British MTBer shot dead in French Alps

2»

Comments

• sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    That quote was the last message I read so far in this thread so this may already have been said but the shot cyclist was a sister rapist! Think twice next time before dishing out your condolences.
    That “version” of the truth hadn’t been released at the time of the OP.As already said both his father and current(when he was alive) GF paint a very different picture to his mother and sister.
    When the Thread was started all we knew was a MTBer had been shot.
    Even if it turns out he is a rapist it still doesn't alter the fact that a MTBer was shot and killed and it could have been anyone.
  • As mentioned, regardless of the character, a member of Joe Public has been accidentally shot dead by someone out hunting. That in itself needs attention and at least some form of remedial action.
    As to the character himself, assuming that the stories are true, he won't be greatly missed. I guess that absconding to France and ultimately meeting an untimely death has saved the British taxpayers a few squids!
    Btw - I do not have (nor promote having) 323 toes.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    MBR:

Tributes have been continuing to Mr Sutton. The Wild Beets restaurant where he worked has said Mr Sutton was “hardworking, generous and incredibly kind person who lived life to the full and spent as much time as he could in the mountains .. He was never happier than on his snowboard or mountain bike and he knew the pistes and trails of Morzine like the back of his hand.”

“We can’t describe how completely devastated we are by his death and are all finding it hard to accept that we won’t see him again … He was dearly loved by all of his friends here and also his family in the UK. Marc loved and respected everything about the mountains and nature and tried to make it a better place.”

Read more at https://www.mbr.co.uk/news/hunting-ban- ... 4U4vvWj.99
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Sniper68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sniper68 wrote:
    68 is my year of birth.
    Y’old fart :lol:
    Oi! I'm only 50 :|
    You and me both, but I think 'only' is stretching it a little.
  • jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Is there a 'what's the meaning behind your username' thread?
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sniper68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sniper68 wrote:
    68 is my year of birth.
    Y’old fart :lol:
    Oi! I'm only 50 :|
    You and me both, but I think 'only' is stretching it a little.
    I'm going to keep stretching it as long as I can :mrgreen: