Giro 2018, Stage 10: Tuesday, 15 May: Penne - Gualdo Tadino 239 kms *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    chaves two mins behind maglia rosa group. they cant relent...they have a chance to put Chaves out the race, they have to combine and take that opportunity.
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    edited May 2018
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Blessing in disguise for MS in my opinion. The dual leadership thing can be difficult to manage, even if one of them is the nicest bloke in the world.

for most teams yes... thou in MS's case I think they could have used the Chaves card well and managed that dynamic
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    3:35 according to CN live ticker, with Sam Bewley in there to help. Is there a danger of missing the time cut here?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Worst case scenario he can join the autobus.
  • mididoctors
    ...must be ill? chaves on his own! off the back of the autobus
  • shirley_basso
    CN ticker says gap to peloton steady?
  • mididoctors
    not sure i trust the tickers too much... bit mixed messages
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Why am I watching a potter's wheel?
  • Any reason for why he's so far back? Had a crash or just gone pop?
  • shirley_basso
    Pop from the start. Maybe an off day, post rest day blues, unwell, who knows?

Either way, everyone is looking to drive the peloton to leave him behind.
  • mididoctors
    Any reason for why he's so far back? Had a crash or just gone pop?

unknown
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Chaves could end the day level on time with Froome.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • shirley_basso
    Martin now alone. Has 1 min on the peloton.

Meintjes also back with Chaves.
  • 150km time trial :mrgreen:
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,390
    Bad blood bag on his rest day.... :twisted: :mrgreen:

Now ducks and runs for cover................ very, very fast!
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    gsk82 wrote:
    Chaves could end the day level on time with Froome.
    From where he is at the moment, that'd be a good result for Chaves. Unless he just had a bad dose of the squits on the way up the first climb and can recover through the day he'll be fortunate not to ship the same amount of time he already has lost and end up behind Froome (and plenty others) in the GC.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • shirley_basso
    Martin sits up
  • shirley_basso
    Everyone trading turns to keep Chaves away
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    Apparently Viviani is with a group incl Chaves and QS have got some of the team back and are now driving this group back to the main bunch
  • mididoctors
    guess a new break?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,307
    gap down to 30 seconds
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    I'm a ways behind watching and I can't believe my ears.
    Kirby giving a fine example of his professionalism. Willier are working in the chase for......................Mareczko.
    That would be the Mareczko who abandoned the race before the rest day.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Gap still 1:18?
  • Mad_Malx
    I'm a ways behind watching and I can't believe my ears.
    Kirby giving a fine example of his professionalism. Willier are working in the chase for......................Mareczko.
    That would be the Mareczko who abandoned the race before the rest day.

I've got Hatch and Smith on ES player
  • mididoctors
    are the commentators on the europlayer some sort of deliberate marketing incentive?
  • are the commentators on the europlayer some sort of deliberate marketing incentive?
    Do they actually consistently have alternative commentary on player? Because if so that marketing might work on me.
  • Mad_Malx
    are the commentators on the europlayer some sort of deliberate marketing incentive?

What really confuses me is that catch-up is always Kirby.
    Why would you save his crap and not use Hatch/Stephens etc?
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx wrote:

What really confuses me is that catch-up is always Kirby.
    Why would you save his crap and not use Hatch/Stephens etc?

I can't really work out the economics either - why pay 4 guys to do the work of 2?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    To confuse things further, here in the Netherlands I saw highlights of the stage on Dutch Eurosport commentated on by the GCN guys.

How many English speaking commentators do they need?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Do they actually consistently have alternative commentary on player? Because if so that marketing might work on me.
    There's also usually a commentary (and advert) free feed on the player too - the raw feed from the host broadcaster.