New SKY Team kit

13»

Comments

• lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    deleted
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Fortunately ITV4 are a classier lot. Expect their final montage to finish with a Sky rider, in moody black and white, cycling into the distance, followed, in a white gallic font on a black screen, by a single word:

Fin.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    British cycling TV media types are freezepaging this thread just in case it gets deleted, all the while rubbing their hands together and saying "that's July's scripted bits sorted then"
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    "They say that orca pods have their own unique languages. Well Team Sky are letting their legs do all the talking today Sean."
    It's crazy how much I hear his voice in your words!

Just imagine it would happen during dirty talk as well! :shock: :lol:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    M.R.M. wrote:
    "And like a killer whale, Chris Froome is killing his opposition here today."
    "Can a fish ride a bicycle? Well that question has been answered here today Sean."
    Clearly, you are writing copy for him and must be blamed for his future verbal diarrhoea!

Maybe I am Carlton Kirby...

BeneficialPossibleGourami-max-1mb.gif

quite clearly because killer whales are not only mammals, but part of the dolphin family,and cetaceans, so not fish at all,and thats the kind of marine biology mistake he'd (or you'd) make just for a bad pun...though I can now imagine oneliners about how Sky did at the race of the dolphins...
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    awavey wrote:
    M.R.M. wrote:
    "Can a fish ride a bicycle? Well that question has been answered here today Sean."
    Clearly, you are writing copy for him and must be blamed for his future verbal diarrhoea!

quite clearly because killer whales are not only mammals, but part of the dolphin family,and cetaceans, so not fish at all,and thats the kind of marine biology mistake he'd (or you'd) make just for a bad pun...though I can now imagine oneliners about how Sky did at the race of the dolphins...

"Awavey has contacted us on Twitter Sean, to ask if I'm making up the bad puns about fish and orcas and to remind us that orcas are in fact mammals and part of the dolphin family. Well, I have been known to make up a pun now and then, it passes the time when not a lot is happening on the stage, and talking of Sky and doplhins Sean, Sky have the top three places at this year's Critérium du Dauphiné, sometimes known as the Critérium du Dolphin by people who like that sort of thing Sean."

"Well yes Carlton, we're seeing in this years race how strong Team Sky are..."
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    awavey wrote:
    M.R.M. wrote:

"Awavey has contacted us on Twitter Sean, to ask if I'm making up the bad puns about fish and orcas and to remind us that orcas are in fact mammals and part of the dolphin family. Well, I have been known to make up a pun now and then, it passes the time when not a lot is happening on the stage, and talking of Sky and doplhins Sean, Sky have the top three places at this year's Critérium du Dauphiné, sometimes known as the Critérium du Dolphin by people who like that sort of thing Sean."

This is too funny, I'm perversely looking forward to Kirby's jibbering
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    That was so painfully accurate I reflexively switched this forum to ITV4.
  • above_the_cows
    awavey wrote:
    M.R.M. wrote:

"You could say Sky are as strong as a killer whale Sean?"

"Well yes you could Carlton, but anyways as I was saying, we can see how strong the team are at this year's race with Moscon in the leader's jersey, Kwiat-cough-ski sitting in second place and Thomas there in turd position."
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    If only there was money in being a Carlton Kirby impersonator. :lol:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    M.R.M. wrote:
    If only there was money in being a Carlton Kirby impersonator. :lol:

It would be good to have that OPTION and be able to SHOW SOME AMBITION , maybe I could perfect an impression of BIG MAGGY or OLLY NAESSEN and join the show?
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,230
    Say Tiesj, and we'll know if you are any good.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    That was so painfully accurate I reflexively switched this forum to ITV4.
    Hugely underrated post.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Fortunately ITV4 are a classier lot. Expect their final montage to finish with a Sky rider, in moody black and white, cycling into the distance, followed, in a white gallic font on a black screen, by a single word:

Fin.
    :lol:

HAT
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    mrfpb wrote:
    At least they'll be visible in the peloton.

I would be impressed if they can get rid of all single use plastic from their operations in two years.
    Like 6,000 drinks bottles used during the Gd'I, for example.
    Was that just Froome on the Finestre?
  • above_the_cows

"So Sean, this looks like a stage for a Chase Benoot or a Simon Clarke."
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490

Doh, you've let yourself down. It's Si Clarke to his friends (and Carlton).

I actually reckon Kirby reads this forum as every so often he seems to mention something in commentary that is almost word for word what someone has written on here so if we can cr@p marine mammal puns I'm blaming you lot. Can I add something using marine mammal and mamil getting in there somewhere along the lines of 'of course Sean, whales aren't fish they're mammals but you won't see mamils climbing this fast at the weekend'.
  • above_the_cows
    Pross wrote:

Doh, you've let yourself down. It's Si Clarke to his friends (and Carlton).

I actually reckon Kirby reads this forum as every so often he seems to mention something in commentary that is almost word for word what someone has written on here so if we can cr@p marine mammal puns I'm blaming you lot. Can I add something using marine mammal and mamil getting in there somewhere along the lines of 'of course Sean, whales aren't fish they're mammals but you won't see mamils climbing this fast at the weekend'.

I started off with Si Clarke and then thought I'd change it to Simon as I feel he says Si when we're at the pointy end of the race and he gets excited but would say Simon when he's trying to be all 'serious commentator' doing his intro to the coverage. [I am taking this all WAY to seriously]

I am convinced he reads the forum.
  • Hi Sean!

*waves*
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    To answer the question - you must be able to buy it cos I saw someone in it today.