Giro 2019, Stage 13: Pinerolo - Ceresole Reale (Lago Serrù) 196 km *Spoilers*

13»

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    Ouuuffff gotta hurt
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    RichN95 wrote:
    Is landa putting any meaningful time into the leaders on the road?
    80 seconds so far

Ah I turned on just as the mechanical took place so missed how far he was back More recently seems to have come down from what was hover at 1.20 to now 1m

Also maybe Zakarin's not Nieve!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,531
    What a climb.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    Are any sharks venomous?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    landa coming up for 2 mins ahead of Roglic group
  • shirley_basso
    Alpecin will be delighted with that win
  • rick_chasey
    Oh man they are swinging at the top.
  • shirley_basso
    Looks like Roglic and Nibali have a gentleman's agreement?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    Carapaz almost caught Landa without once seeing him on camera.
    Ominous.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Carapaz almost caught Landa without once seeing him on camera.
    Ominous.

Altitude factor?
  • mididoctors
    I don't think I could hang on too the peloton on that stage
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    Roglic and nibali looked pretty nailed.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    Fantastic. That was like a sportive, people just slogging away solo in their own world of pain.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    Is anyone likely to want to make tomorrow just as tough?
  • rick_chasey
    Monster climb. They were all swinging. Really enjoyed that from what I could see
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,442
    wonderfully ham-fisted shark anecdote from Hatch there

Carlton-esque

I thought he was going a bit Kirby today too with 'Superman Lopez' every few minutes.
  • mididoctors
    Are any sharks venomous?
    the pilchard of messina rode canny but didn't have it
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Alpecin will be delighted with that win
    Nothing a bit of photoshopping won't sort out...
    Half man, Half bike
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    So Yates done for GC then.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mididoctors
    Gweeds wrote:
    So Yates done for GC then.
    . Yep. The GC is a bit topsy turvy. Who gets on the podium is a bit unclear . A lot of riders could reach the third step that's for sure.
  • mididoctors
    Zakarin and mollema deserve credit for having the balls to go down the road. Zakarin held station on time fairly well on that climb against the chasers. May go further than expected.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I have a feeling Nibali is going to win this thing... looking very very smooth.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    RichN95 wrote:
    Makes for good copy. Has roglic got a big finish in his legs. He looked a tad stronger than nibali. I would just follow who ever is second on GC if I was roglic.
    Which is zakarin now
  • mididoctors
    Landa still has a lot to do
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,731
    Bad day for Roglic though if he really was as strong as he looked. He's lost time to a number of rivals - given his lack of strong domestiques the last thing he wants is for the GC to be tight and the racing to be chaotic. He wants them to be marking each other for positions on the GC rather than feeling they can win the race.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Lovely climb that. Riders all over the place. Yates, last year overcooked, this year undercooked?

Looks like it's building to a pretty interesting GC battle. If the rest of the Jumbo team don't get their finger out I fear for Roglic.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Very enjoyable stage that. My man Sivakov takes the lead in the young rider competition with a gutsy ride.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet