saturday security threat level 5

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited March 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

careful ride to see how whatever i injured last week is recovering, cafe stops, more pineapple

later shall be heading off with mrs s for bubbly and hols and bubbly, chin chin

hmm, 10911, may hold that one
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is a Hayden approved day, well bar the long run in a minute, it’s cycle over to my folks and 2-3 round trips of 50 miles hauling wood in my old chaps transit.

Later is out with friends for a birthday meal in a nice resturant - I think we will spoil a lot of people’s romantic meals
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Bike ride to the garage in a bit to recover the car, but looks like I'll be on the mtb again because it's lashing it down.
    Other half wants to go and see captain marvel this afternoon, which apparently means I have to go as well. My eyes feel like this as it is :shock: without watching more stuff on a screen.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Ho humph, woe is me. Trying to get toots and Mrs P shipped out so I can get some peace and do something inane.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I’m just on the train into London with friends, going to get smashed and avoid buying expensive watches. Still feel a bit groggy but that’s probably because I essentially missed a nights sleep. Unfortunately I’m with three northerners who have nothing other than north related comments to make about southerners. I have to keep reminding them that Bristol is a much nicer place than Basildon, and Hull for that matter ;)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was had. This was followed by the excitement of a trip to Sainsbury’s for some scoff. Now a combination of pottering interspersed with bouts of idleness. Currently on the idleness part of the rotation.
    Is Hopper back on the booze? That’s nearly as daft as HM’s trip if not. Should we hashtag Hcubed?
    They don’t say it’s grim up Norff for nothing HM. I’m sure they’ll find plenty to moan about though. Have fun.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Rode to the garage, downhill and stonking tailwind. Car not fixed, the parts haven't event arrived. They've had it since Wednesday FFS. Wasn't planning on the slog home uphill and into a headwind, but at least the rain's held off.

I bought an SSD last week for my PC but needed an adaptor to bolt it in and do a proper job. That required taking all the bits out of the PC to get the thing in. All's well now though.

Got out of going to the cinema. Might go and rig up the hose and wash some bikes, or do it in the shower :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    HaydenM wrote:
    I’m just on the train into London with friends, going to get smashed and avoid buying expensive watches. Still feel a bit groggy but that’s probably because I essentially missed a nights sleep. Unfortunately I’m with three northerners who have nothing other than north related comments to make about southerners. I have to keep reminding them that Bristol is a much nicer place than Basildon, and Hull for that matter ;)
    Buy an expensive watch, life's too short to tell the time with a crap one.

Busy as **** day started with a full English with the local crew and then turned into a job fest. Having a half hour coffee stop in the local caff then off out with Stropteen for her daily driving practice, how thrilling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    oxoman wrote:
    Anywhere is better than hull.
    Grimsby or Scunthorpe for example :(
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    After a breezy walk on Wimbledon Common with the dog, I went up to that London for a mooch with mini. Chinatown, South bank, Regent Street. I didn't spot any small tree shouters who looked like they'd slept in a ditch, but London is a big place.

Gave a homeless girl 20 quid and lunch at McDonald's, she can't have been older than 16. We had a bit of a chat. Fcken world we live in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    hopkinb wrote:
    Gave a homeless girl 20 quid and lunch at McDonald's, she can't have been older than 16. We had a bit of a chat. Fcken world we live in.
    Pinno's disguises are quite convincing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    hopkinb wrote:
    After a breezy walk on Wimbledon Common with the dog, I went up to that London for a mooch with mini. Chinatown, South bank, Regent Street. I didn't spot any small tree shouters who looked like they'd slept in a ditch, but London is a big place.

Was she surprised when you refused the BJ?
    The assumption being that you refused.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I was with my daughter.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I didn't spot any small tree shouters who looked like they'd slept in a ditch, but London is a big place.

Good on you H.

Yes, the miserable short tree agitator didn't think to perhaps meet up with you, Stevo and VN :roll:
  • pinno
    [probably a wise move given your combined alcohol capacity]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao!

bloody long day instructing and not a fit bird in sight. knackered.

drank gin. caused argument with kingrollo. going to bed.

ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ciao!

bloody long day instructing and not a fit bird in sight. knackered.

drank gin. caused argument with kingrollo. going to bed.

ciao

Goodnight.

#signuptoEdwynsselfdefenceclasses.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was with my daughter.
    Seems like that wouldn't have stopped friend of Bally.
    Isn't shouting at small trees a form of bullying, surely a person should pick on a tree of their own size.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was with my daughter.
    Isn't shouting at small trees a form of bullying, surely a person should pick on a tree of their own size.

Do you actually think that I learnt proper grammar?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I was with my daughter.

Do you actually think that I learnt proper grammar?
    Evidence to date would suggest you may have skipped a few classes... :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS