Purchasing A Road

2»

Comments

• mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Has anyone here ridden on the Silk Road?
  • I'm pretty sure I smoked a Silk Cut back in my youth.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Is it possible to get a silk cut.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    More details of your road are needed to see if it's the right road for you.

And pictures would be useful too.
    No pictures, it doesn't exist!
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    laurentian wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:
    I have a short private road (well, a drive really!) that has some wear. Can anyone advise what standard of stone I should be using to repair? It's concrete by the way.

What would a suitable upgrade be?
    Coal. It's got to be carbon.

Just don't understand this modern obsession with carbon. Standard gravel or planings are perfectly adequate for most real world uses and often just as light or lighter than coal (depending on the modulus of the coal) and can be just as aero. Get on your road and enjoy it - don't worry about what other people think
    Standard gravel? That's just marketing hype. We used to call it roughstuff back in the day and thought nothing of it!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,156
    laurentian wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:
    I have a short private road (well, a drive really!) that has some wear. Can anyone advise what standard of stone I should be using to repair? It's concrete by the way.

Just don't understand this modern obsession with carbon. Standard gravel or planings are perfectly adequate for most real world uses and often just as light or lighter than coal (depending on the modulus of the coal) and can be just as aero. Get on your road and enjoy it - don't worry about what other people think
    Standard gravel? That's just marketing hype. We used to call it roughstuff back in the day and thought nothing of it!
    But surfaces have to be graded and named, as specifically as possible.
    How else are the marketing bods going to sell new bikes?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    laurentian wrote:
    mrfpb wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:

Neither are as authentic as Strade Bianche, though. Those Italians know their stones.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    That would be Dolomite, then?!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Me-109 wrote:
    That would be Dolomite, then?!
    Triumph
  • Manglier wrote:
    Coke (and I don't mean the fizzy pop) has got to be better than coal surely?

Perhaps better left for white lining??
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    My advice when purchasing a road - make sure you get one with threaded man hole covers - some of the newer ones have those press fit man hole covers - there are a nightmare !
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    I actually already own a road, so there

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • gary_sparrow
    gary_sparrow Posts: 181
    A black road walks into a bar , sits next to an orange road . Orange road looks angry. Barman says to the black road . Be careful lad he’s a cyclepath