    Sounds like a great day out!

News from Silverstone is there is no news its all very dull, an cloudy.

thats not news, thats just Silverstone as it is :lol: its the only place Ive ever been where it can be a heatwave in the rest of the country and you are freezing cold there, plus it always rains at least once
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    oxoman wrote:
    Hayden, just get one of these preferably the road legal version. Nearest thing to a road legal F1 car apparently.
    https://www.arielmotor.co.uk/used/used/
    You made need to remortgage the house though.

I could probably 'afford' the lower end of those but the OH will murder me, and I'd have to stop buying other ridiculous things. The glorious thing about a Ford engined kit car is that if I spend less than £10k I'll still spend less on cars than her so she can't argue...

Apologies for continuing the Friday thread on a Monday.