TDF 2018, Stage 5: Lorient > Quimper 11/07/2018 - 204,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Any truth to the twitter rumours that Cav has abandoned? Does he not realise it’s a 8pm kick-off?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited July 2018
    Chavanel alone out front? When the the others drop off?

Edit: Attacked to get the KOM points and kept going.

Poor guy

Edit: Clearly loving it/Sacrifical lamb
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Any truth to the twitter rumours that Cav has abandoned? Does he not realise it’s a 8pm kick-off?

Could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard Ned say he was back with the peloton.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    anyone had trouble with Eurosport Player over the last few days? I log in and then it looks like it's about to load and then says "Start watching Eurosport... Subscribe or Log In". Same on all browsers but does work on my Android Eurosport Player.
  • shirley_basso
    Any truth to the twitter rumours that Cav has abandoned? Does he not realise it’s a 8pm kick-off?

Could be wrong, but I'm sure I heard Ned say he was back with the peloton.

Cav was dropped on the first climb, got back on. Nothing on the CN live ticker which is usually pretty good.
  • doolie
    doolie Posts: 42
    Prhymeate wrote:
    anyone had trouble with Eurosport Player over the last few days? I log in and then it looks like it's about to load and then says "Start watching Eurosport... Subscribe or Log In". Same on all browsers but does work on my Android Eurosport Player.

Yeah i get the same some times. I get around it be selecting my account top right and login, then go back to the schedule and select the event. Seems to work
    PlanetX RT-57
    Orbea Orca
    Felt DA
    GT Grade
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Once more into battle for the old warrior. If you didn't know, this is Chava's last tour.

BTW - Cav out the back again
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Kittel also out the back.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Prhymeate wrote:

Mine got really bad a while back, I forget which race day it was but I ended up starting a direct subscription with ES as it simply wouldn't log me in via my iTunes sub.

If it messes me about during the Tour, i just go ITV4.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    It's already beginning to break into bits.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Race centre feed says this is Chavanel's 353rd TdF stage. The record is 365. So he'll be a record breaker if he lasts the full Tour.
  • Uncategorised climb breaks up both the breakaway and the peloton. Tough day.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Milton50 wrote:
    Cheval-Breton_articleimage.jpg

My god, that horse is built like a rhino!

Magnificent beasts.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Prhymeate wrote:

Mine got really bad a while back, I forget which race day it was but I ended up starting a direct subscription with ES as it simply wouldn't log me in via my iTunes sub.

If it messes me about during the Tour, i just go ITV4.

Yes I've had that problem. If you quite your browser it usually solves the problem.
  • shirley_basso
    30s and 2km for Chav over the chasing group for the KOM.

Bora upping the pace to drop the sprinters for Sagan.
  • above_the_cows
    adr82 wrote:
    (also someone should totally take the username "Above The Prawns" since we already have "Above The Cows")

People are only allowed to be Above The Prawns if they persistently ride on dykes above the cows.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    According to the TdF app - its saying the Cav Group is just Cav ?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Froome bike change, has Kwia to bring him back
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Froome bike change, has Kwia to bring him back
    Deploy the tin foil hats.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Ah that app is rubbish. Now it has Froome as the 'straggler' at the back.
  • above_the_cows
    Whatever happens in today's stage we have learnt why G always wears those old school white jawbones! They are prescription lenses. There's a mystery solved.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,646
    Who's been doing all the work?

BMC?

Bora?
  • mrfpb

BMC?

Bora?

Bora
  • above_the_cows

BMC?

Bora?

Right now Direct Energie even though they have two men in the break!
  • rick_chasey
    Cheerz.

Any dramz?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    Bit of a chute has isolated Adam Yates. Still waiting to get his mechanical sorted.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    doolie wrote:
    Prhymeate wrote:

Yeah i get the same some times. I get around it be selecting my account top right and login, then go back to the schedule and select the event. Seems to work

Cheers, tried that and it didn't work. I cleared the cache and removed all of the Eurosport cookies and logged in again and that seemed to work though.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Whatever happens in today's stage we have learnt why G always wears those old school white jawbones! They are prescription lenses. There's a mystery solved.

Interesting.

Rolf Sørensen was talking about Zulle the other day, who also needed prescription lenses. Said it was why his descending in the rain was so awful. Said he kept well clear of him.
  • rick_chasey

I thought he was just copying me. 8)
  • mrfpb
    Bit of a chute has isolated Adam Yates. Still waiting to get his mechanical sorted.
    It was Nieve not Yates.
    Chavanel no longer in virtual yellow, but in virtual polka dot.