thursday proved to be non-abelian

2»

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    To combat neds in Glasgow, air rifles fall under shotgun licences in Scotland. It's total bullshit, especially seeing as I have spotted Grey squirrels in the area recently...
    Why only Glasgow?

Clearly as you can see from his next post....although you would not have seen it before you wrote yours...

Let me start again. Because they are 'Neds' in Glasgow and 'Chavs' in the other cities.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,600
    Lagrange wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    To combat neds in Glasgow, air rifles fall under shotgun licences in Scotland. It's total bullshit, especially seeing as I have spotted Grey squirrels in the area recently...
    Why only Glasgow?

Clearly as you can see from his next post....although you would not have seen it before you wrote yours...

Let me start again. Because they are 'Neds' in Glasgow and 'Chavs' in the other cities.
    OK, so Glasgow has a special type of chav - they should twin it with Middlesbrough.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    From my own personal experience, Middlesbrough has it's own unique type of Chav.
    Many of them drive in cars, 4 or 5 up because most of the cars require pushing for a bump start and often refer to you as 'gadgy'. You will offend them if you have never heard of 'Soft Mick'.
    Whereas in Weegie land, you're referred to as 'pal'. This simple 3 letter word can be uttered as a friendly all the way through the spectrum to something on the verge of spontaneous violence towards you.
    Due to their tribal tendencies: blue or green and white hoops, I always say that "I am Buddhist, in case of accidence, call a Lama" when frequenting the place and asked which colours I prefer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!