thursday callin' from the fun house with my song

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    A 2.0T apparently.

The V6 'Griffin' engine is a converted Diesel Isuzu job with wet liners.
    Prone to head gasket failures/over heating.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Pinno wrote:
    Some of us have high regard for the NHS Hoppy.
    Too fookin' right!!!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170

is that the v6 2.3 twin turbo?

2.0t, they are quite happy taking silly power if you update them. Did have a V6 for a couple of months but it broke itself (diff failed after it was serviced by them) so it went back under warranty got a refund as it was taking so long to source parts bought an A6 AWD flogged that after fixing it up an got the eco panzer.

The V6 was a good car just very expensive to run. Didn't realise they were messed about diesel lumps though
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:

is that the v6 2.3 twin turbo?

2.0t, they are quite happy taking silly power if you update them. Did have a V6 for a couple of months but it broke itself (diff failed after it was serviced by them) so it went back under warranty got a refund as it was taking so long to source parts bought an A6 AWD flogged that after fixing it up an got the eco panzer.

The V6 was a good car just very expensive to run. Didn't realise they were messed about diesel lumps though

I was an " away from buying a SAAB V6 Griffin.
    Vendor told me that it was cheap because the engine needed looking at. The rest of the car was fine.
    So I called County SAAB and got all the gen from a mechanic.
    Given all the other marques have owned, the mechanic was so helpful and informative in comparison.

I guess the dealer was quiet...
    Pity about SAAB. If only they made the move to rear wheel drive cars.
  • step83
    It is, the XWD system was semi rear wheel drive it shunted most of the power to the back wheels initially then the diff did the rest. I know somewhere in the US someone has shoehorned a dodge V10 in an made it rear wheel drive.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    It is, the XWD system was semi rear wheel drive it shunted most of the power to the back wheels initially then the diff did the rest. I know somewhere in the US someone has shoehorned a dodge V10 in an made it rear wheel drive.

My point was more that SAAB could have easily competed in the executive car bracket with BMW, Merc, Audi etc had they not been front wheel drive.
    What %age of production was XWD?
  • step83
    Thats a good point, I believe the XWD range was from mid 2000's. If they had then yes it would have been a better competitor. GM could have slotted it into the more premium car range than Vauxhall/Opel.

That an the stupid amount of safety in them, that and GM and Saab arguments where GM told them to do X an Saab just went off an made Y.

Glimmer of hope though, NEVS is slowly gathering pace, seems to be a China/Swedish venture.

NEVS-stand.jpg