The "Wot? No ToB 2018 Spoiler Thread?" ****Spoilers****

Comments

• just watched the devon and Bristol stages, its quite a good race, much more interesting to watch than the spanish one.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Gorilla again today.

Holiday season is over, it’s aBout time we all got back to our keyboards.
    I’m in no position to criticise lack of posts by others, but vuelta thread is very disappointing too. Has everyone drifted off to forums (fora?) new, or just not enough doping now to sustain interest?
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,342
    Us childless brigands are still marauding the countryside!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Gorilla again today.

I’m in no position to criticise lack of posts by others, but vuelta thread is very disappointing too. Has everyone drifted off to forums (fora?) new, or just not enough doping now to sustain interest?

Definitely need more doping, this weeks is like a small canapé when you're starving.
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Gorilla again today.

I find it difficult to get it up for the Vuelta, and I have no coverage of the ToB other than the 5 minute highlights on YouTibe. And I'd be hard pressed to follow any live coverage of either except at weekends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    Gorilla again today.

I find it difficult to get it up for the Vuelta, and I have no coverage of the ToB other than the 5 minute highlights on YouTibe. And I'd be hard pressed to follow any live coverage of either except at weekends.

5 minutes is more than enough for today's TTT.
    Other than Kung blowing up, it's the usual suspects dominating...........and no, I don't mean Sky.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Tuning in to a live ToB stage for the first time this year, looking forward to it, not watched any live cycling since the tour
  • ShutupJens
    ECHELONS
  • ShutupJens
    Opening KMs went down the coast so obviously QS went to the front, followed by Sky, and put the bunch to the sword
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    That's quite a big split to be fair, about a 1/3rd have missed out.
  • ShutupJens
    No respite for them as the intermediate sprint approaches, QS lead it out for Alaphillipe and clean up to make sure no one else can take any bonus seconds
  • jam1e
    Kiry and Martin in a 4 man break - nice.
  • ShutupJens
    Connor Swift, Tony Martin, Kiriyenka off the front with one unidentified Red Lotto rider
  • ShutupJens
    Powerhouse break, if this can go away

Roglic and a few QS down at the back, looks like there won't be any bringing this move back now, but a handful of riders trying to get across
  • ShutupJens
    Just seen a commissaire who cost me a race win once on telly. Not that I'm bitter about it
  • ShutupJens
    Matt Holmes in a bit of a chasse patate, never getting across to this group
  • jam1e
    I think that’s the best weather I’ve ever seen on Fangs Brow...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Poels times it perfectly back to the leaders then mugs Alaphillippe and Carthy for the stage. Alaphillippe takes the GC lead after Roglic blows big time.
  • Pross
    Pidcock takes 6th on the stage and Stedman 9th. Good stage for young Brits. Froome rolls in with the Greipel group.
  • Good stage. The wt teams are a step above.
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Great 2 days in Cumbria. Fantastic atmosphere and support. All the staff for the tour were very friendly, especially Steve the camera man. Decided worst job is towing part of a spectator stand around Britain for a week.
    Not been a fan of Froome but he was being a true gent - acknowledged the crowd on the recce rides etc.
    Interesting to watch the warm ups for the time trial, especially Tony Martin, Alex and the rest of Katusha.
    Cold yesterday standing at Whinlatter but finish was worth it.
    Just a pity it wasn't anywhere near my street
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    That was a fun stage and a very exciting final climb. I really enjoyed it, more than the Vuelta to be honest
  • Mad_Malx
    Just caught up with Friday stage - deserves much more recognition here. Was a really good finale.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Where's the best place to catch up? ITV highlights?
  • Mad_Malx
    On itv player in uk
  • Pross
    Stannard doing what he does best, soloing to victory in horrible weather. Great to see him back. Long stage too at 5 hours. Peloton still going about 4 minutes behind.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Good finish to today's stage, great to see Stannard back to winning ways.

Went up to Whinlatter to watch stages 5 and 6, mainly as an excuse to take a couple of days off work. It was good to see a two stages, including the road stage twice, in the same location. The team time trial was interesting, especially when you had riders dropping off the back and having to shout for the others to ease up, and the road stage made for exciting racing.

44502705392_354a0cb6be_h.jpg

43834106244_b9464f5f02_h.jpg

44502667082_bc3dfbd0f9_h.jpg

43834195524_e6dd653fed_h.jpg

43642588245_393e210edf_h.jpg

44551978551_0be765640f_h.jpg

44551933531_76081015de_h.jpg

42743145690_7fac6e6c4b_h.jpg

43833973464_e324e2cde2_h.jpg

30681713358_7ea6bc3211_h.jpg

43642495945_feb23c5742_h.jpg

A few more photos here if anyone's interested:
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmpFFXQc
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Is there anyway you could photoshop out the photographer in the sky through the gate one..?

It would be great then...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Great snaps
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Just caught up with Friday stage - deserves much more recognition here. Was a really good finale.
    That was very good.

Pidcock is very impressive. I mean we all new he was good, but he really held his own with the WT riders there.