Car making rattling noise

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Lulu?
    Does she belong in the other thread? We need to know!
    Inexplicable? Not in her prime perhaps.
    Prime was obviously explicable. Mind the teeth though!
    Blind date era?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited May 2018
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Lulu?
    Blind date era?

Wasn't that Cilla Black, the multi millionaire lass from Liverpool who stayed close to her roots in her million pound house in Uxbridge?

And no. Not even MF would go there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Lulu?
    Blind date era?

Wasn't that Cilla Black, the multi millionaire lass from Liverpool who stayed close to her roots in her million pound house outside London?

That's me zat the same level as V68 then......
    Tomorrow's pedal is in doubt.......
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Lulu?
    Blind date era?

Wasn't that Cilla Black, the multi millionaire lass from Liverpool who stayed close to her roots in her million pound house outside London?

Following your other comment it looks like a lot of things you have planned for tomorrow are in doubt ..................

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    Depends...
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Right, car afficionados, here is one for you.

MF was getting the serious power down in his Honda Accord earlier (he thinks its 10 years old, 50,000 miles, always fully serviced) and its started making a rattling noise from what seems the back end.

Its not graunching or rubbing like its pads down to metal sort of thing, no funny stuff with handling, but intermittent rattling like you're shaking a tin can full of bits of metal, so he's guessing exhaust/catalyser. Came on suddenly.

Doesn't happen all the time, still revs through and sits on the limiter when he's getting serious power down, VTEC (no, not that VTEC) works fine.

He reckons that if it is the catalyser he'll live with it by just turning the stereo up when he's playing his banging tunes. or just get an aftermarket silencer and throw the broken exhaust and catalyser into next door's garden after smashing it with a hammer and setting fire to it with fire.

Waddya say?
    Easy.

Take it to a garage and get it sorted rarher rhan let a bunch of cyclists guess. Or sell the heap of crap to some sucker and buy something decent.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    V68 fell asleep on the couch, just got woken up by the lad getting home. Bowie still on the telly box. Panic in Detroit.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I would empty the car and boot of all clutter to be sure. My wife has a habit of moving or putting things in the car that then produce various rattles and noises.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Kajjal wrote:
    I would empty the car and boot of all clutter to be sure. My wife has a habit of moving or putting things in the car that then produce various rattles and noises.
    Good advice for you MF, maybe the hooker in the boot isn’t dead
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:
    Good advice for you MF, maybe the hooker in the boot isn’t dead

Hmmmmm. Good point. I'll ask MF to go and check.

Could be a Shallow Grave/loft moment though....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Pinno wrote:

On a serious note, if I have a rattle and given that my trolley jack limits what I can do, I take my car to my local ATS. They are excellent at isolating rattles.

Well done ,you have found an ATS that can do something other than fit tyres. I ran a repair garage. Our local ATS manager brought their Transit pick up to us to "sort the back brakes". When I asked why they were not doing the job he replied,"we only dable with brakes ,we can't do anything like this."
  • veronese68
    lesfirth wrote:
    Well done ,you have found an ATS that can do something other than fit tyres. I ran a repair garage. Our local ATS manager brought their Transit pick up to us to "sort the back brakes". When I asked why they were not doing the job he replied,"we only dable with brakes ,we can't do anything like this."
    Doesn’t surprise me at all, the number of garages we supply bits to that get the simplest things wrong.
  • pblakeney
    PBlakeney wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Lulu?
    Blind date era?

Following your other comment it looks like a lot of things you have planned for tomorrow are in doubt ..................
    Over 100km done. Over 920m climbed. Over 2200 calories burnt. More importantly, that equates to 18 beers. Allegedly.
    Assuming that means small beers then 7 pints out of 9 pints have been done. Job jobbed as some would say. :D
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    MF thinks he's has Phuked his car.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    Did you try to phix it?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    :)

Phorget that. He got a mate to take it for a hack who came back shaking his head. He's then went off chasing some M Series Beemer in it with the Stereophonics playing too loud. I think he crushed his dog in the boot with his big med pack whilst performing a particularly special cornering manoeuvre.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    Video or it did not happen. :wink:
    Please let there be a video.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Phorget that. He got a mate to take it for a hack who came back shaking his head.
    Have you managed to fix it yet?

Does sound like it needs more than plugging a cable back in which fixed all the flashing lights on mine.
  • Matthewfalle
    not yet - its sitting on the driveway lloking dirty.

mf is going to take it to thegarage tomorrow and see what they say - hopefully its something simple.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Surely given what car it is, surely the smash with hammer/set on fire/chuck into neighbours garden solution is the way to go? Then go buy a petrol AMG :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    petrol AMG :wink:
    The word petrol should be unnecessary there. Diesel Merc’s are German taxis and should have base spec cloth seats, steel wheels with a hub cap missing and not be the performance version.
    Thems the roolz.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The word petrol should be unnecessary there. Diesel Merc’s are German taxis and should have base spec cloth seats, steel wheels with a hub cap missing and not be the performance version.
    Thems the roolz.
    It's just a point I feel I need to make as there is someone on here who said they had an 'AMG' and it turned out to be a diesel 'AMG Line' :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thems the roolz.
    It's just a point I feel I need to make as there is someone on here who said they had an 'AMG' and it turned out to be a diesel 'AMG Line' :wink:
    Do I have to have half cloth and 2 steel wheels as it’s a hybrid?
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thems the roolz.
    Diesel AMG= wrong. Just like BMW M series diesels = wrong. And Audi S series diesels = wrong.
    I have a hankering for a C63 Estate (I’d settle for a C43) but can’t explain this to the Mrs. Do I have a problem?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thems the roolz.
    Do I have to have half cloth and 2 steel wheels as it’s a hybrid?
    A few Hail Marys and youre in the clear.

At least its not a diesel, they're obviously the devil's work - why else would the French drive so many of them?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thems the roolz.
    Diesel AMG= wrong. Just like BMW M series diesels = wrong. And Audi S series diesels = wrong.
    I have a hankering for a C63 Estate (I’d settle for a C43) but can’t explain this to the Mrs. Do I have a problem?
    Yes, the wrong wife
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thems the roolz.
    Don't explain, just buy it. Better to ask forgiveness etc...

Oh, and no C43, make it a C63s or you'll just regret it later.
  • Matthewfalle
    MF is looking at a Giulia Quattrofoglio. I and I think its a very pretty car. Not much room for the Hound but the bambini can always run behind.

He would also lie a 159 estate if the Accord is dying. I and I think that is a prettier car.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I miss my 156 estate, thing of beauty and so much better than the pos Audi that followed.