Giro 2018, Stage 12: Osimo - Imola. 214 kms *Spoilers*

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    adr82 wrote:
    FFS Carlton, how do you mix up LLS and Betancur???

That was impressive. At least Atapuma is in the same team as Ulissi when he mixed them up a minute earlier.
  • Well, this is a lot more exciting that I thought it would be earlier :D
  • kingstongraham
    Wow
  • kingstongraham
    edited May 2018
    Bennett's found a bit of confidence then...
  • inmsotall
    inmsotall Posts: 16
    Very impressive from Sam Bennett!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    uber bennet power!
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Good lad. Never bet against Irish riders in the rain.
  • lettingthedaysgoby
    lettingthedaysgoby Posts: 1,732
    edited May 2018
    Wow, what a display of power from Bennett there
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    if that sprint was any longer theyd have called it a break away
  • mididoctors
    proper roadman sprinter
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    The difference between fast pros and a real sprinter.....easy
  • mididoctors
    exciting finish after all.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    If anyone wants a secret to winning every procycling manager stage, that’s how you do it.
  • mididoctors
    any splits?
  • topper_harley
    topper_harley Posts: 597
    Any GC guy miss the first group?
  • topper_harley
    topper_harley Posts: 597
    Superman ship time?
  • Vino'sGhost
    soooo the GC riders any gaps?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    No GC losses showing as yet.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    well that was alright
  • Vino'sGhost
    Thank you
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Might Mohoric and Betancour have made it if, as it appeared to me, Betancour hadn't (prematurely) eased off? Maybe not, but they both did appear to give up earlier than necessary, first B then M when he realised he would be then alone.
    I haven't watched a repeat to see how true this was, but it looked like, as they rode in, that Mohoric said something to Betancour. Don't know if it was a complaint like “That's how to lose races“, or simply “Well we tried“.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Thank you
    Seemed to me that all the current GC top 20 were in the first group home.
  • mididoctors
    simon yates body fat % shrinks every interview.
  • mididoctors
    knedlicky wrote:
    Might Mohoric and Betancour have made it if, as it appeared to me, Betancour hadn't (prematurely) eased off? Maybe not, but they both did appear to give up earlier than necessary, first B then M when he realised he would be then alone.
    I haven't watched a repeat to see how true this was, but it looked like, as they rode in, that Mohoric said something to Betancour. Don't know if it was a complaint like “That's how to lose races“, or simply “Well we tried“.

it was odd wasn't it... it was as thou they thought they had it and were tracking each other for the sprint to the next moment just doing nothing. maybe just spent I guess.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Elia Viviani manages to disappoint even in such a lackluster sprinting field.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Looked to me like Mohoric decided he wasn't going to tow Berancur to the line.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Did Viviani smack his bars when he finished as he usually does when failing to win a sprint stage?
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    OMG how fast was Bennett ?

God I love the Giro, and this one in particular !!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    Looked to me like Mohoric decided he wasn't going to tow Berancur to the line.

That's a lot of dead weight. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Pross wrote:
    Did Viviani smack his bars when he finished as he usually does when failing to win a sprint stage?

I don’t think so, he crossed the line 145th, 9 mins down