m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Is Carlos Betancur the pregnant one in this analogy? :wink:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    To be fair Viviani did come back and congratulate Alaphillipe
    Did you see that from the helicopter shot? Because the same one I saw had Viviani grip him with an overly hardy handshake followed by a very pursed lip congratulations. Much like you might congratulate your ex (who you’re still in love with) and her new fella, when they announce they’re pregnant...
    No, ground level camera , proper round the neck hug ( whether he meant it I have no idea).
  • inseine
    "The first plan was to do the sprint for Elia, but it wasn't an easy day and in the final Elia asked me if I wanted to do the sprint.‘
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    That did look like a very odd sprint, with the numbers that QS had so close to the end. Sagan was well out of position, sitting 2nd wheel very early, felt pretty underwhelming to be honest! On the back of this race so far, is there a clear favourite for MSR?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    Basically the leadout was so strong.
  • rick_chasey
    ShutupJens wrote:
    That did look like a very odd sprint, with the numbers that QS had so close to the end. Sagan was well out of position, sitting 2nd wheel very early, felt pretty underwhelming to be honest! On the back of this race so far, is there a clear favourite for MSR?

Groenewegen & Bennet no?

They’re the form sprinters.

Of the non sprinters you’d say Alaphilippe
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    ShutupJens wrote:

Groenewegen & Bennet no?

Groenewegen?
    Not on the evidence of his "climbing" in P-N.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • rick_chasey
    Fair.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,602
    inseine wrote:
    "The first plan was to do the sprint for Elia, but it wasn't an easy day and in the final Elia asked me if I wanted to do the sprint.‘

Watching Elia's reaction at the finish, I really believe that :lol:
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928
    inseine wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    To be fair Viviani did come back and congratulate Alaphillipe
    Did you see that from the helicopter shot? Because the same one I saw had Viviani grip him with an overly hardy handshake followed by a very pursed lip congratulations. Much like you might congratulate your ex (who you’re still in love with) and her new fella, when they announce they’re pregnant...
    No, ground level camera , proper round the neck hug ( whether he meant it I have no idea).

.... whilst whispering in his ear....
    "You do know I am Italian, right? You know of the mafia, right? Well if you ever do that to me again, you will will be getting a visit, right?"
    :D
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Yates loses the GC by a single second to Roglic.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inseine
    Campenaerts looking good for the hour record
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Fuglsang pointing out that they've put the wrong logo on the jersey

D2CD6hYWsAEJdlJ.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,928
    Hah!
    They had to give him a blank one instead.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Ha that's brilliant. Good finish, the coverage added to the suspense - live time gaps meant that you could see the 25 seconds slipping away but having a clock saying to win he needs to get to the line in x amount of seconds was enthralling. Gutting as you saw the double zero, 10 metres in it