MBR Forum closure - post new usernames here

2»

Comments

• jamski
    jamski Posts: 737
    Good service Josh, much better than MBR! ;)
    Daddy, Husband, Designer, Biker, Gamer, Geek
    Bird Aeris 120 | Boardman Team 650b | Boardman Pro FS | Calibre Two.two
  • Matty2B
    Matty2B Posts: 62
    joshjevans wrote:
    Hi all, apologies for the delayed response. As mentioned above, you will be unable to add a signature until you come off the newly registered user group.

For those who have posted above, I have manually removed you from this group so you should have regular forum access now and be able to add a signature (largely because I couldn't remember the exact post count/time frame for this to happen automatically!).

Please drop me a PM with any other issues/questions.

Cheers.
    Let's see if it works... yep! :) Many thanks.
    Getting better slowly, one crash at a time!
    Marin Hawk Hill 2 2018
    Kinesis Tripster AT, SRAM Apex
    Specialized Crossroads 2000
  • mtbleague
    mtbleague Posts: 6
    Advise please this is a screenshot of my Control Panel and then Usergroups, nothing selected and still no Sig to select, I take it one has to be selected ans it isn't the newly registered one :)

[img][/img]I%20take%20it%20we%20have%20to%20use%20an%20online%20service%20for%20images,%20no%20direct%20uploads

I take it we have to use online services for images on this board, no direct uploading?

Was going to show options on User Control Panel :(

Thanks for getting back to us so quickley, we are all just finding our way around right now.
  • Neilio1978
    Neilio1978 Posts: 9
    Well, I was surprised how long it actually lasted to be honest, numbers were definitely declining and most people were open to the fact they never actually bought MBR and/or read MBUK instead!

Input from MBR themselves was virtually non-existent, that seems to be better over here perhaps?

Anyways, I'm Neilio1978, formerly just Neilio from MBR.

Now can Steve and PI (or is it back to ibbo?) get back to arguing as I'm having withdrawal symptoms...

:D
  • Neilio1978
    Neilio1978 Posts: 9
    ...Steve is joining us isn't he???
  • Neilio1978 wrote:
    Well, I was surprised how long it actually lasted to be honest, numbers were definitely declining and most people were open to the fact they never actually bought MBR and/or read MBUK instead!

You say that, but the majority of the activity on here isn't actually in the MTB forums, the bulk of the traffic is either in the Road or Off-Topic forums. So I'm hoping the MBR crew can liven things up a bit!
    Subscribe on YouTube or follow on Instagram
  • TYJAY
    TYJAY Posts: 7
    Same user name as previous
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Neilio1978 wrote:
    Yes but he’s away in the Far East and will be joining on return.
  • keir7711
    keir7711 Posts: 2
    MBR Forum - Keir77
    Bikeradar - Keir7711
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Neilio1978 wrote:
    Yes but he’s away in the Far East and will be joining on return.

I'm back!

I did contemplate using a more anonymous username, but I have nothing to hide, and it does provide continuity.

I will update the Sherwood Pines Forum Ride as soon as I find out where it was put.
  • sniper68
    My user name has now changed from ibbo68(PI) to Sniper68.
    After 10 years I thought it was time for a change!
  • headlong
    headlong Posts: 2
    Hi.
    Not been a very (!) prolific poster over there in recent times, but fwiw I'm here, formerly edlong on MBR.
  • Matty2B
    Matty2B Posts: 62
    I'm back!

I did contemplate using a more anonymous username, but I have nothing to hide, and it does provide continuity.

I will update the Sherwood Pines Forum Ride as soon as I find out where it was put.
    Here you go...

viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=13092190
    Getting better slowly, one crash at a time!
    Marin Hawk Hill 2 2018
    Kinesis Tripster AT, SRAM Apex
    Specialized Crossroads 2000
  • gomezz
    gomezz Posts: 99
    I'm on here same as MBR. :D Gomezz.
  • I'm here...
  • mtbleague
    mtbleague Posts: 6
    Re Signature, I do not have the option even though there is radio buttons for including sig with every post, etc.

I take it it should look a bit like 4mins 24 sec into this terrible video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slez3b5o22c

Health warning - Dont watch any other bits of it!

There is mention of uploading images directly, is this facillity avalable to us yet?
  • steve_sordy
    I'm another refugee from the MBR Forum. Only the second time on this site, still wandering around. Took me a while to register as I was abroad and I broke the charger for my laptop and then suffered from a Microsoft "upgrade" that effectively put me out of action until I paid someone to undo what had been done. :shock:

Anyway, I'm glad to be here now! :)
  • steve_sordy
    Matty2B wrote:

Thanks once again for your efforts Matty2B, :) but I had already found it before I saw your message.
  • Gandalfsdad on MBR - same here. Any updates on Sherwood ask away I am the horses mouth.
    Ranger, builder and overseer of all things trail at Sherwood Pines.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Gandalfsdad on MBR - same here. Any updates on Sherwood ask away I am the horses mouth.

LOL - glad you finally made it! :D

We'll have to start a new Pines Update thread.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • Why not? Also there’s still the live version, front of house, Sherwood.
    Ranger, builder and overseer of all things trail at Sherwood Pines.
  • t0ffeeman
    t0ffeeman Posts: 47
    Seems like the MBR forum is back up....
  • sniper68
    T0ffeeMan wrote:
    Seems like the MBR forum is back up....
    I’ve had a couple of topic reply emails but the forum isn’t there so I’m guessing they’re old ones sent on the day it closed.
  • sniper68
    WTF it's back?
    Maybe the FB page idea has failed?
  • sniper68
    Just PM'd Simon on the MBR Forum and got this reply:-
    Paul I have no idea what is going on but it shouldn't be live.

I should be taking this seriously but I can't help but giggle –*the MBR Forum is indestructible! And so it should be!

Xendi emailed me to give me a heads up so not only has this made me laugh but I hadn't heard from him in ages!

Best wishes

Simon

Strange things afoot :lol:
  • sniper68
    Strange indeed.
    I can access the MBR Forum on my laptop but not on my phone :?:
    There's at least 4 other Ex-Members who can also access it.
    Maybe it's a sign.......
  • sniper68
    I can still access it today......but it times out if I go to another Tab.Works perfectly fine if i stay on the MBR page though.
  • 77Alan
    77Alan Posts: 1
    I was Alan77 on the old forum.

Glad to have found everyone here.

I only found out it closed before xmas and I found this thread after searching and found this place, I was surprised the old site closed more so that it did in May, I am sure I had been in since May, I couldn't have done though.