Giro 2018 Stage 17: Riva del Garda - Iseo - 155 kilometres, *Spoilers*

Comments

• topper_harley
    topper_harley Posts: 597
    going crazy again
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    whos the sky rider with Sanchez and interesting that Sky have put a man up there.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    Why does he not even keep quiet for 2 seconds during the ad breaks?

He's like a shark that can't stop swimming.

130kms of pan flat start to tomorrow's MTF stage. This will happen all over again.
    Bonkers in Brescia.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    whos the sky rider with Sanchez and interesting that Sky have put a man up there.

Kenny Elissonde. Too small to be seen by the naked eye.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129

Thanks Im watching on my ipad and yes hes tiny :)
  • topper_harley
    think Poels also in the break
  • whos the sky rider with Sanchez and interesting that Sky have put a man up there.

Thanks Im watching on my ipad and yes hes tiny :)

DeadWhichGalapagoshawk-size_restricted.gif
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    I know lots of people don't like Sky bossing the peleton around, and without Froome in the lead they have a slightly different role to play, but have their whole team been a bit less effective, and contributed to Froome's current position do you think?
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • topper_harley
    Dammed if they do and dammed if they don't
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    larkim wrote:
    I know lots of people don't like Sky bossing the peloton around, and without Froome in the lead they have a slightly different role to play, but have their whole team been a bit less effective, and contributed to Froome's current position do you think?

Not really - on the day when Froome was in a physical state to launch an attack from a high tempo set on the climb, that's what Poels did. On the other days, for example when Astana went to the front and "did a Sky", Froome couldn't go with the leaders when they went.
  • topper_harley
    Raining and splits again
  • topper_harley
    pissing down
  • topper_harley
    looks dry now, WTF
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    larkim wrote:
    I know lots of people don't like Sky bossing the peloton around, and without Froome in the lead they have a slightly different role to play, but have their whole team been a bit less effective, and contributed to Froome's current position do you think?

Not really - on the day when Froome was in a physical state to launch an attack from a high tempo set on the climb, that's what Poels did. On the other days, for example when Astana went to the front and "did a Sky", Froome couldn't go with the leaders when they went.
    True, but other than that day they have been innocuous. But as you say, that may be cause / effect - if Froome couldn't sustain time at the front, not much time in the whole team being there and raising the tempo.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • blazing_saddles
    Geniez seems to have taken a big fancy to Poel's arse.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Why are MS so bothered about controlling riders who are 10 minutes or more down on GC?
  • topper_harley
    Surely they ain't that bothered about Poels
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pinot looked a bit ropey at the back of the bunch on that short climb
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    attacking in the feed zone!
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    break gone 1:34 45k to go
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Break finally allowed to get some leeway. Dumoulin getting back solo after a mechanical / toilet stop.
  • mididoctors
    rattling along. good thing the stage is short.
  • mididoctors
    this is getting a bit mental
  • mididoctors
    wheels being let go
  • mididoctors
    running 5mins faster than fasted time schedule
  • blazing_saddles
    Poels leaves the breakaway to their fate.

And they started 10 minutes late.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    20 k to go, 20 seconds for the leaders. Viviani/Bennett here we come.
  • mididoctors
    Poels leaves the breakaway to their fate.

And they started 10 minutes late.

your right!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Raining