Giro 2019, Stage 18: Valdaora/Olang-Santa Maria Di Sala 222km *Spoliers*

13»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,768
    ShutupJens wrote:
    I'd suggest he is a disgruntled local rather than a cycling fan.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    I don't think I have found myself shouting at the highlights quite so loudly*.
    If anyone deserved that win it was Cima.

*Odd when you think about it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FDJ messed that up royally.
    They gave Bora et al no help whatsoever to bring back the break, seemingly comfortable to nullify the finish and hang onto the jersey... Only to suddenly decide in the last KM to start riding, the result of which was solely giving Ackermann juuust enough of a leadout to take second (and the jersey) with Demare nowhere to be seen :? :? :?

Exciting stage though. Goes to show that you can't necessarily write off a stage based on the profile alone. An easy day for the GC and a short stage tomorrow should hopefully lead to some excitement too.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,847
    Stage 19 thread?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Stage 19 thread?

Done.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,847
    Stage 19 thread?

Done.
    cheers
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,340
    FDJ messed that up royally.
    They gave Bora et al no help whatsoever to bring back the break, seemingly comfortable to nullify the finish and hang onto the jersey... Only to suddenly decide in the last KM to start riding, the result of which was solely giving Ackermann juuust enough of a leadout to take second (and the jersey) with Demare nowhere to be seen :? :? :?

Exciting stage though. Goes to show that you can't necessarily write off a stage based on the profile alone. An easy day for the GC and a short stage tomorrow should hopefully lead to some excitement too.

Tired legs and a miscalculation made for a great flat(ish) stage*. Makes one think that race radio needs to stop.

*A rare thing indeed.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!