How long does it take to get used to single-side clipless pedals? Is it worth it?

13»

Comments

• bungle73
    bungle73 Posts: 758
    I took the bike out again, and this time fared much better, with only a few times where I had difficulty clipping in. At the A road I opted to dismount and use a nearby pelican crossing to get to the far side.
    keef66 wrote:
    These days a bike with drop bars is far more likely to be dubbed road, sportive, endurance, adventure, touring, fitness, leisure, gravel etc etc. CX, track and TT bikes often don't use the term race despite the fact that's what they are for.

Most of those are just different categories of road bike. "Endurance" and "sportive" are the same thing. TT bikes don't need to be called "race bikes", because a bike designed for time trials is going to be raced by definition.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,689
    OP should ask Merlin.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    orraloon wrote:
    OP should ask Merlin.

:lol::lol: RM has already been mentioned too but it slipped undewr the (bike)radar.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    watch out for the allez headset problem if you tsake it out in the rain or wash it.
  • bungle73
    watch out for the allez headset problem if you tsake it out in the rain or wash it.

Somebody else warned me about that in another thread. What exactly is the problem and why does it occur? Does it affect all Allez models?
  • darkhairedlord
    Bungle73 wrote:

Somebody else warned me about that in another thread. What exactly is the problem and why does it occur? Does it affect all Allez models?

Proprietary headset, no one else makes one. They don't last long.
  • darrell1967
    darrell1967 Posts: 470
    Bungle73 wrote:

As in the headset on a Specialized Allez?
  • darkhairedlord
    Bungle73 wrote:

As in the headset on a Specialized Allez?
    Whatever
  • darrell1967
    Someone got out of bed the wrong side.
  • darkhairedlord
    Allez sprint headset issues are well documented.
  • darrell1967
    I didn’t know that. I’ve got a 2017 Allez Elite but I thought the frames were all identical.
  • bungle73
    I didn’t know that. I’ve got a 2017 Allez Elite but I thought the frames were all identical.

No. The Sprint is the aero, ultra-race orientated, ultra-stiff Allez frame, with full carbon S-Works fork and carbon aero S-Works seat post.
  • darkhairedlord
    Bungle73 wrote:

No. The Sprint is the aero, ultra-race orientated, ultra-stiff Allez frame, with full carbon S-Works fork and carbon aero S-Works seat post.
    Ideal for touring.
  • bungle73
    Bungle73 wrote:

Ideal for touring.

?????
  • darrell1967
    Just googled the Specialized. Nice looking bike.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bungle73 wrote:

Ideal for touring.
    :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.