Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

wednesday with spooky action at a distance

sungodsungod Posts: 13,215
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early start for gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, think i will need more coffee and snacks

happy pumpkins etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Posts

  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,931
    Morning, freezing here, I walked the dog earlier and the gritters have been out, the suns breaking through at the moment, bike ride on the cards by the lookof it
    Have a good day
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,900
    WFH so later start and run with the dog was enjoyed

    Out with the rug rats later
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
    Morning. Freezing here in South Derbyshire, mutt walked. Dad's family taxi service and retail therapy coming up. Running later with eldest lad.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • Ran 10k this morning, grrrr and brrrr all at the same time.

    Just took delivery of a new vehicle which you would expect may cause a little excitement but no, a high top transit van doesn't hit the spot for me I'm afraid.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    Just think of the things you can get up to in a high top transit van.
    Pimp the ride out man and go speculating.

    Had a number of awkward things to do this morning which has delayed a wobbly wobble.
    Sun has popped out and it's a much nicer/milder day than yesterday.
    Now which way is that wind blowing...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

    Mini Oxo didn't walk my dog which disheartened me (a likely the dog) so a sternly worded letter the my local MP is on the cards.

    Been doing a 15 minute survey at work for the last hour, question 54, an I cannot be bothered
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    Bl00dy Halloween. Rubbish.
    Mrs returns today. It's been peaceful.
    Might fit new rotor to my plastic front wheel and put that back on the bike, so I'm all matchy matchy again..
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,455 Lives Here
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy morning, coffee machine is in more regular use as more people are using it up here. I've organised a lynch mob for later as I found out who replaced cakes with fruit. IT have agreed to turn off the CCTV at the allotted time so there will be no witnesses.
    Had to drive in today so I could deliver the hobbling one to her work. Today being Wednesday I will of course be visiting a pub.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

    Do tell.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    Afternoon
    step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.
    The clocks changed at the weekend and by Monday evening everyone else was riding down the cycle path with their 10 million lumen lights oblivious to the fact that they are blinding everyone else. The dickhead 10,000 has now been fitted to my bike for those special people :twisted:
  • Oh hai!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

    Do tell.


    Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out. Rears a See. sense Ace so its a bit smarter an means I dotn have to remember to turn it on an off when I ride.

    Thistle thankfully the one I have has a shaped lens so its more akin to a car headlight with a clean cut off etc only need the full beam if its 100% black an no one else is about.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    step83 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

    Do tell.


    Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out. Rears a See. sense Ace so its a bit smarter an means I dotn have to remember to turn it on an off when I ride.

    What happens when you stop at a junction?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    ballysmate wrote:
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!
    My day is very similar apart from the autumnal ride bit. Think I'll just set the dog on them.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    I'm out in the sticks now. No trick or treaters here.
    Shorty is off with school friend chaperoned with her Dad in town. Very peaceful here. Only Tricky, Mum and I.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 6,088
    I've just got back to discover the house is festooned with Halloween censored . Ive blown out the candle in the jack o lantern and I'm off to hide upstairs with the lights off while the dog barks at the doorbell.
  • pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

    Do tell.


    Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out. Rears a See. sense Ace so its a bit smarter an means I dotn have to remember to turn it on an off when I ride.

    What happens when you stop at a junction?

    Stop?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,854
    Spoil sport
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • thistle_thistle_ Posts: 4,626
    step83 wrote:
    Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out.
    Just looked it up. Seems expensive but looks worth it.
    I need to order one of those cutoff lenses for my bigger lights.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    ballysmate wrote:
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!

    As an update, I have not been pestered by any beggars. Word must have got round. :)
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    ballysmate wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!

    As an update, I have not been pestered by any beggars. Word must have got round. :)
    Got caught out when I made the mistake of taking some recycling out - felt too mean to blank the little kid so gave her a pack of Wiggle Haribos that I'd been meaning to get shot of for ages :)
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,790
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!

    As an update, I have not been pestered by any beggars. Word must have got round. :)
    Got caught out when I made the mistake of taking some recycling out - felt too mean to blank the little kid so gave her a pack of Wiggle Haribos that I'd been meaning to get shot of for ages :)

    You're a big softy at heart aren't you.
    Compassionate Conservatism.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 44,019
    ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!

    As an update, I have not been pestered by any beggars. Word must have got round. :)
    Got caught out when I made the mistake of taking some recycling out - felt too mean to blank the little kid so gave her a pack of Wiggle Haribos that I'd been meaning to get shot of for ages :)

    You're a big softy at heart aren't you.
    Compassionate Conservatism.
    I'm trying to show my caring side.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83step83 Posts: 4,016
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

    Do tell.


    Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out. Rears a See. sense Ace so its a bit smarter an means I dotn have to remember to turn it on an off when I ride.

    What happens when you stop at a junction?

    It'll keep going for five minutes so it shouldn't be an issue, Thistle, yes its a bit on the pricey side but but should see me through for a fair while now.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,226
    A front only retails at about £59.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
Sign In or Register to comment.