Floyd Landis- New Team funded by drugs.

2»

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Its an absolute crying shame that cycling is so desperate for sponsors that it can never be in a position to be fussy about its sources. Inner Ring has done a couple of articles on cyclings dirty money in the past and ultimately Landis' is more of the same albeit on a smaller scale.

Yeah, its good to see money coming it, but really, the guy is a repugnant sleazebag ... no?
    Cycling News standpoint will be interesting, since he sponsors their podcast
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Its an absolute crying shame that cycling is so desperate for sponsors that it can never be in a position to be fussy about its sources. Inner Ring has done a couple of articles on cyclings dirty money in the past and ultimately Landis' is more of the same albeit on a smaller scale.

Yeah, its good to see money coming it, but really, the guy is a repugnant sleazebag ... no?

i think he's damaged goods and an unbelieveable self promoter but whats his alternative, go away and die somewhere?
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    RichN95 wrote:
    well we dont mind St Millar being the face of cycling on terrestrial TV and hes not putting money in. Why would we have a problem with llandis?
    Things that Landis did that Millar didn't

Intimidate and mental denigrate Greg LeMond by pretending to be his childhood abuser
    Hack the UCI computers
    Claim innocence for four years
    Write a book about how how innocent he was
    Crowdfund money for his legal defence
    Continually cast aspertions against current riders despite not being at a race in Europe for over a decade
    Claim to be a whistleblower despite still doping once he left US Postal
    Still maintain he didn't take the testosterone he tested positive for (presumably to avoid a perjury charge)

He's right up there with the very worst people this sport has seen.

Also something Landis did: phone up a T&F athlete who successfully fought a testosterone +ve and ask him how he 'got off' with it.
  • Vino'sGhost
    RichN95 wrote:
    well we dont mind St Millar being the face of cycling on terrestrial TV and hes not putting money in. Why would we have a problem with llandis?

Intimidate and mental denigrate Greg LeMond by pretending to be his childhood abuser
    Hack the UCI computers
    Continually cast aspertions against current riders despite not being at a race in Europe for over a decade
    Still maintain he didn't take the testosterone he tested positive for (presumably to avoid a perjury charge)

Also something Landis did: phone up a T&F athlete who successfully fought a testosterone +ve and ask him how he 'got off' with it.

Well that's fair enough isnt it?
  • yorkshireraw
    RichN95 wrote:

Hack the UCI computers

not when the athlete spent a fortune proving his innocence and Landis didn't believe he had genuinely been found innocent as he assumed everyone is at it.
  • Vino'sGhost
    well all the other guy had to say was "becasue i didnt use it" or because i didnt use it and i spent a fortune proving it" or because i spent a fortune proving it."

I dont think asking how makes landis a sleazebag. Especially when Landis competed in an environment where everybody was at it. Track and Field is hardly a snow white pure place either.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    Team kit has been leaked:

45113843371_6370764266_z.jpg
  • Those shorts.... wow.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,597
    CarbonClem wrote:

i think he's damaged goods and an unbelieveable self promoter but whats his alternative, go away and die somewhere?

Go away and do something different, in another field of work. Start again. Maybe set up some sort of business that sells stuff?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • CarbonClem wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Go away and do something different, in another field of work. Start again. Maybe set up some sort of business that sells stuff?
    Exactly what he has done, set up a business selling Cannabis based medical products

https://floydsofleadville.com/

He is now using the money from the LA thing and his business to sponsor/start a cycling team.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,597
    CarbonClem wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Exactly what he has done, set up a business selling Cannabis based medical products

https://floydsofleadville.com/

He is now using the money from the LA thing and his business to sponsor/start a cycling team.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I know all that. I was being sarcastic in my response, and highlighting the fact that his continued efforts to rubbish cycling at every opportunity and his latest attention seeking return have all shown that he is completely unable to keep away.

Like all the people on Twitter commenting on pro races despite having 'given up on it all'.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    CarbonClem wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

He has. His new business is tueing hemp oil to people that need it. The cycle team will just market his business.

Looking forward to seeing them at the Amgen Tour of California.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    RichN95 wrote:

Hack the UCI computers

If you’re not being serious, can I recommend an emoji or something at this point.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    ddraver wrote:
    (there's got to be more...)
    SquidgyOranjeboom RoomPot
    Hashtana
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    It's not like they're all going to taking bong hits instead of bidons, although that would certainly make for entertaining racing.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    FocusZing wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

He has. His new business is tueing hemp oil to people that need it. The cycle team will just market his business.

Looking forward to seeing them at the Amgen Tour of California.
    Woosh
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    :lol::lol::lol: couldn`t make it up
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Pinno wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    (there's got to be more...)
    SquidgyOranjeboom RoomPot
    Hashtana

God dammit I pondered Astana for ages and totally missed that one!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    RichN95 wrote:

Hack the UCI computers

Did an interview with Kimmage though.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Although, Kimmage is not really a scalpel, he's more like a breeze block.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wacky backy wheelers
    should of used giantorangecannon
  • yorkshireraw
    well all the other guy had to say was "becasue i didnt use it" or because i didnt use it and i spent a fortune proving it" or because i spent a fortune proving it."

I dont think asking how makes landis a sleazebag. Especially when Landis competed in an environment where everybody was at it. Track and Field is hardly a snow white pure place either.

It was already in the public domain that the athlete had been cleared. Landis was basically saying 'you're a liar and you were at it, I'll bung you a couple of quid to tell me how you got off with it'. Because his basic stance is everyone is at it, even if he knows nothing about them.
  • Vino'sGhost

It was already in the public domain that the athlete had been cleared. Landis was basically saying 'you're a liar and you were at it, I'll bung you a couple of quid to tell me how you got off with it'. Because his basic stance is everyone is at it, even if he knows nothing about them.

Well i honestly dont think that is out of order. Perhaps im too cynical
  • A team funded by drugs?

Omega Pharma Quick Step anyone?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Der Kaiser wrote:
    A team funded by drugs?

Omega Pharma Quick Step anyone?

Racing at the Amgem tour of California