Power Zones vs. Heart Rate Zones

2»

Comments

• bvduck
    bvduck Posts: 44
    Imposter wrote:
    Surely anyone serious enough to already be racing or training to any kind of objective would already understand where their weaknesses were. And if they didn't, they would begin to appreciate those weaknesses a few laps into their first race...

Well, for less experienced riders, it can certainly be an eye opener. But we also have elite athletes using the test. In many cases, it validates what they always suspected. In others, it's a surprise. Once you know, though, if you want to build on those strengths or address those weaknesses, you need to have workouts that are calibrated to your full capabilities. That's where 4DP comes in.
    David McQuillen, Chief Suffering Officer
    http://www.thesufferfest.com
    @thesufferfest
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    No amount of subscription based services will make any difference to donkeys.
    I know, I'm a donkey who keeps paying for race licences and race fees to get the buzz of racing but very very little glory.
    If you hold ambitions to be less of a donkey, then good luck to you but try not to believe all the hyperbole that surrounds the industry of training and fitness.
    An online service is never going to sit you down and say, 'mate, it's not going to happen for you...

At my age , I'm just happy to still be able to pin on a race number.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    JGSI wrote:
    I know, I'm a donkey who keeps paying for race licences and race fees to get the buzz of racing but very very little glory.
    If you hold ambitions to be less of a donkey, then good luck to you but try not to believe all the hyperbole that surrounds the industry of training and fitness.
    An online service is never going to sit you down and say, 'mate, it's not going to happen for you...

:D Sound ethics and mind set. Couldn't agree more. I'm happy to get upstairs and remember what I went up there for.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • JGSI wrote:

This post should be at the top of every training thread :)
    Another donkey, here :D
  • cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    diplodicus wrote:
    JGSI wrote:

This post should be at the top of every training thread :)
    Another donkey, here :D

Love it. I am interpreting this as 'don't go on the turbo in the cold garage tonight. light a fire and relax' :-)