Ardennes Classics 2019 *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,631
    Lol stream dead 800 to go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Never in doubt
  • mididoctors
    Alphalippe Vs fulsang .. the rivalry continues
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Well that was rather inevitable
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,142
    Two things never cease to surprise me on this race. First, just how long the final 500m 'sprint' takes and second the amount of riders who go far too early every year.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,698
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Well that was rather inevitable

Well, apart from the amazing Fuglsang being right up his bottom, maybe.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    How old are those sealions? I think that enclosure is too small. Triggers my internal animal welfare officer
  • fleshtuxedo
    Pross wrote:
    Two things never cease to surprise me on this race. First, just how long the final 500m 'sprint' takes and second the amount of riders who go far too early every year.

LOL yes watching Poels lead out Kwia right from the bottom of the climb makes you wonder about Sky's thinking.
  • mididoctors
    Pross wrote:

Yes someone always goes too early
  • fleshtuxedo
    Valverde outside top 10. Surprising.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,026
    Alphalippe Vs fulsang .. the rivalry continues

Head & shoulders above the rest, eh?

LBL should be fun...
  • blazing_saddles
    Pross wrote:

Yes someone always goes too early

It's called doing a Tim Wellens.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,134
    With all the recent hype about another new classics rider, Bjorg Lambrecht seems to have been overlooked.

He turned 22 earlier this month and has been 5th at Brabantse, 6th at Amstel and now 4th in Fleche
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    RichN95 wrote:
    With all the recent hype about another new classics rider, Bjorg Lambrecht seems to have been overlooked.

He turned 22 earlier this month and has been 5th at Brabantse, 6th at Amstel and now 4th in Fleche

I picked him for a season long fantasy game and already he's almost into profit.

Talking of which, Jakob Fuglsang has already just about equaled his entire CQ total for last year, breaking the 1000 points barrier in April. Only bettered by one rider.........Julian Alaphillipe. (MvdP 3rd)
    Biggest riser though is Bert Bettiol: 1033rd last year, currently in the unlucky for some spot, 13th.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,076
    Fair play to Fuglsang - I think he surprised Alaphillippe too.
  • Pross
    Pross wrote:

LOL yes watching Poels lead out Kwia right from the bottom of the climb makes you wonder about Sky's thinking.

I was surprised that Kwia was the one to make the mistake this year, I thought he'd be glued to Alaphillipe's wheel. That said, Fuglsang did almost pull it off going long and Kwia was obviously nowhere near his level today.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,144
    Going long was definitely right for Fuglsang, and only lost by under half a wheel after nearly getting put into the barriers.

There's no way he can match Alaphilippe if he waits for a sprint, but if he gets a gap he can put decent power out - maybe for a longer effort than Alaphilippe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Kirby was on absolute top form there wasn't he? Don't often bother but decided to give him a listen today. The stuff that comes out of his mouth never ceases to amaze
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,543
    He appeared to be watching a different race

Rob Hatch seems determined to over-pronounce foreign names and words more as each day passes mind.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ShutupJens
    Kirby was on absolute top form there wasn't he? Don't often bother but decided to give him a listen today. The stuff that comes out of his mouth never ceases to amaze
  • Pross
    ShutupJens wrote:

I switched on with 18k to go and for a few minutes he seemed OK up until a motorbike went to overtake and freaked him out after which he was worse than ever!
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Well I enjoyed that. Anaphilipe is cracking but I can’t warm to him, he looks like rat boy
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Gweeds wrote:
    He appeared to be watching a different race

Rob Hatch seems determined to over-pronounce foreign names and words more as each day passes mind.
    I don't understand how Kirby manages to sound like he's watching his first ever bike race, every single race.
  • gweeds
    And earns money doing it!!
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ShutupJens wrote:

Is his new saying "he's about to/ or about to be tagged" he must have said it 20 times today. I don't recall him using it before if he did it wasn't as frequent.
  • blazing_saddles
    Once I'd heard Kirby's voice, I just stuck with Sporza. Less is more............much, much more. :)
  • gweeds
    Sagan out of LBL. Says he’s taking time to prepare for TOC.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Gweeds wrote:
    Based on recent performance he would never really have been in it anyway :(
  • ShutupJens
    Gweeds wrote:
    Based on recent performance he would never really have been in it anyway :(

Yeah could have said that after Roubaix. Smart decision, hope to see him back to his normal self come summer time!
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,249
    Gweeds wrote:

In the spirit of the forum I'll start the ball rolling

'he's finished !!