What’s everyone Drinking the Xmas- New year?

124»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    or do you mean that you have 9 that need root canals?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Drank a white stout last night. Smells like stout, looks like lager. Mild headfuck in a glass. Tasted good at least.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Drank a white stout last night. Smells like stout, looks like lager. Mild headfuck in a glass. Tasted good at least.
    I remember visiting Switzerland about 100 years ago and being served a white wine.

Except it was a red, minus the colour. Bizarre.

Been drinking a proper white this evening, a Kiwi Savvy Blanc. Squealing Pig. Odd name, but good wine.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Pinno wrote:
    Hot Toddy's. a sauna, a bucket of French onion soup and some Cocaine. That'll sort ya.
    Swap the last for speed. Cheaper the better. Blast it through the system. Can’t fault the first half of the prescription though.
    Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Pinno will have a look though.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I remember visiting Switzerland about 100 years ago and being served a white wine.

Except it was a red, minus the colour. Bizarre.

Been drinking a proper white this evening, a Kiwi Savvy Blanc. Squealing Pig. Odd name, but good wine.
    White stouts, black IPA, pale dubbels, dark tripels...weird how much we drink with our eyes, isn’t it?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Lucan wrote:
    Tea, tea and more tea.
    An occasional diet coke.
    Protein shakes.
    That is all.
    I thank you.

well that sounds like a bundle of fun.

It's fine. I don't like or need alcoholic beverages. I just don't see the point.

well you sound like a bundle of fun.

Is that because you can only be fun if it's alcohol induced? Sounds a bit sad.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Going to the strugglers for a couple of pints of Oakham ales, it’s called Citra a lovely pint, come to think of it, it could be 3 or 4 pints
    Oakham Citra. Luvverly.

Tonight is G&T so far, with looming a Hommelbier, large of course, some rather chirpy Argentian Malbec with a finalé of one or more of the box of the Twelve Drams of Christmas I was given, wee samplers of 12 different malts, ok one bourbon inserted in there for some reason, but hey.

And yes Lucan we can have fun without alcohol but also with it. Balance, you see.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    That Guinness with lunch made me feel cack, so I'm back on the water.

Might get on that dark web, get me some cheap speed like what bbg sez. Last time I had speed was 1995, I was up for 3 days, and then ill for a week. No, that's a lie, I got some base off Errol in the Albany a couple of years after that, utterly lethal.
  • I think I am walking away now. You know it will hurt and where to get it. That’ll do.
    Talking of drinking beer, I had couple today downwind of a small brewery. There is nothing better than having a beer whilst inhaling beer steam. Enhances the flavour no end. Must do some more brewing.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    That Guinness with lunch made me feel cack, so I'm back on the water.

Might get on that dark web, get me some cheap speed like what bbg sez. Last time I had speed was 1995, I was up for 3 days, and then ill for a week. No, that's a lie, I got some base off Errol in the Albany a couple of years after that, utterly lethal.

dodgy vietnamese opium.

now that was one way to feel like utter shit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Lucan2 wrote:
    Lucan wrote:
    Tea, tea and more tea.
    An occasional diet coke.
    Protein shakes.
    That is all.
    I thank you.

well that sounds like a bundle of fun.

It's fine. I don't like or need alcoholic beverages. I just don't see the point.

well you sound like a bundle of fun.

Is that because you can only be fun if it's alcohol induced? Sounds a bit sad.

no but its nice to have a nice glass of wine with a nice meal as opposed to a cup of tea.

its good to see your response proved the fun factor.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Pinno wrote:
    Hot Toddy's. a sauna, a bucket of French onion soup and some Cocaine. That'll sort ya.
    Swap the last for speed. Cheaper the better. Blast it through the system. Can’t fault the first half of the prescription though.

As I say: I'm not a gynaecologist but i'll have a bloody good look.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

As I say: I'm not a gynaecologist but i'll have a bloody good look.
    Nice one Mr P.
    I’ve dealt with plenty of see you next tuesdays in my time here on this rock what hurtles around the sun.
    Someone else’s turn.
    Sorry hopkin, I really did not mean the above to mean you. Get well soon, and forget about this den of filth.
    Pinno, shame on you. Look what you made me say in the edit :(
    Ecrasez l’infame