Chain gangs near Woking

Edward Cabot
Edward Cabot Posts: 6
edited August 2018 in Training, fitness and health
Hi,

Does anyone know of any chain gangs in the Woking/ Surrey area during the week??

Comments

• MiddleRinger
    MiddleRinger Posts: 678
    Perhaps Charlotteville CC may have a regular one?

Pretty sure Woking CC don't have an offical one, but you could always join, attend a few club rides, make some new riding buddies and then start your own. :-)
  • sam_anon
    sam_anon Posts: 153
    Where are you based?

I often do a school night 20 mile route in an hour if you fancied joining me.

Could go slightly quicker, but happy to slow up and potter if you wish too.

Have been meaning to cycle with Woking CC for ages but often away at weekends.
  • sam anon wrote:
    Where are you based?

I'm based near Woking town centre. Been trying to look for a local club who do weekly training rides for a while now.
  • sam_anon
    sam anon wrote:
    Where are you based?

I'm based near Woking town centre. Been trying to look for a local club who do weekly training rides for a while now.

I've DM'd you!
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    the wheelers (who you are a member of) do the Plateau of Pain at Richmond park for Hill reps and in the winter months we do the training loop around Walton and Weybridge.

in terms of around Woking I'm not sure of any chaingangs but there are some excellent roads around that way you could develop a training route on ( Pirbright and some areas to the south of Woking have some very fast roads).
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    TVS do a full on blast from Pirbright, 9am Saturdays if I recall about 2 hours, 20mph ish. VCGH also do a chain gang from Bel & The Dragon near Churt on a weekday during the summer months (Weds or Thurs I forget).
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • sam_anon
    sam anon wrote:
    sam anon wrote:
    Where are you based?

I've DM'd you!

At least I thought I had, it's in my outbox for some reason... Anyone know how you send dm's in this forum?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Messages stay in the outbox until they are read.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • wavefront
    wavefront Posts: 397
    Yup, VCGH run a chaingang on Thurs eves, a few 20min loops starting from Bel and Dragon in Churt (south west of Godalming) It's a bit quiet just now, with a few on holiday or racing hard. maybe check the VCGH Facebook page a day or so before as they'll often be a note saying what's going on, or DM me and I can then let you know when it's next on.