sungod Posts: 16,556
edited May 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

medium ride, followed by bask, may go pineapple hunting
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• adrianb1066
    adrianb1066 Posts: 66
    Son and heirs school closed due to local elections so off to Bedgebury Forest. He’s 6 and this will be his first non-bmx off-road adventure. Fingers crossed for the weather & safe return :D
    2010 Specialized FSRxc
    2011 Giant Defy 4
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    WFH - still tired after last weeks fun run, maybe due to having a social week this week!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Morning
    Tried to get my brakes wet and muddy this morning to clean them but failed despite the rain last night.
    No elections here, doesn't seem to be any at work either.
    Might go to Llandegla after work, should be some wet and filth up there.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Too tired to ride this morning, plotting losing some kids in a deep cave and looking at knives on the internet today.

#RIPA18
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Looks like inlaws are visiting in the summer.
    I have a choice to not be here or buy a shot gun. Perhaps I should buy the shotgun and pay someone to use it and not be here.
    Weather has gone cold and it's drizzling. That piddled on grass cutting and/or cycling chips from the off.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Are you any good with that cross bow HD?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Pinno wrote:
    Looks like inlaws are visiting in the summer.
    I have a choice to not be here or buy a shot gun. Perhaps I should buy the shotgun and pay someone to use it and not be here.
    Weather has gone cold and it's drizzling. That piddled on grass cutting and/or cycling chips from the off.

Laters.

Buy me a shotgun and I'll take out my pent up anger on any 'inlaws'.

Morning all, office day again, downloading a new mapping programme and getting totally lost as usual, ironic.

I've decided to ditch my highland adventure this weekend and drive down to Gloucester to ride bikes and get hammered with a mate of mine. Biggest ride planned for monday, afterwhich I have to drive home...
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    Buy me a shotgun and I'll take out my pent up anger on any 'inlaws'.

That's a very kind offer but i'll let you know if HD doesn't want an adventure holiday with cross bow activities.
    I'm hoping he can tap into his inner Scouse :wink:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    All this conspiring to commit GBH or more with various forms of weaponry? On a public forum? I'm shocked I tell 'ee.

First intensive blast ride for a while this morning, rather than pub crawling pootling. Xxxx me that hurt. I'm out of condition. I blame too much gym bunny ogling. At least I planned it well so had the rather helpful tailwind all the way home.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I have an air rifle if that helps, its 0.22 caliber get some heavy grain in etc. Not sure what percentage Scouse that is mind, could be more Camdenese, actually that would be knives but what ho!

Morningish, dodging local politics coming to work yelling random things at them in German worked wonders they decided I wasn't their target audience so left me alone.
    Pleasant out though the clouds rolling in hiding the glowing heat orb in the sky. forgot lunch so need to locate something shortly
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Son and heirs school closed due to local elections so off to Bedgebury Forest. He’s 6 and this will be his first non-bmx off-road adventure. Fingers crossed for the weather & safe return :D
    Bedge is safe as you can get, if you've not been before the 'red' run is probably a blue at best. See if you can spot the 'bomb hole' on the way round and persuade him to roll in :)

Afternoon wasters,

No local elections here as we're in London and must have had one recently. Either that or they forgot to send our postal voting cards. So a normal day at work dealing with idiots and un-cooperative natives. Pedal tomorrow as I'm feeling a bit lardy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Afternoon folks,
    High time I tucked into my sarnies I think. Another busy day here, no surprises. We've got a couple of septics arriving from head office tomorrow so might have to take them to a pub at some point. I know one of them and he's alright, no idea about the other.
    Bizarrely I have no desire to murderise anyone to death at the moment so am no use to Piña, not dealing with customers has worked wonders.
    Out to see a band tonight, will probably have a couple of beers as well. Ears may be ringing tomorrow.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Old man used to have a competition-grade air pistol, which was astonishingly accurate at up to about 15 metres maximum. Lots of fun perforating the neighbour's flower pots when I was a kid...

Cardiologist review this morning, what a cheerful bloke. Not. Had agreed to go help a friend this arvo to assemble a flat-pack bed thing she'd ordered online, expecting a cuppa tea, a half hour's work and a chat. Three and a half hours later had the b@st*ard assembled and in place. :x That was without a single mistake too, just a billion bits to screw together.

Must try riding a bike again some day. What's it like?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    To combat neds in Glasgow, air rifles fall under shotgun licences in Scotland. It's total bullshit, especially seeing as I have spotted Grey squirrels in the area recently...
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    To combat neds in Glasgow, air rifles fall under shotgun licences in Scotland. It's total bullshit, especially seeing as I have spotted Grey squirrels in the area recently...
    Why only Glasgow?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Why only Glasgow?

Well, every other town and city in Scotland where chavs cause antisocial behaviour with air rifles I guess, Glasgow spung to mind as the worst but I have no stats for that. Considering the level of gun ownership and rural population in the rest of Scotland I'm surprised they have gone down that route when the rest of the UK hasnt
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Been posting on too many serious threads today so thought i'd come over here for some low brow conversation!

Voted earlier - not that it'll make any difference where i live but can't complain about stuff if i don't vote and I do like to complain!

Costco were in my office today so decided to sign up, not sure if i'll use it much but there is one near me and apparently does the cheapest petrol in the UK so will be good for that and enormous tins of beans if nothing else.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just pumped up the tires on the cx bike after a day of running around like a headless chicken.

may have a beer later.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    just pumped up the tires on the cx bike after a day of running around like a headless chicken.

may have a beer later.
    While watching The Blues?
  • orraloon
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Costco were in my office today so decided to sign up, not sure if i'll use it much but there is one near me and apparently does the cheapest petrol in the UK so will be good for that and enormous tins of beans if nothing else.
    Their fresh foods are good. And beef etc have full trace codings on the packs.

Their full round Brie is wunnerful, at £7-8 per kilo, really good.
  • Stevo_666
    Theres a Costco a few miles from us - perfectly located in its target customer area in Croydon :)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Can't argue with brie at 7-8 a kilo. Leave it till it's runny.
    I'm off to Oslo next week, then Barcelona the following weekend, then Dusseldorf the week after. Glamour.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm off to Oslo next week, then Barcelona the following weekend, then Dusseldorf the week after. Glamour.

remember to send pics of norks

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Found some mud, brakes now work.
    Noticed the other pads are wearing out a bit but I'll leave that until Monday.

No shotguns or air rifles spotted around here, or wheels of cheese unless you count the ones on my bike.
  • orraloon
    hopkinb wrote:
    Can't argue with brie at 7-8 a kilo. Leave it till it's runny.
    Just looking at one now. They actually put a timetable on it where based on a 'use by date' they tell you when it will be 'young, mild and semisoft' or 'soft & buttery' or 'full flavour & creamy'. I love it. And never ever does this Brie have that f awful immature centre strip like wot one can suffer from da supermarket slices.
  • pinno
    Must try riding a bike again some day. What's it like?

Quite fun really, I started slow.
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Been posting on too many serious threads today so thought i'd come over here for some low brow conversation!

It's that good?!

I'm off for a moan.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I'm off for a moan.
    Why have a dog and bark yourself?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

may have a beer later.
    While watching The Blues?

don't do murdochvision so the arze on french tv ici.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    My ears are ringing.

who are they ringing? is it a PPI man?