thursday in the jungle with a shortwave, insects everywhere

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    nice link - watched the first ten mins, will watch the rest over a glass of vin blanc at home.grazie!

i really like the Alfa, its just convincing TDV - I think its very much a bloke's car wereas the Maserati is just very pretty.

panzer looks very good fun. dangerous on the licence though.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Just did the TT route in ~36 kph. Plenty of room for improvement once you remove the cars, I do a bit of training, take all the shyte out of my pockets and I work out the pacing. I had plenty left at the end. Plus the veet and goggles.

#naked
    #smooth
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    nice link - watched the first ten mins, will watch the rest over a glass of vin blanc at home.grazie!

i really like the Alfa, its just convincing TDV - I think its very much a bloke's car wereas the Maserati is just very pretty.

panzer looks very good fun. dangerous on the licence though.....
    I'm lovin' it. Self restraint is a bit of a problem; if I used all of the potential on the road I'd get locked up. On the plus side, even a trip to the supermarket is a fun event.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    hopkinb wrote:
    Just did the TT route in ~36 kph. Plenty of room for improvement once you remove the cars, I do a bit of training, take all the shyte out of my pockets and I work out the pacing. I had plenty left at the end. Plus the veet and goggles.

#naked
    #smooth
    When is it?
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    When is it?
    A month. Sun 16th.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    #Jealous

Makes me miss my old Saab V6 estate room for a double bed in the back, was often called the hearse, big black with tints cream leather interior (mmmm) made angry noises most of the time with its twin exit cat back system. Really miss it but literally ate fuel, 15mpg on a good day.

The DieselPanzerPassat is a whole heap slower, smaller less comfy but way cheaper to run

we've had it since nearly new - ex demonstrator with 2,000 miles on the clock. now done 57,000 and has never missed a beat - 100% japanese reliable. Full leather, etc, etc.

boring as hell until you start to play then gets a shift on to burn off chavs/bankers whilst carrying the world in the boot and two bikes on the roof.

bounces off the limiter at 7500 whilst sounding funky with Radio 4 on.

the hound has eaten the middle rear seat belt & reversing sensors. never going to sell it as its so useful and worth bugger all.

#versatile

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    When is it?
    A month. Sun 16th.
    Bugger the day after the welsh trail Marathon :(, would have been a giggle
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,548
    hopkinb wrote:
    Do I want the Cannondale supersix evo with Etap? Do I? I don't think I do. I think I want a "best bike", and as it will only be taken out when it's dry and not dealing with London traffic in sideways sleet in February, I'm indifferent between disc and rim brakes.

A Cannondale supersix doesn't sound "best" enough for a best bike though.

I'm going to keep my current bike because I love it, but I think I should also get a tatty looking singlespeed for sh!ts, giggles and leaving outside the pub/shop.

I think the problem is that I fail to find anything wrong with my current bike (apart from the fact I have to use clip on mudguards when it's wet and I need a longer stem), so until such time as the frame explodes from all the weight, or all the powaaaahhhh shatters the bb shell, I feel I would be betraying it if I bought another bike.

Also, hilarious photos from the sportive I did at the weekend are on the internetz, taken in the twisty bit they set up in Coventry. Fat bloke doing a crit pulling a serious face. :lol:
    oh ffs, etap is lovely, ride it year round, even if ice is forming, in fact ice accumulating in low pressure areas of the bike adds to the lulz

mudguards? criminy they're ugly, just no, no, and thrice no

life's too short to worry about weather
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Do I want the Cannondale supersix evo with Etap? Do I? I don't think I do. I think I want a "best bike", and as it will only be taken out when it's dry and not dealing with London traffic in sideways sleet in February, I'm indifferent between disc and rim brakes.

I'm going to keep my current bike because I love it, but I think I should also get a tatty looking singlespeed for sh!ts, giggles and leaving outside the pub/shop.

I think the problem is that I fail to find anything wrong with my current bike (apart from the fact I have to use clip on mudguards when it's wet and I need a longer stem), so until such time as the frame explodes from all the weight, or all the powaaaahhhh shatters the bb shell, I feel I would be betraying it if I bought another bike.

