Good Vs bad climbing days

LoufromMat
LoufromMat Posts: 4
For two weekends on a row I went for nice climbs (cat 3 and Cat 1) and blasted me previous records almost effortlesly. Then on the third weekend I went up a Cat 2 and struggled. I'm trying to figure out what factors could have played a part, as I can speculate (sleep, food the previous day, whether I had a glass of wine or not) but I'm not sure if it's simply something one can't predict: there are simply bad and good climbing days. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Tailwind/ Headwind
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Fatigue, and not leaving enough recovery time, between efforts will do that for you.
  • This is not random. The difficult week was the most recent week after the previous two weeks. Without more details, I'd say this is run of the mill fatigue. Take a rest week and see what happens.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    We all have good and bad days - and it's impossible to predict. Did you check the bike over ? Tyre not rubbing ? Pressures OK ?
  • Depending upon what exercise you are doing between these climbing weekends, I wouldn't expect cycling fatigue to be a significant factor.

I'd be looking at factors such as...
    Illness, such as flu
    Wind direction
    How far and how hard you had ridden to reach the climbs
    Dehydration
    Suitable food fuelling on the ride
    etc.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo