Disappeared threads

13»

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Tongue in cheek posts were also classed as trolling and bans issued - people who were fun and knowledgeable and experienced just left.

that was the problem.

I am not sure that was the problem. You are the living example that those who were banned found their way back and there was more traffic then than there is now, so nobody was put off by heavy handed moderation (I wish some did).

Was the heavy handed moderation necessary? It depends which side of the rules you want to support. Rules were ignored and bypassed by default, even after several warnings... in other words people were taking the wee-wee... you can ignore or ban. We chose to ban

With Future there was more enphasis to make sure the content was acceptable (ie not liable for it) with Immediate the focus switched, liability for the content was no longer an issue. Deleting those threads seems half a step back, which I do welcome, others don't, but as you say we are different and come from different backgrounds.

I am glad you enjoyed Veronese's moderation, I suggested his name when I left, becasue I know him as a moderate person. In fairness, I don't think he ever got the moderating tools that "my generation" had.

Were we good moderators? No, but I have seen worse... I have seen people verbally abused and humiliated on other forums and even after several reports, no action was ever taken, which I think is worse moderation... but again, different backgrounds and maybe you prefer that. Maybe you value the bully over the bullied

Finally, bear in mind 90% of the job, the one that you don't value or fail to recognise, was simply keeping the thing functioning, like cleaning all the threads that want to sell fake passports every morning. At the time it was us moderators doing it... and for those above who think that "it has got worse" maybe it's only because they see it more, at the time it was a daily routine... coffee, log in, delete spam

Ugo, my dear Ugo.

As we all remember rightly, you threw a tantrum a couple of months ago and called everyone luddites and unappreciative because no one replied to your thread about about repairing your alarm clock instead of buying a new one.

We are sure that there are forii that will discuss this stuff but it seems that BR isn't one of them.

this doesn't make BR a bad place, just different from club and audax and CTC sites which all the MFs presume will be more appreciative. The MFs aren't interested in audaxing or communting, so don't comment and certainly wouldn't moderate on the same and I would expect someone like you not to head down to BB or certain topics in Cake Stop (eg Donald Trump) to moderate.

A moderator has to appreciate different people and cannot impose their will and viewpoint on a forum - just because they don't like/understand/follow/are not interested in something doesn't mean that it is wrong and that the mod should take action.

that is the difference between a good moderator and what this place had when it was you, RC and some others.

mods must learn to bend like a reed by maintain firm roots.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Fora or forums.

You may be mistaking forii forae which is not the plural in this case.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: