Vuelta 2018, Stage 12: Mondoñedo > Faro de Estaca de Bares. Mañón - 181,1 km *Spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Pross wrote:
    I've only managed to watch one stage this year but from the reports it feels like no-one can be bothered about winning. Are they all knackered or maybe keeping their powder dry for a Worlds course that could well suit most of the main contenders?

Noone has been too bothered about leading before today. The next three mountain stages strung together will probably sort out who the contenders are.
  • Not the best video of the crash after the finish, but it will do for now..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvBSJN5 ... utu.be&t=8

Only saw it on the highlights show - that was crazy. "Oh look, there's a helpful gap next to these photographers I can walk down."
  • Just catching up with highlights, but only appear to be able to find a comedy version as they show a Cofidis rider in the GC lead. If anyone could point me towards the real world version that'd be great :mrgreen:
  • DeadCalm wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'd love it the GC contenders watch each other so much that they forget to drop Herrada. A dumber version of the 2017 Giro where Nibali and Quintana were so focused on each other they forgot to get rid of Dumoulin.
    It is unlikely but not beyond the realms of possibility I'd have thought. Herrada's no mug. I can see him hanging onto red for a day or two at the very least. He's also got a better time trial than a lot of the pure climbers.
    He's no mug but he's also no Dumoulin. He had a tough day yesterday and despite taking the jersey didn't look all that great in the break. I think if a GC team make it hard on a big climb (probably today) he'll be gone before the big names get a chance to mess about and balls things up.