Adaptive training plans?

hellar89
hellar89 Posts: 7
I'm somewhat new to the sport and all of these various apps and plans, so if someone that might know of a program that would work for me, that would be great.

Im looking for a plan that would obviously start off asking about credentials, FTP etc. And then spit out a given weeks plan. If for some reason Im busy or a need to skip a day, the plan would change based off of how much I would have time to ride any given week. Normally 3-4 times. Based on what I uploaded/ completed for the week, the program would then give me a new plan for the week.

Im willing to do monthly plans but one time purchases are preferred if the plan is what im looking for.

Im looking for programs that would help with riding centries, as well as preparing me for CITS if I'm so inclined down the road.

Thanks

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Look up trainer road.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    You're a bit stuck with online programs as they calculate rest days and what activity to do on which day. If you miss an activity, it won't automatically adjust things for you. Training Peaks for instance, populates a calendar with your program, however long it is. If you fail to complete something, it just marks it as failed to complete, but won't amend the calendar for you.

Sufferfest have their 4DP program, which I'm not convinced by. It calculates what type of rider you are and advises which sessions to do for your strengths and weaknesses. Fine, as long as they get your profile right and I don't think it does based on my own experience. Their sessions are good though. Hard, but have some good footage and music to keep you motivated.

Beyond that you're looking at a coach, which would probably work out at a similar cost, but for a shorter period. With Training Peaks, a coach and one of their programs is additional to the subscription! Better to get on the internet and find a coach near you willing to take you on.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    hellar89 wrote:
    Im looking for programs that would help with riding centries, as well as preparing me for CITS if I'm so inclined down the road.

You don't need a training plan for century rides. You haven't said where you are at with your riding now, or how long you've been doing it, but in 99% of cases the answer will be to just get out on your bike and ride some regular distance. No need to over-think it..
  • StillGoing
    Nothing will automatically amend the calendar if you miss specified sessions. You can manually move sessions to another date, but nothing does it automatically.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    philthy3 wrote:
    Nothing will automatically amend the calendar if you miss specified sessions. You can manually move sessions to another date, but nothing does it automatically.

Some or all (I can't remember exactly which) of the above do.
  • StillGoing
    joey54321 wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

Some or all (I can't remember exactly which) of the above do.

Really? I am surprised.
  • joey54321
    Really (or at least they claim to, use the word adaptive everywhere and this article https://www.pezcyclingnews.com/toolbox/ ... g-advisor/ describes how it adapts).
  • The best adaptive training tool is your brain.

Your brain knows your stress level, sleep quality, energy levels, appetite, mood, motivation, schedule, etc.

Your brain also knows about tomorrow's business trip so you can ride as hard as you can before forced recovery.

It doesn't take much at all to understand the basics of how to find and maintain the right combination of intensity, duration and frequency.

Don't overthink it or get sucked into controversial overly-detailed scientific debates over the average athlete's needs.

Do your intervals. Track your metrics. Discover your individual recipe of load, ramp rate and recovery.

Blindly hand over your training to others and you'll get what you deserve.

So many of us want to believe Apple or Google or whoever can think for us and they can but not better than we can do for ourselves with even the tiniest bit of knowledge.

...and cycling software flunkies are no Google lol
  • joey54321
    Do your intervals.

What intervals? You made me put my plan down.
  • As I said above, it doesn't take much to understand the fundamentals.
    joey54321 wrote:
    Do your intervals.

What intervals? You made me put my plan down.