caad 10 vs kinesis aithein

2»

Comments

• Is there a thread here on peoples resprayed bikes ? I’d say it would divide opinions . I find the purples tend to look better in be flesh than the photos . As for pink they would stone you around these parts for riding a pink bike as a lad . But in reality it takes a real man to ride pink of course
  • Is there a thread here on peoples resprayed bikes ? I’d say it would divide opinions . I find the purples tend to look better in be flesh than the photos . As for pink they would stone you around these parts for riding a pink bike as a lad . But in reality it takes a real man to ride pink of course

I have a pink bike and generally it's well received but I've had the occasional neanderthal call me a fag or homo. :roll:

I think those purple bikes look great. It's almost as if aesthetics are subjective not objective.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I find nothing more meh and bland than black/white/red. Love the purple trek. Looks great in the flesh. As does the Cannondale CAADX ultegra. I love the 2019 Cannondale Synapse Ultegra SE in Teal too. I’m glad mainstream manufacturers are being bolder these days. Specialized kicked it off again with their stock colours a couple of years back and Trek have always done their Project 1 thing.

My TT bike is pretty much clear coat over carbon. Boring as hell. May get it sprayed purple. Not least it’s my team colours.

Each to their own.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    I find nothing more meh and bland than black/white/red. Love the purple trek. Looks great in the flesh. As does the Cannondale CAADX ultegra. I love the 2019 Cannondale Synapse Ultegra SE in Teal too. I’m glad mainstream manufacturers are being bolder these days. Specialized kicked it off again with their stock colours a couple of years back and Trek have always done their Project 1 thing.

My TT bike is pretty much clear coat over carbon. Boring as hell. May get it sprayed purple. Not least it’s my team colours.

Each to their own.

If you want alloy and purple, the CAAD 12 frame in purple (I think it was on the Duraace version but can now be bought at a frameset apparently) looks amazing in my opinion...
  • I’ve yet to see that purple Trek but I have seen the caad in purple and it’s stunning .

The 2019 caad12 with new 105 is in purple , it’s also available purple in Europe in ultegra . The synapse ladies is purple too . Don’t see why a man couldn’t ride it though . They have the caadx in purple 2019 too . Essentially Cannondale have gone purple mad
  • the decision has been made to rework the caad10. the look i'm aiming is an old caad7 optimo saeco style. i'll fit an ultegra groupset and carbon rims i already have. (hope the link works) i'm not sure how to name this deep red?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=canno ... IAve8XtcBM:
  • A chap over on weightweenies has resprayed a SS Evo in the Saeco colours. I could ask him what he used.
  • the decision has been made to rework the caad10. the look i'm aiming is an old caad7 optimo saeco style. i'll fit an ultegra groupset and carbon rims i already have. (hope the link works) i'm not sure how to name this deep red?

That's a lot of decals, I think there's a thread on here that has some.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    the decision has been made to rework the caad10. the look i'm aiming is an old caad7 optimo saeco style. i'll fit an ultegra groupset and carbon rims i already have. (hope the link works) i'm not sure how to name this deep red?

Awesome choice. I commented on a thread on here last year about someone doing similar with their CAAD. Don't know if they ever did though.
  • parts all bought and frame stripped down. the frame and for will be at the spray shop next friday so probably it'll take another 2 weeks depending on his workload.

new ultegra groupset, new seat and post, graphics from amazon, new fizik tape, uberbike threaded bb, my own carbon wheels, so will get her built in about 4 weeks. :)
  • poynedexter
    poynedexter Posts: 283
    edited February 2019
    started here.

50928385_2481907828504325_4515451409235181568_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a60ef3b3253daef553b8dda87e9f2949&oe=5CF7FD59
  • 51356349_2481910198504088_2168199258816118784_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=f583d9e7539cf3248ed3d2211b50d669&oe=5CF10B63
  • better late than....
  • Is t hand made in the USA?
  • the sticker could be?
  • gary_sparrow
    gary_sparrow Posts: 181
    edited February 2019
    Nice job , looks great. Should stick the completed bike up when it’s done .
    A little Donald Trump head sticker beside handmade in USA would finish it off nicely too !
  • I really hate criticising other peoples' bikes but that seat tube sticker is surely the wrong way round...had to mention it just in case it's still possible to change it!

Maybe it's just me. Lovely colour overall, should build up nicely.
  • Bondurant wrote:
    I really hate criticising other peoples' bikes but that seat tube sticker is surely the wrong way round...had to mention it just in case it's still possible to change it!

Maybe it's just me. Lovely colour overall, should build up nicely.

yea i spotted that at first sight, but now i see it as a feature, a liitle piece of wrong making it right? :lol:
    the sticker is laquered over now.
    should be built up in the next week to 10 days.