TDF 2019: Stage 4, Reims > Nancy 09/07/2019 - 213,5 km *Spoilers*

124»

Comments

• ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Kristoff's lead out went way too early, kicked so hard and then died a thousand deaths. Sagan and Ewan didn't even look like they really got going, that looked really hard
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Wonder if someone had a quiet word with Viviani after the Giro and told him to stop trying to be so bloody clever?
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Viv looks like Greipel when shouting
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    mamil314 wrote:
    Viv looks like Greipel when shouting

Yes! Exactly what i thought
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    It was his aerodynamic schnoz what won it.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Alejandrosdog
    he was more than a nose ahead there though :)
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Sure, but if that nose was put in a wind tunnel and the correct angle of attack attained. We could be talking metres!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    FocusZing wrote:
    Sure, but if that nose was put in a wind tunnel and the correct angle of attack attained. We could be talking metres!

The next evolution in marginal gains.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Alejandrosdog
    FocusZing wrote:

The next evolution in marginal gains.

maybe even take off!
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1148641715479359488

Pierre-luc Perichon's crash today. It's not as though there weren't enough warning from the rest of the peloton and marshals to avoid the road divisions. He's alright thankfully.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    Decent sprint in hindsight
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    FocusZing wrote:
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1148641715479359488

Pierre-luc Perichon's crash today. It's not as though there weren't enough warning from the rest of the peloton and marshals to avoid the road divisions. He's alright thankfully.

What a bizarre place for someone to leave some children's soft play equipment.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Big fan of Richeze's lead out work
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,717
    Decent sprint in hindsight

Yes was very good actually.

Fair fight, technical, everyone was in it.

Groenewegen is suffering from the crash he says.

Bit worried about him, seems more down than usual.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    A question re. breaks: I know teams will say to certain riders, we want you to try and get in the break tomorrow. But do DS's ever ......
    Backaert said after today's stage that in the Wanty team the DS doesn't say to riders 'we want you to try and get in the break tomorrow', but that they draw straws, and whoever pulls the short one is tasked with getting in the break.
    Backaert then joked that Offredo was also in the break today because last night the DS put two short straws in the pot they drew from.
    Offredo, however, denied he pulled a short straw, saying he hadn't planned at all to be in the break today, “but all of a sudden, I was“.
  • rick_chasey
    edited July 2019
    Blazing, tonight’s avondetappen is a classic.

Multiple detailed sprint breakdowns, a classical piece inspired by the Tour, interviews with lead out guys on whether they like to hinder rivals when they’re done and being blasted by the speakers of a projection light show the locals are playing in the (rather beautiful) square they’ve camped in.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    knedlicky wrote:
    A question re. breaks: I know teams will say to certain riders, we want you to try and get in the break tomorrow. But do DS's ever ......
    Backaert said after today's stage that in the Wanty team the DS doesn't say to riders 'we want you to try and get in the break tomorrow', but that they draw straws, and whoever pulls the short one is tasked with getting in the break.
    Backaert then joked that Offredo was also in the break today because last night the DS put two short straws in the pot they drew from.
    Offredo, however, denied he pulled a short straw, saying he hadn't planned at all to be in the break today, “but all of a sudden, I was“.

That's an absolutely belting story, fantastic
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,436

Multiple detailed sprint breakdowns, a classical piece inspired by the Tour, interviews with lead out guys on whether they like to hinder rivals when they’re done and being blasted by the speakers of a projection light show the locals are playing in the (rather beautiful) square they’ve camped in.

Well, what's the news in that respect?
  • rick_chasey

Well, what's the news in that respect?

Within reason (ie so it’s not unsafe) most do.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    was it just me or did you just assume Adam Blythe has a pair of red and white stripey trousers to go with that shirt today :lol:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812

Going to watch it, right now. :)

......the Jumbo boys body language quite telling.
    Viviani's English getting a serious work out from both Vive and Avond, last night.

Bram Welten's smug mug.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.