bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Well I'm glad I didnt watch the whole stage, but this last bit has been OK
  • The last 40km was good to watch.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    edited May 2019
    bobmcstuff wrote:

It was dire. I actually fell asleep during the first two climbs. If it wasn't for the bike change and crashes, much ado about very, very little.
    39 seconds shipped by Roglic, on wrong bike.
    Maybe the UCI will neutralize it for him? :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,845
    Roglic is falling apart. They all know they can drop him now.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    bobmcstuff wrote:

It was dire. I actually fell asleep during the first two climbs. If it wasn't for the bike change and crashes, much ado about very, very little.
    39 seconds shipped by Roglic, on wrong bike.
    Maybe the UCI will neutralize it for him? :P
    was he on a wrong sized bike?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    edited May 2019

I don't know how you can draw that conclusion from today.
    He did far better than Van Garderen, when he was in a similar situation and he had a bunch of team mates in support.
    was he on a wrong sized bike?

It's not just the size though is it.
  • mididoctors
    Who is going to win the giro?
  • peteco
    peteco Posts: 184
    Yes, Roglic had to take a team mate’s bike and no time to change as the race hotted up.

Pete
  • mididoctors

I don't know how you can draw that conclusion from today.
    He did far better than Van Garderen, when he was in a similar situation and he had a bunch of team mates in support.

He did but that's a low bar
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    B S: I come from Ivrea and I haven't spotted a single inaccuracy in your description... chapeau... :-)
    left the forum March 2023
  • mididoctors
    peteco wrote:
    Yes, Roglic had to take a team mate’s bike and no time to change as the race hotted up.

Pete
    surprised one of his team was close enough
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725

I'd be happy for any of the main contenders to win it, apart from Nibali. He's just a scrote.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • blazing_saddles
    B S: I come from Ivrea and I haven't spotted a single inaccuracy in your description... chapeau... :-)

giphy.gif
  • mididoctors
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I'd be happy for any of the main contenders to win it, apart from Nibali. He's just a scrote.
    can't say he is my favourite human being either. But who will win?
  • blazing_saddles
    Brad Wiggins laying into the Jumbo management and Addy Engels in particular.
    "Roglic's management team will have been in his ear like a lorry load of monkeys going down the motorway." :lol:
    Adam Blythe nicely explaining how much of an issue the different bike would have been on that descent.
    Now waxing lyrical over Nibali.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

can't say he is my favourite human being either. But who will win?

Carapaz. Looking strong.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • mididoctors
    Scott and Yates are total loose cannons now. Going to attack all the way to Verona. Opens the racing up.
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    If anyone saw TJVG's attempt to ride his team mates bike it's hardly surprising.

I have seen TJvG riding his own bike and he struggled to hold on...........
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    If anyone saw TJVG's attempt to ride his team mates bike it's hardly surprising.

I have seen TJvG riding his own bike and he struggled to hold on...........

The bike TJvG swapped to had the brakes reversed, apparently. Which is a tiny bit worse than having the wrong geometry or a slightly bad fit, I reckon.

As for Roglic, while a chunk of his time can be put down to mechanical, it did seem a little easy to ride away from him on the climb before that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,248
    Nibali trains on those roads every day, so today an attack was expected... he knows how to descend these roads like no other.

We'll see what happens up the Mortirolo, if you can't open up a gap there, then it's game over
    left the forum March 2023
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    "Roglic's management team will have been in his ear like a lorry load of monkeys going down the motorway." :lol:
    Adam Blythe nicely explaining how much of an issue the different bike would have been on that descent.
    Apparently at the moment Roglic had a mechanical the DS had stopped for a p1ss
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:

And the bike Roglic swapped onto had broken derailleur apparently.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • blazing_saddles
    Rich's and Iain's snippets both here:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/raci ... lia-425123
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,534

Been impressed by what I've seen of Blythe.

Wiggins looked uncomfortable yesterday responding to a Tweet they read out and discussed about Roglic being a wheelsucker happy to hang on up the climbs and take time in the time trials!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Pross wrote:

I've been more impressed by what I've heard than seen. What I've seen has been a series of fashion crimes.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

. Good grief.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851

So Tolhoek had to borrow a bike from Movistar to continue after the swop...penalty time?
    Half man, Half bike
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

. Good grief.

That's not my reading of the report. I think it was Roglic's original bike that had a (shifter/deraillier?) problem, the bike he got worked fine...
    Half man, Half bike
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    RichN95 wrote:
    Pross wrote:

I've been more impressed by what I've heard than seen. What I've seen has been a series of fashion crimes.

Was thinking the same, that shirt yesterday :shock:
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,004
    Ridgerider wrote:

So Tolhoek had to borrow a bike from Movistar to continue after the swop...penalty time?

I found that very surprising. Why would Movi help Roglic’s team?