How do I alter the FTP setting on my Garmin 1000?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,578
Morning all,

dim question I expect, but here we go.

I'm a Trainerroad user, and now they have started incorporating outdoor rides, it's interesting to see the overall TSS score on the daily\weekly activity chart.

I use Strava and Garmin Connect, but am also interested in the intensity factor & NP ratings (I ride with power mostly) for a ride, but notice that somehow my Garmin thinks my FTP is 200, which admittedly it was, but it's currently 210, and hopefully going up beyond that when I attempt another FTP in the next week or so.

At the weekend I completed an outdoor ride, with an NP of 199, and consequently GC rates this as an IF of 0.994 or thereabouts. I do appreciate I can easily calculate it myself, but that seems unnecessary.

I have looked on the device itself, and can see the value of 200 IIRC, but the only option for FTP, seemed to be to carry out a test on the device.
I've looked in Garmin Connect, and nowhere in there can I see anywhere to set the value - pretty much everything else is present though, weight, age, etc etc

I haven't manually synchronised the device via cable for a while, but it's on wireless, and uploads rides, and picks up firmware updates with no issues - am I missing the obvious?

Thanks

Dan
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• PhilipPirrip
    PhilipPirrip Posts: 616
    In Garmin Connect click on the 'Device and Sync Status' icon in top right corner and select the device.

Click on User Settings and scroll down to Power Zones where you can input your own FTP.

You'll notice you can also set your own percentages for the power zones if you wish.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,578
    That was fast!

Thankyou Philip, I am suitably humbled :oops: :lol:

Duly updated, and great I now know where to alter the power zones too!
    Now to get on the turbo.....
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18