Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

saturday security threat level 5

sungodsungod Posts: 13,210
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

careful ride to see how whatever i injured last week is recovering, cafe stops, more pineapple

later shall be heading off with mrs s for bubbly and hols and bubbly, chin chin

hmm, 10911, may hold that one
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,851
    Morning SG. Work beckons. New cassette and roof bars on there way, OH wasn't impressed when I turned up like a drowned rat last night when I got home from work. Some git failed to mention sleet and temperature just above freezing around my ride home time, luckily well equipped but still wet. Glad Hayden,s safe, he's still mad to do that ride in March. Enjoy the wkend.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,890
    Today is a Hayden approved day, well bar the long run in a minute, it’s cycle over to my folks and 2-3 round trips of 50 miles hauling wood in my old chaps transit.

    Later is out with friends for a birthday meal in a nice resturant - I think we will spoil a lot of people’s romantic meals
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,619
    Morning
    Bike ride to the garage in a bit to recover the car, but looks like I'll be on the mtb again because it's lashing it down.
    Other half wants to go and see captain marvel this afternoon, which apparently means I have to go as well. My eyes feel like this as it is :shock: without watching more stuff on a screen.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    Ho humph, woe is me. Trying to get toots and Mrs P shipped out so I can get some peace and do something inane.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,903
    I’m just on the train into London with friends, going to get smashed and avoid buying expensive watches. Still feel a bit groggy but that’s probably because I essentially missed a nights sleep. Unfortunately I’m with three northerners who have nothing other than north related comments to make about southerners. I have to keep reminding them that Bristol is a much nicer place than Basildon, and Hull for that matter ;)
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,851
    Anywhere is better than hull.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was had. This was followed by the excitement of a trip to Sainsbury’s for some scoff. Now a combination of pottering interspersed with bouts of idleness. Currently on the idleness part of the rotation.
    Is Hopper back on the booze? That’s nearly as daft as HM’s trip if not. Should we hashtag Hcubed?
    They don’t say it’s grim up Norff for nothing HM. I’m sure they’ll find plenty to moan about though. Have fun.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,619
    Rode to the garage, downhill and stonking tailwind. Car not fixed, the parts haven't event arrived. They've had it since Wednesday FFS. Wasn't planning on the slog home uphill and into a headwind, but at least the rain's held off.

    I bought an SSD last week for my PC but needed an adaptor to bolt it in and do a proper job. That required taking all the bits out of the PC to get the thing in. All's well now though.

    Got out of going to the cinema. Might go and rig up the hose and wash some bikes, or do it in the shower :D
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    haydenm wrote:
    I’m just on the train into London with friends, going to get smashed and avoid buying expensive watches. Still feel a bit groggy but that’s probably because I essentially missed a nights sleep. Unfortunately I’m with three northerners who have nothing other than north related comments to make about southerners. I have to keep reminding them that Bristol is a much nicer place than Basildon, and Hull for that matter ;)
    Buy an expensive watch, life's too short to tell the time with a censored one.

    Busy as **** day started with a full English with the local crew and then turned into a job fest. Having a half hour coffee stop in the local caff then off out with Stropteen for her daily driving practice, how thrilling.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboowebboo Posts: 3,139
    oxoman wrote:
    Anywhere is better than hull.
    Grimsby or Scunthorpe for example :(
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,073
    After a breezy walk on Wimbledon Common with the dog, I went up to that London for a mooch with mini. Chinatown, South bank, Regent Street. I didn't spot any small tree shouters who looked like they'd slept in a ditch, but London is a big place.

    Gave a homeless girl 20 quid and lunch at McDonald's, she can't have been older than 16. We had a bit of a chat. Fcken world we live in.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,009
    hopkinb wrote:
    Gave a homeless girl 20 quid and lunch at McDonald's, she can't have been older than 16. We had a bit of a chat. Fcken world we live in.
    Pinno's disguises are quite convincing.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,788
    hopkinb wrote:
    After a breezy walk on Wimbledon Common with the dog, I went up to that London for a mooch with mini. Chinatown, South bank, Regent Street. I didn't spot any small tree shouters who looked like they'd slept in a ditch, but London is a big place.

    Gave a homeless girl 20 quid and lunch at McDonald's, she can't have been older than 16. We had a bit of a chat. Fcken world we live in.

    Was she surprised when you refused the BJ?
    The assumption being that you refused.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,073
    I was with my daughter.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    hopkinb wrote:
    I didn't spot any small tree shouters who looked like they'd slept in a ditch, but London is a big place.

    Gave a homeless girl 20 quid and lunch at McDonald's, she can't have been older than 16. We had a bit of a chat. Fcken world we live in.

    Good on you H.

    Yes, the miserable short tree agitator didn't think to perhaps meet up with you, Stevo and VN :roll:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    [probably a wise move given your combined alcohol capacity]
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao!

    bloody long day instructing and not a fit bird in sight. knackered.

    drank gin. caused argument with kingrollo. going to bed.

    ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    ciao!

    bloody long day instructing and not a fit bird in sight. knackered.

    drank gin. caused argument with kingrollo. going to bed.

    ciao

    Goodnight.

    #signuptoEdwynsselfdefenceclasses.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,446 Lives Here
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was with my daughter.
    Seems like that wouldn't have stopped friend of Bally.
    Isn't shouting at small trees a form of bullying, surely a person should pick on a tree of their own size.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,208
    veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was with my daughter.
    Seems like that wouldn't have stopped friend of Bally.
    Isn't shouting at small trees a form of bullying, surely a person should pick on a tree of their own size.

    Do you actually think that I learnt proper grammar?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 5,003
    pinno wrote:
    veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was with my daughter.
    Seems like that wouldn't have stopped friend of Bally.
    Isn't shouting at small trees a form of bullying, surely a person should pick on a tree of their own size.

    Do you actually think that I learnt proper grammar?
    Evidence to date would suggest you may have skipped a few classes... :D
    Open O-1.0 Open One+ BMC TE29 Titus Racer X Ti Giant MCM One Cannondale Prophet Lefty Cannondale Super V SL Cove Handjob Cervelo RS
Sign In or Register to comment.