Seemingly trivial things that intrigue you

Comments

• N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,049

a) Look, I saw the curtains shuffle and her head in the window when Rod was singing.

Are you sure it wasn't just a draft? ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,205

b) doesn't worry me, she's been an asset via tourism. I like her, she stayed out of politics to the best of her ability and has done a good job representing the UK.

President Liz.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Nah, that sh!t doesn't wash with me.
    At least Charles could be potentially interesting whether you agree with his politics or not.

But I do agree, she's 9 frikkin 6 and shouldn't be subjected to an ageing diva (she was brilliant) and should be in bed after Ovaltine at 9pm.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,417
    rjsterry said:

Windsor is very much the first home by about 700 years. Buckingham Palace is the second home and second hand.

Typical rich Londoner, crash pad in the city before returning to weekend at the country estate.
  • Pross

Who could blame her for taking one look at that line up and deciding to call in sick?

There were certainly a few that should probably have called it a day at the golden jubilee. It was good to see crowds back enjoying themselves though after a couple of shitty years.

I still think someone at the BBC was having a joke giving Celeste awards to see if it would lead to her getting booked for everything.
  • pinno
    Who da fuk is 'Celeste'?
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 8,066
    edited June 2022
    Singer
  • Pross

Singer

Allegedly
  • focuszing723
    Pross said:

Singer

Allegedly
    I haven't really listened to her music, I assume she's no flat six.
  • pinno
    Who da fuk is 'Celeste'?

Pross said:

Singer

Allegedly
    I haven't really listened to her music, I assume she's no flat six.
    Is she a two stroke?
  • focuszing723
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE3sTF3oj6w
    Not my bag, but a good, powerful voice in this track.
  • focuszing723
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8FBjo1Y8I
    And for me one of the best female vocalists.

Her guitar, her song and her voice.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Pross said:

She's in Windsor. Bloody typical wealthy Londoner disappearing off to a second home in the country and making it impossible for locals to buy houses. Surprised she hasn't got a pad in Padstow or Salcombe as well.

She gave Cornwall to her son
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    edited June 2022
    Which one? The one who’s under investigation for cash-for-honours or the sweatless nonce?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,377

Pross said:

She's in Windsor. Bloody typical wealthy Londoner disappearing off to a second home in the country and making it impossible for locals to buy houses. Surprised she hasn't got a pad in Padstow or Salcombe as well.

She didn't; that was Edward III. Charles just inherited it as the eldest son of the monarch.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    rjsterry said:

Pross said:

She didn't; that was Edward III. Charles just inherited it as the eldest son of the monarch.
    And you are happy with my explanation with regards Salcombe?
  • Pross

rjsterry said:

Pross said:

No, it's in Devon not Cornwall.
  • rjsterry
    edited June 2022

Which one? The one who’s under investigation for cash-for-honours or the sweatless nonce?

rjsterry said:

Pross said:

It's a title. And the Duchy of Cornwall is a privately owned estate, some of which is in Cornwall, but is distributed across Southern Britain.

I don't think HM has a house on any of it. Hers are in Norfolk and Scotland.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Pross
    I had to pick my daughter up after a college trip in the early hours of this morning so was driving around 2.00-3.00am. I expected there to be virtually no traffic other than HGVs on the motorway and maybe the odd taxi but there was actually a pretty constant stream of private cars on the motorway and even on the more minor roads and residential areas I was seeing cars on a steady basis. It made me wonder where people are driving at that time of day as it would be mid-shift for night workers and I doubt many people drive home from a club on a Thursday night.

The other thing I noticed was the amount of houses with lights left on over night, obviously not got concerns over rising energy prices. Right opposite my daughter's college there are several blocks of flats (old council housing, presumably now housing association) that all had the stairwells lit up. You would think they would be looking to save money and reduce emissions, I'm sure they could have switches on timers and some sort of system where the lighting comes on if a fire alarm goes off.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 20,063
    Pross said:

I had to pick my daughter up after a college trip in the early hours of this morning so was driving around 2.00-3.00am. I expected there to be virtually no traffic other than HGVs on the motorway and maybe the odd taxi but there was actually a pretty constant stream of private cars on the motorway and even on the more minor roads and residential areas I was seeing cars on a steady basis. It made me wonder where people are driving at that time of day as it would be mid-shift for night workers and I doubt many people drive home from a club on a Thursday night.

The other thing I noticed was the amount of houses with lights left on over night, obviously not got concerns over rising energy prices. Right opposite my daughter's college there are several blocks of flats (old council housing, presumably now housing association) that all had the stairwells lit up. You would think they would be looking to save money and reduce emissions, I'm sure they could have switches on timers and some sort of system where the lighting comes on if a fire alarm goes off.

In 13 years of 5am drives to work, twice I made the 12-mile journey (both Bank Holidays) without seeing a single vehicle, including six miles of dual carriageway and three miles of the M5. Other than that, there always seem to be people, who aren't herdsmen (as far as I know), moving around.
  • rjsterry
    Pross said:

There is a whole category of research into whether having building services centrally controlled or via individual users produces better results. Generally things work better when people have direct control over their environment.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• pinno
    rjsterry said:

Pross said:

There is a whole category of research into whether having building services centrally controlled or via individual users produces better results. Generally things work better when people have direct control over their environment.
    There's auto light systems.
  • Pross
    rjsterry said:

Pross said:

Having lights on all night seems to be the worst of all worlds.
  • rjsterry
    pinno said:

rjsterry said:

Pross said:

There's auto light systems.
    The lighting is the easy bit.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,227
    Got a call from the letting agents of this rented property I'm outta by end of month. They had new tenant lined up, subject to references. Fail. 5 (five) undeclared CCJs. WTF did he / she / it think would happen? Not my prob of course. But means they want to schedule viewings next week, in the midst of my Big Move Out. Enjoy seeing boxes, items etc stacked Everywhere. Again, not my prob.

New world order beckoning.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,998
    orraloon said:

Got a call from the letting agents of this rented property I'm outta by end of month. They had new tenant lined up, subject to references. Fail. 5 (five) undeclared CCJs. WTF did he / she / it think would happen? Not my prob of course. But means they want to schedule viewings next week, in the midst of my Big Move Out. Enjoy seeing boxes, items etc stacked Everywhere. Again, not my prob.

What new world order? The meek? Didn't someone contest the will?
  • pinno

orraloon said:

He had too much wine that night and he meant to say that the 'geeks' shall inherit the earth.
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,049
    edited June 2022
    pinno said:

orraloon said:

He had too much wine that night and he meant to say that the 'geeks' shall inherit the earth.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • focuszing723
    Has anyone here found the meaning of life?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,783

Has anyone here found the meaning of life?

You're not confident that it is Elon Musk?