Giro 2018, Stage 10: Tuesday, 15 May: Penne - Gualdo Tadino 239 kms *Spoilers*

Comments

• Well, this has all been a lot more interesting so far than I thought it was going to be...
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Well, this has all been a lot more interesting so far than I thought it was going to be...

its the Giro :)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Is it me or do Michelton Scott seem to be getting away with not doing much work in this race?
  • Well, this has all been a lot more interesting so far than I thought it was going to be...

its the Giro :)
    Certainly is :D
  • inmsotall
    inmsotall Posts: 16
    Firstly, I rarely post on here but I would like to say how much I love these threads. Very informative.

Quick questions - how much time is Simon Yates expected to lose to the main GC contenders on the upcoming TT?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,155
    Does Chaves think he's French? Can't take the pressure so shipping a load of GC time so he can go hunting stages and the mountains jersey ;)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    inmsotall wrote:
    Firstly, I rarely post on here but I would like to say how much I love these threads. Very informative.

Quick questions - how much time is Simon Yates expected to lose to the main GC contenders on the upcoming TT?

bad day for yates 2-3min...good day 1-2 mins thats to an on form Dumoulin and Froome

pinot blows hot and cold in the TT
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • inmsotall
    inmsotall wrote:

bad day for yates 2-3min...good day 1-2 mins thats to an on form Dumoulin and Froome

That is more than I thought it would be.

At this stage of his career would he be expected to improve his TT ability?
  • mididoctors
    Pross wrote:
    Does Chaves think he's French? Can't take the pressure so shipping a load of GC time so he can go hunting stages and the mountains jersey ;)

sent a lot of riders back to help. embarrassing round the dinner table tonight.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

he has which is why i think he will lose a min or so to Td
  • inmsotall
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

Interesting to see what will happen. Some many unknowns!
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479
    Stuck at work, where's Froome in all this?
  • mididoctors
    Tashman wrote:
    at the front looking like froome does. sky did a lot of work distancing chaves
  • Vino'sGhost
    Im tempted to pump the tyres up
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,479
    Tashman wrote:
    at the front looking like froome does. sky did a lot of work distancing chaves
    Ta. Was conspicuous by his abscence in the comments
  • inseine
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

It's what, 35k? He lost 49sec to Dennis is Abu Dhabi in 12.5k. He's pretty much where the other climbers are time wise. the opening stage flattered the climbers. I'd say 2.30
  • Vino'sGhost
    peloton munching gels and putting wet weather gear on
  • Vino'sGhost
    Froome not opting for one with wobble inducing sleeves lolol
  • mididoctors
    inseine wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

It's what, 35k? He lost 49sec to Dennis is Abu Dhabi in 12.5k. He's pretty much where the other climbers are time wise. the opening stage flattered the climbers. I'd say 2.30

i'll take that bet 1:38 secs to TD
  • Vino'sGhost
    inseine wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

That was a vey technical short TT though, but i reckon 2 mins plus. I hope for him not much more.
  • inseine
    So who's going to win the Giro?

"If I had to bet on someone, I'd bet on myself."

says Are. Got to admire his confidence
  • inseine
    inseine wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

You're already backing away from 'a minute or so' ! :D
  • evs78
    evs78 Posts: 133
    inseine wrote:

I think I read Yates suggested he expected to lose 4 or 4.3 seconds per KM which would suggest you are there or thereabouts.
    All the gear and no idea...
  • mididoctors
    inseine wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:
    inmsotall wrote:

You're already backing away from 'a minute or so' ! :D

thats my final word... step up or step off
  • inseine

So 1.38 or 2.30, nearest one wins?
    I can't loose because i hope you're right :D
  • mididoctors
    Frapporti looks hollowed out and gaunt. its an absurdly brutal sport.
  • mididoctors
    inseine wrote:

So 1.38 or 2.30, nearest one wins?
    I can't loose because i hope you're right :D

done

i don't think Td is improving and he is going to leave his legs on the Zoncalan
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    have they sent people back to protect Chavez?
    yeah, a fair few... more than half the team...got to within a min at one stage then the sprinter teams helped out at the front to distance Viviani who was in the Chaves group.
    Sprinter teams? Are there any sprinters in the front peloton apart from Sam Bennett?
    Think Modolo is back with Chaves and Viviani.
    Van Poppel, Belletti, Planckaert???
  • Vino'sGhost
    cannondale having a great day if you count ex riders :)
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2018
    knedlicky wrote:
    have they sent people back to protect Chavez?
    yeah, a fair few... more than half the team...got to within a min at one stage then the sprinter teams helped out at the front to distance Viviani who was in the Chaves group.
    Sprinter teams? Are there any sprinters in the front peloton apart from Sam Bennett?
    Think Modolo is back with Chaves and Viviani.
    Van Poppel, Belletti, Planckaert???

lotto and lotto jumbo and ef along with bora were pulling upfront so not sure where modolo is? maybe to just keep vivani out of the points?