Tuesday, and Happy New Year

2»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Europe every time. Been to Barbados a couple of times (I know Atlantic not Caribbean). Cost wise, 3 trips to Europe or 1 to Barbados. No brainer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    I agree with Bally! Europe is on our doorstep* and it offers everything.

(I've told those Brexiteers often).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Europe every time unless visiting pals

Today ended up being a party at ours - wasn’t planned especially as out of 13 attendees i’m the only one working tomorrow :(
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nice one spinner. Better than the gloomy grey London suburbs.
    Early ish start. Walked dog. The day stretches ahead like a big yawn.
    Mrs H3 will want to watch Luther later.

She has spent the last few days on BA'a website looking for this year's summer holiday. Looks like she wants to go to Florida and Mexico/Jamaica. I really don't want to go to Florida.

we went to antigua a couple of yers ago and rented a villa 2 mins drive from the (alleged) nicest beach on the island.

absolutely bloody lovely.

can send you details if you want.

Thanks. She's insane when it comes to holiday planning. Apparently Florida is essential. I'd rather boil my balls in treacle. In my mind it's for taxi drivers/builders what done good, or where blue rinsed Americans go to die/play golf. I'm not sure why I have to fly 9 hours either, when southern Europe in July is hot and sunny.

this was ours in Antigua - absolutely lovely.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-renta ... r=carousel

perfect position, silent, completely private, 2 mins from gorgeous beach, 10 mins from local shops.

set over two levels - we would beach it until lunch, grab something then head back and swimming pool it until late. loads of room on the verandahs for board games and chilling with late night g & ts while the bambini snored a thousand dreams of sun kissed holidays.

very recommended.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TLW1 wrote:

Today ended up being a party at ours - wasn’t planned especially as out of 13 attendees i’m the only one working tomorrow :(

keys in fruit bowl time?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Nice one spinner. Better than the gloomy grey London suburbs.
    Early ish start. Walked dog. The day stretches ahead like a big yawn.
    Mrs H3 will want to watch Luther later.

She has spent the last few days on BA'a website looking for this year's summer holiday. Looks like she wants to go to Florida and Mexico/Jamaica. I really don't want to go to Florida.

we went to antigua a couple of yers ago and rented a villa 2 mins drive from the (alleged) nicest beach on the island.

absolutely bloody lovely.

can send you details if you want.

Thanks. She's insane when it comes to holiday planning. Apparently Florida is essential. I'd rather boil my balls in treacle. In my mind it's for taxi drivers/builders what done good, or where blue rinsed Americans go to die/play golf. I'm not sure why I have to fly 9 hours either, when southern Europe in July is hot and sunny.

this was ours in Antigua - absolutely lovely.

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-renta ... r=carousel

perfect position, silent, completely private, 2 mins from gorgeous beach, 10 mins from local shops.

set over two levels - we would beach it until lunch, grab something then head back and swimming pool it until late. loads of room on the verandahs for board games and chilling with late night g & ts while the bambini snored a thousand dreams of sun kissed holidays.

very recommended.

Thanks. Looks amazing. She is still obsessing over Florida. :roll:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I have checked out, and responding to everything with monosyllabic grunts.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    TLW1 wrote:

keys in fruit bowl time?
    Options were limited so didn’t suggest