Giro 2018: Stage 8, PRAIA A MARE - MONTEVERGINE DI MERCOGLIANO 12 May 2018 / Saturday / 209 km *Spoi

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    He slipped off at low speed in the TT reccy, now he slips off on a bend at the same speed as everyone else. Weird.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,531
    I'm expecting Yates to have a nibble soon.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    froome nervous.
    Everyone near him is probably feeling the same
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    LOL
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Little Kenny <3
    Correlation is not causation.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Kom op Bouwman
  • inseine
    Froome on the radio "remind me, which way do i turn the bars for a right hander?"
  • mididoctors
    has he got a slow front wheel puncture?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    Alles uit de kast!
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Sky playing it safe by riding in front of Froome
  • rick_chasey
    Oh Bouwman.

Fair play mate. Proper pain face
  • mididoctors
    attacks carapaz...bucketing down
  • rick_chasey
    What are the GC contenders playing at?
  • inseine
  • mididoctors
    pinot attacking no surprise
  • rick_chasey
    Why are they booing carapaz?
  • mididoctors
    froome hangs onto group..pinot 3rd
  • mididoctors

dunno?
  • mididoctors
    froome really couldn't handle those wet roads
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Was Froome just mashing and overdoing it round corner on wet centre line there?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,702
    Nice win by Carapaz. At least he was committed.
    Battaglin made 4th, which sums this big, useless lump up.

Did the RCS pay Froome to race, or supply the comedy?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    I assume they thought that the young rider's jersey was sky kit.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Has there been a notable cyclist from Ecuador before? I can't think of one off hand.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    RichN95 wrote:
    Has there been a notable cyclist from Ecuador before? I can't think of one off hand.

There was a guy called Carapaz who was not bad in the Tour de Savoie a few of years back, whatever happened to him.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Madiot: "Froome, whom I'm not a fan of, in fact I'm here to bury him not praise him, is on the ropes but he's not KO'd. The aim is to take time where possible without killing yourself because the second half will be difficult. Then, when Froome counters still have the energy to stay with him. Pinot's team mates are working well in support and rather than be happy finishing in 4 or 5th place he's assuming his role and going out on the hunt. He also descended well in the rain. Let's not forget there are other riders. Demoulin doesn't look too comfotable but Pozzovivo is riding the race of his life and Fabio is still there and there are Yates and Chavez."
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129

dunno?

Terrible.
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    32559994_1696692787087110_5318450288875536384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6decb7167f3176f22a4d8e53fa5d8abe&oe=5B84C076
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    davidof wrote:
    Madiot: "Froome, whom I'm not a fan of, in fact I'm here to bury him not praise him, is on the ropes but he's not KO'd. The aim is to take time where possible without killing yourself because the second half will be difficult. Then, when Froome counters still have the energy to stay with him. Pinot's team mates are working well in support and rather than be happy finishing in 4 or 5th place he's assuming his role and going out on the hunt. He also descended well in the rain. Let's not forget there are other riders. Demoulin doesn't look too comfotable but Pozzovivo is riding the race of his life and Fabio is still there and there are Yates and Chavez."

Even taking into account that which gets lost in translation, Madiot could do with a slap. Or is that not PC - even when that person is seeking to “bury” someone? Perhaps he could do the machine-gunning the crowd mime, or maybe drag a thumb across his throat...
    Come the Tour, especially if Froome is healthy and allowed to ride, his Groupama team will get crushed with comeuppance and then Madiot will be whingeing again. What a fin de cloche.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    davidof wrote:

Even taking into account that which gets lost in translation, Madiot could do with a slap. Or is that not PC - even when that person is seeking to “bury” someone? Perhaps he could do the machine-gunning the crowd mime, or maybe drag a thumb across his throat...
    Come the Tour, especially if Froome is healthy and allowed to ride, his Groupama team will get crushed with comeuppance and then Madiot will be whingeing again. What a fin de cloche.
    Maybe I'm giving him to way to much credit here, but it might be an allusion to or a phrase borrowed from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him."
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    RichN95 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    davidof wrote:

Maybe I'm giving him to way to much credit here, but it might be an allusion to or a phrase borrowed from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him."
    That is really cool. Did you remember that just off the top of your dome?

I'd expect it to be a case of getting lost in translation. A lot of the nuance in language gets missed in quick ad hoc translations.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023