Also, hilarious photos from the sportive I did at the weekend are on the internetz, taken in the twisty bit they set up in Coventry. Fat bloke doing a crit pulling a serious face. :lol:
    oh ffs, etap is lovely, ride it year round, even if ice is forming, in fact ice accumulating in low pressure areas of the bike adds to the lulz

Plus potato re mudguards - own a set, been in the garage for three years and never fitted them
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    Skinsuit and pointy hat will get you up to 40.
    #aero
    #slippy
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    #aero
    #slippy

h3 doesn't need a skinsuit if he has veeted properly

#smoothfortheladies

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Plus potato re mudguards - own a set, been in the garage for three years and never fitted them

this - mudguards ard for clubbies & amateurs

#mudguardssuck

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_

#smoothfortheladies
    Good point. He won't get anyone drafting him either like that.
    #fullmoon
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I could join in, I have a semi TT lid (Lazar Z1 with an aeroshell) an some Sagan goggles, more speedy clearly.

Matt,
    Mine was a bit worn shall we say snags in the seats had to rip out the factory stereo lots of fudging to keep it alive. Still went like a stuck pig when the turbo spooled up an a very loud turbo spoolup dump an exhaust when you stomped it. perfectly pleasant if you were pootling.
    Gah makes me want one again!
  • Matthewfalle

#smoothfortheladies
    Good point. He won't get anyone drafting him either like that.
    #fullmoon

#sunshine

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited May 2019
    Step83 wrote:
    I could join in, I have a semi TT lid (Lazar Z1 with an aeroshell) an some Sagan goggles, more speedy clearly.

!

i'm almost tempted to suggest we all turn up at the same event and race as a team with H3 leading all his domestiques (us) to victory.

if we do it it in old london town we can also not only annoy a bunch of clubbies we don't know but also Richard, Ugo et al.

#weshallbevictorious
    #joy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    #aero
    #slippy
    I'm in the road bike category. I can do the suit, not the hat. Limited to 50mm wheels, which I have.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    #aero
    #slippy
    I'm in the road bike category. I can do the suit, not the hat. Limited to 50mm wheels, which I have.

aero road hat like my Uvex?

#greyarea
    #hat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

It's not the etap. I want the etap. It's the 'dale I'm unsure about. Most 'dales are synapses with 3 ft of spacers under the stem. Something exotic.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

#naked
    #smooth
    #aero
    #slippy

aero road hat like my Uvex?

#greyarea
    #hat

Aero road hats are ok. No visors, no pointy. Well, I can have them, but they'll put me in the TT category. Where i will come last.
  • Matthewfalle
    aero road hat it is. or a normal hat with fablon over the top.

#hat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    I only have a road bike with shallow rims, so I could just take off the clip on aero bars and wear my giro hex :D
  • hopkinb
    Come down, join in, show me how it's done! Bracketeer flash mob. We can go round V68's for muffins after.
  • hopkinb

#hat
    I have a giro synthe. Meant to be aero.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

It's not the etap. I want the etap. It's the 'dale I'm unsure about. Most 'dales are synapses with 3 ft of spacers under the stem. Something exotic.

stuff getting a Synapse.

how about joining the S3 club? or go full out and get a Basso?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

#hat
    I have a giro synthe. Meant to be aero.

hmmmm.. looks like you may be reaching the limits of the rules.

slammed i presume? negative longer syem with saddle all the way forward?

#slammed
    #ninainalabcoat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Aero hat, veet, thong. Sorted. You might get some followers :wink: Just don't ride over Clapham Common on the way home.

SKS mudguard on my winter bike 'cos it keeps my back dry and the crud off the transmission (a bit).
    I used to clean my bikes so that they were always squeaky clean, now I cba, just want them to work.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Oi, don' be dissin' Synapses. Jest sayin' like.
  • Matthewfalle
    shoe covers?
    arm thinhs (but if you are Veeting properly you won't have this issue)
    aero gloves/Veeyed hand?
    etc

#smootheverywhere

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:
    Oi, don' be dissin' Synapses. Jest sayin' like.

when we get old enough to have one then we'll join your gang. until then we'll do young people's shyyyt like not take our teeth out at night and comb our hair

#teeth
    #hair

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.