wednesday with spooky action at a distance

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early start for gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, think i will need more coffee and snacks

happy pumpkins etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, freezing here, I walked the dog earlier and the gritters have been out, the suns breaking through at the moment, bike ride on the cards by the lookof it
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH so later start and run with the dog was enjoyed

Out with the rug rats later
  • Ran 10k this morning, grrrr and brrrr all at the same time.

Just took delivery of a new vehicle which you would expect may cause a little excitement but no, a high top transit van doesn't hit the spot for me I'm afraid.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Just think of the things you can get up to in a high top transit van.
    Pimp the ride out man and go speculating.

Had a number of awkward things to do this morning which has delayed a wobbly wobble.
    Sun has popped out and it's a much nicer/milder day than yesterday.
    Now which way is that wind blowing...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

Mini Oxo didn't walk my dog which disheartened me (a likely the dog) so a sternly worded letter the my local MP is on the cards.

Been doing a 15 minute survey at work for the last hour, question 54, an I cannot be bothered
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bl00dy Halloween. Rubbish.
    Mrs returns today. It's been peaceful.
    Might fit new rotor to my plastic front wheel and put that back on the bike, so I'm all matchy matchy again..
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy morning, coffee machine is in more regular use as more people are using it up here. I've organised a lynch mob for later as I found out who replaced cakes with fruit. IT have agreed to turn off the CCTV at the allotted time so there will be no witnesses.
    Had to drive in today so I could deliver the hobbling one to her work. Today being Wednesday I will of course be visiting a pub.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, found frost pedalled in using swanky new front and back lights, even used the "full beam" button which turns out is comically bright.

Do tell.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Afternoon
    Step83 wrote:
    The clocks changed at the weekend and by Monday evening everyone else was riding down the cycle path with their 10 million lumen lights oblivious to the fact that they are blinding everyone else. The dickhead 10,000 has now been fitted to my bike for those special people :twisted:
  • Oh hai!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Do tell.

Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out. Rears a See. sense Ace so its a bit smarter an means I dotn have to remember to turn it on an off when I ride.

Thistle thankfully the one I have has a shaped lens so its more akin to a car headlight with a clean cut off etc only need the full beam if its 100% black an no one else is about.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Do tell.

Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out. Rears a See. sense Ace so its a bit smarter an means I dotn have to remember to turn it on an off when I ride.

What happens when you stop at a junction?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Evening will probably be spoiled by begging kids though. "Trick or Treat!"
    Fcuk Off!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Another satisfying day of doing nothing much after riding my bike in Autumnal sunshine.
    Fcuk Off!!!!
    My day is very similar apart from the autumnal ride bit. Think I'll just set the dog on them.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I'm out in the sticks now. No trick or treaters here.
    Shorty is off with school friend chaperoned with her Dad in town. Very peaceful here. Only Tricky, Mum and I.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I've just got back to discover the house is festooned with Halloween crap. Ive blown out the candle in the jack o lantern and I'm off to hide upstairs with the lights off while the dog barks at the doorbell.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Do tell.

Stop?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Step83 wrote:
    Picked up a Raveman PR1200, sits on 100 lumens usually went down a little lane so whacked it right up, very illuminating it turns out.
    Just looked it up. Seems expensive but looks worth it.
    I need to order one of those cutoff lenses for my bigger lights.
  • ballysmate
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Fcuk Off!!!!

As an update, I have not been pestered by any beggars. Word must have got round. :)
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Fcuk Off!!!!

As an update, I have not been pestered by any beggars. Word must have got round. :)
    Got caught out when I made the mistake of taking some recycling out - felt too mean to blank the little kid so gave her a pack of Wiggle Haribos that I'd been meaning to get shot of for ages :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Fcuk Off!!!!

Got caught out when I made the mistake of taking some recycling out - felt too mean to blank the little kid so gave her a pack of Wiggle Haribos that I'd been meaning to get shot of for ages :)

You're a big softy at heart aren't you.
    Compassionate Conservatism.
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Fcuk Off!!!!

You're a big softy at heart aren't you.
    Compassionate Conservatism.
    I'm trying to show my caring side.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Do tell.

It'll keep going for five minutes so it shouldn't be an issue, Thistle, yes its a bit on the pricey side but but should see me through for a fair while now.
  • pinno
    A front only retails at about £59.